What's new

I am a Scientologist-Is this a real success story?

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Overlord Travolta told me! :roflmao:
Supreme Commander Cuise and Overlord Travolta are gonna take over and make it good for us. :roflmao:

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Overlord Travolta told me! :roflmao:
Supreme Commander Cuise and Overlord Travolta are gonna take over and make it good for us. :roflmao:

Don't write it off. They both have awesome command presence!

travoltahairspray.jpg

2006-11-13T134338Z_01_NOOTR_RTRIDSP_2_OUKEN-UK-LIFE-CRUISE.jpg
[

I quite like Travolta, to be honest. Get Shorty - very cool!

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
I like JT and TC. Got to meet JT on the Freewinds in fact. I was surprised how "normal" he was; no attitude, just a regular guy happy to talk with you. Now if TC would just wake up, he could be a very effective spokeman as Supreme Commander of Operation Clambake.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't think that video is at all funny. Some shithouse has been feeding that boy drugs and has got rich in the process and now we're all supposed to laugh at the kid because his brains are fucked. Like he's some deviate in a zoo or something.

I don't think it's a joke at all.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Would you stand and laugh at a cripple struggling to walk?

Why then laugh at a guy with a drugged out brain trying to express himself? Especially when the evil barstard who fed him the drugs is still out there getting rich out of fucking up even more kids while you sit and laugh.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Are you speaking of his drug dealer? Or is there some further history available on this particular "boy" that I am unaware of? Are you just expressing your indignation over someone being ruined by taking drugs and another profiting from it?

I certainly wouldn't laugh a cripple trying to stand and walk. I think the guy decided to make this video and upload it to YouTube -- and he was doing it as a joke. You think he was serious?

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I quite like Travolta, to be honest. Get Shorty - very cool!

To tell the truth, 'Get Shorty' is one of the things I hold against JT. I'm a huge Elmore Leonard fan and loved the book, and, even the sequel, 'Be Cool'.

I can't help but see both the movie versions as atrocities, and, you might agree, if you read the books :)

I do enjoy the fact that Leonard doesn't take himself seriously, and even laughs about how horrifically Hollywood mutilates his books. That's what 'Be Cool' is all about; Chili Palmer is having to deal with people who loved (or hated) the movie he made from the original story. Lots of gratuitous insults at the people involved :)

Now, for a *good* Leonard take, there's 'Jackie Brown', from Tarantino, and, taken from Leonard's 'Rum Punch'. It's shortened, with a whole plot development left out, but, very true to the book.

I can highly recommend almost all the Leonard books.

Zinj

Tanstaafl

Crusader
To tell the truth, 'Get Shorty' is one of the things I hold against JT. I'm a huge Elmore Leonard fan and loved the book, and, even the sequel, 'Be Cool'.

I can't help but see both the movie versions as atrocities, and, you might agree, if you read the books :)

I do get angry when I feel a movie adaptation has deviated from the message of the book or hasn't done it justice. Just substitute Jane Austen for Elmore Leonard. :) Don't get me started on Starship Troopers! :angry:

Loved Get Shorty. Watched Joe Kidd the other night - surprised to find it was by Leonard. Jackie Brown is awesome.

Lee_from_phx

Patron with Honors
The only thing I can say about Get Shorty is this.

How can anyone (male at least) NOT like a movie that features Renee Russo in her underwear?