ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

I AM A CHRISTIAN SCIENTOLOGIST

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Pip, Jul 11, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

^^^ Me too! But it strikes me sort of like trying to make a Ferrari out of Yugo parts :nervous: and then you have to buy it from a beautician...

2. Pip

Pip Patron with Honors

Please explain - me not understanding!:duh:

3. ClamSource

ClamSource Patron with Honors

I can.

4. Pip

Pip Patron with Honors

No it is not a matter of seeing things my way. My own way would be seeing through ego.

Lesson 1 in A Course in Miracles says "Nothing I see means anything". Lesson 2 "I have given what I see all the meaning it has for me". Lesson 3 "I do not understand anything I see". 4. "These thoughts do not mean anything". 5. "I am never upset for the reason I think". 6. "I am upset because I see what is not there". 7. "I see only the past". 8. "My mind is preoccupied with past thoughts." 9. "I see nothing as it is now". 10. "My thoughts do not mean anything". 11. "My meaningless thoughts are showing me a meaningless world". 12. "I am upset because I see a meaningless world". 13. A meaningless world engenders fear". 14. "God did not create a meaningless world". 15. "My thoughts are images that I have made". And so it goes on for another 345 lessons.

As for oxymorons I put a bit on my blog about my concrete barge (concrete that floats) There's an oxymoron.

5. Pip

Pip Patron with Honors

Thanks - stay pan-determined.

6. Pip

Pip Patron with Honors

So what could be more worthwhile than working with others to create a better world? Is that not why we all got into Scientology in the first place.

What about this verse in the poem "IF".

If you can bear to hear the Truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools
    Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken
    And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools.

or maybe

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss.

7. xguardian

xguardian Patron with Honors

Your delusion that convicts the whole for acts of some prove your spirit is even opposed to the Torah.

8. jason45654

jason45654 New Member

Hi all

cool, seems like a good subject
    I am interested in it
    please help

God bless

9. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

I don't believe there can genuinely be such a thing as a Christian Scientologist.

Christians generally believe that God is love.

As part of Hubbard's thought control process, Scientology victims have been taught to replace love with "affinity". Furthermore, they believe in "exchange", and the gifts that Christians believe God gave to mankind would leave God "out-exchange".

Therefore, I don't believe such a thing as a "Christian Scientologist" can exist, except in the form of a Scientology shore story. Just more PR to salve Scientology's ruined image, and more lies to reel in new suckers.

10. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Hi Pip! How's it going? :coolwink:

11. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

OMG!!!!! :omg:

Are you implying that a member of ESMB would actually pretend to be somebody else!!!!! GASP! :nervous: :whistling: :ohmy:

A sockpuppet????????

(note: wouldn't be the first time)

12. wholymary

wholymary New Member

you are not alone, there are many of us, just keep going up to OT and this will all work out for you:yes:

13. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Notice - in the first post, below - how she immediately does a PR handling on the "wog" at the mention of Xenu.

14. Jachs

Jachs Gold Meritorious Patron

Re: I want to be a BUDDHIST SCIENTOLOGIST

BUDDHIST SCIENTOLOGIST

http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-44512.html

Rhianna1
    Just wondered if anyone here was a buddhist/scientologist? I'm quite interested in both religions but find it all a bit confusing and dont really know who to speak to about it apart from google.
    Any replys apprectiated :)
    (hope this is in the right place i didnt really know where to put it)

Peta
    08-06-2010, 11:03 PM
    I'm neither but have worked for Scientologists and can empthise with a lot of the Buddhist beliefs and ideals....

In what way are you 'interested'? :D Interested in joining or just want to know more?

First of all Scientology is a cult don't get involved with then ;)

Rhianna1
    08-06-2010, 11:10 PM
    i'm quite interested in joining but deffinately need to know more I kinda feel like i should belong to a religion just spiritualy and that not because of society or anything

Peta
    08-06-2010, 11:27 PM
    Well keep away from Scientology. Have you seen any of the anonymous stuff? :D

Here's a rev L Hubbard direct quote, sort of tells you all you need to know.

“If you want to make a little money, write a book. If you want to make a lot of money, create a religion.”

Buddhism is less of a religion more of a way of life, a lot to do with cause and effect, but be careful because there are Buddhist sects/cults too.

Don't feel you have to belong to a religion unless you actually have a feel for it and are properly spiritual and believe, just be a hippy ;)

I'm not religious, works for me :)

Rhianna1
    08-06-2010, 11:33 PM
    mayybe belongs not the right word I feel i need more than just a hippy life
    Im deff more buddhism than scientology it just fasinates me its hard to explain but i just feel like i should be a buddhist and i want to but i dont know why :s confusing maybe its a sign that thats my religion or maybe i just have to much time to think.....

katielou
    08-07-2010, 04:22 AM
    See if you can find a local Buddhist group and go along!
    I know in Yorkshire there were a couple of groups that had meetings so I'm sure other places do!

EDIT: I would second staying away from scientology. Have you looked into some of their "rules"!!

bigredfish
    08-07-2010, 12:24 PM
    Ha ha ha.. Scientology :p

Scientology isn't a religion. It's a cult for rich celebrities whose beliefs roughly centre on the idea that the human soul is actually that of an alien.

One of my favourite songs ('Thetanen' by Tyske Ludder) includes an excerpt from the Anonymous declaration of war against the Church of Scientology... Have a read of this, if you fancy a good laugh: http://encyclopediadramatica.com/PROJECT_CHANOLOGY

Rhianna1
    08-07-2010, 12:58 PM
    Yeah i know scientology isnt a real religion and they just want your money but i still want to learn about it thanks for the link bigredfish katielou i think your right i'll have to find a group near me i'd be scared to go alone so have to get someone to come with :)

15. Jachs

Religion & Beliefs
    Jewish Scientologists? HinJews? Where do we draw the line?

By Laurel Snyder / December 8, 2006

The Jerusalem Post has a story today about Jewish (Israeli) Scientologists. Which lends a whole new twist to the conversation over whether one can be a Jew without believing as a Jew.

how do you feel about this? Jewish Scientologists? For real? These people are apeshit crazy!

http://www.jewcy.com/religion-and-beliefs/jewish_scientologists_hinjews_where_do_we_draw_the_line

16. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Above posts were actually meant for another thread, and have been placed there, but somehow they're not out of place here.

Are we about to be swamped with button-pushing troll-like Scientologists posing as Christians?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  17. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Squirreling Dervish

I was hoping I could be an OT8 reincarnate Islamic Jew from Dusseldorf who works for the KGB in my next life, though I'd be born in Kenya by way of Hawaii.

18. coooooooooool....Re: I AM A CHRISTIAN SCIENTOLOGIST

hey

what a great thread

hi pip!

by at least the simplest definition i too am a scientologist

and i am most firmly and decidedly a professing christian

and i smoke pot

19. no

there are no excatholics

the disease can be treated but it's incurable

20. Jachs

appears that way..

As if 'someone' posting/posing here as a christian scientologist could be used to any advantage by CoS, if we debate the concept of christian scientologist from a basis of hundreds of years of collective experience in scientology on how it behaves behind closed doors, we would of course still be accused of religious discrimination.Thats scn twisted scripture. Dead-agent was that way in , 1954, 1965, in 1970 , 1980 , 2000 , it will remain true from here on out.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?5114-WAS-HUBBARD-A-RACIST

Of course if wholymary is sincere im sure we will receive more communication..