ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

I AM A CHRISTIAN SCIENTOLOGIST

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Pip, Jul 11, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. yes

CoS is refreshingly honest about itself compared to other churches

2. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Gold Meritorious Patron

Really? This is from a 1974 edition of the Green volumes, is it in the current volumes?
    This is a yes or no question.

3. you're not asking me are you?

how the fuck would i know?

i haven't been "active" since 1974

4. There is another similarity

Fundamentalist Christians watch the Flintstones as if it's a documentary, and Fundamentalist Scientologists watch The Jetsons as if it's a documentary

5. bugs bunny is documentary isn't it?

6. clamicide

clamicide Gold Meritorious Patron

um, has anyone noticed the date of the OP?

7. SpecialFrog

SpecialFrog Silver Meritorious Patron

Maybe someone thought resurrecting the Christian thread would be somehow appropriate.

8. Bugs Bunny is more like a biography of a philosopher

9. Idle Morgue

Idle Morgue Gold Meritorious Patron

Birdie - with all due respect - "refreshingly honest" and Church of Scientology are a total oxymoron and those two phrases do not mix - oil and vinegar, my friend.

There is nothing, and I REPEAT refreshing or honest about anything in the Church of Scientology!!! I have never seen any other church do the mental, spiritual and emotional, not to mention familial...oh, and let's not forget financial destruction to people and get away with it for 60 years like I have witnessed in the Church of Scientology.

The devastation is mind boggling! Nothing honest, nothing refreshing there in Scientology - nada, zip, zero~! IMHO:lol:

10. clamicide

That I get, but I've seen folks addressing the OP (as in poster) who disappeared many moons ago... I'm laid up in bed with a hip thing and in massive pain, so I'm a bit more crotchety than usual..:grouch:

11. next time you pick up a hip thing to lay up in bed don't get her/him/other from an S&M bar

12. clamicide

actually, if I pick up a hip thing again (hope to hell not ever happening again)... I'd much rather get it in an interesting way... whereas this was just random pain, perhaps from a change of office chairs

13. Claire Swazey

Claire Swazey Spokeshole, fence sitter

That's irony, isn't it?

14. in part. shame it's not in full

check out lenny bruce's bit "religion inc."