ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

I Am Not Anonymous

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by Lynn Fountain Campbell, Jan 30, 2008.

1. pomfritz

pomfritz Patron with Honors

From Operation Snow White to dressing as a homeless bum and peeing on a building? My how times have changed!

I'm going to give OSA the benefit of the doubt and say they wouldn't go through the effort of this disguise to do such a petty act. I know the area and the chances of a real bum peeing in public is pretty much a sure thing.

2. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

It's exactly this 'benefit of the doubt' that OSA counts on :)

It's *exactly* the kind of stuff they do. Things like breaking ceramic frogs on an 'enemy's' front porch.

Yup; that's our OSA; although, they do other stuff too.

Zinj

3. Lynn Fountain Campbell

Lynn Fountain Campbell Silver Meritorious Patron

Yeah, but there are so-o-o-o many more places than my back door....

Lynn

4. Colleen K. Peltomaa

Colleen K. Peltomaa Silver Meritorious Patron

I take the chip from my digital camera and insert it into my "SanDisk", which gets plugged into a USB port. The software comes with the SanDisk.

5. Colleen K. Peltomaa

Lynn, did any of the picketers stop by and get a haircut?

6. Lynn Fountain Campbell

If they did, I wouldn't say.:)

Lynn

7. Colleen K. Peltomaa

I will use my imagination :)

8. Lynn Fountain Campbell

Thanks, RA. Yes I'm very pleased with what I've seen so far. Please check your PMs. I have an idea.

Lynn

9. Lynn Fountain Campbell

Looking forward to it. Would love to meet you, Barb. :)

And looking forward to anyone's telling them off. I don't see them changing, even in the face of the growing protests. They've only gone into covert mode, like good little "keeping scientology working" machines. My hope is that some individuals will regain the ability to look -- and to actually see the dead end CofS is herding them into.

Lynn

10. The Oracle

The Oracle Gold Meritorious Patron

I think we know one another.

Is Lynn short for Carolyn?

I mean, is your formal name Carolyn?

T.O.

11. Mojo

Mojo Silver Meritorious Patron

brackets mine.

You know Sneakster, if I had a dollar for everytime 'you did that' I would be a rich man.

On the other hand, if I had a dollar for everytime 'I did that' I would be a very rich man.

Sorry, just wanted to get that off my chest. So to speak.

Back to the regularly scheduled thread.

Mojo

P.S. Dear Lynn, you are an inspiration to more human beings than you can even imagine (at this time, place and stage in life). Kudo's (& thanks) to you.

12. Colleen K. Peltomaa

Lynn, we get concerned when we don't hear about you everyday. What has your normal day been like since the riots, uh, I mean protests?

How are your customers doing?

13. TheSneakster

TheSneakster Guest

not important

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
  14. Fancy

Fancy Patron Meritorious

I know. I am going to do a few things first before I decide to come and if I do I will not post it publicly here. I will let you know.

I would have to find someone I could stay with.

Not a churchie this time af they can throw you to the street with no where to go.

It might not be soon but I will eventually do it.

I was going to visit a friend soon but that is not possible at this time.

Barb

15. Lynn Fountain Campbell

Thanks Mojo. And actually this is very much on-topic. I never did say how much I appreciate the fact that Sneakster called me! :love2: Even if it was based on a misunderstanding.

I never experienced the level of care when I was "in" that I'm now getting from you buncha SPs. :)

Lynn

16. Lynn Fountain Campbell

I've been hesitant to go there, since I now do private instruction as a yoga teacher. Wouldn't they think I'm a squirrel? :confused2:

Lynn

17. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

Lynn, if your chief claim to "squirreldom" is practicing yoga you REALLY haven't been out of the Co$ for long. :D

Your pretty new to being "out" but one of the longstanding "games" in the freezone has been squabbling over whose tech is the "purest", "most effective", or "best". Some of the "flame wars" between Class VIIIs and other techies over the decades have fallen just short of resorting to WMDs. I suspect that has been principally due to a lack of access to such material and not self-restraint. :coolwink:

As a result of such "spirited" discussions the freezone generally recognizes that there are differences in viewpoint when it comes to the tech and it is up to each INDIVIDUAL to sort it out for himself.

The term freezone itself was coined by CBR for his RO's but has been generally adopted as referring to anyone who advocates some form of auditing and chooses to identify themselves as a "freezoner". In short, it ain't that "exclusive". :D

Almost all freezoners have moved on from a "scientology only" world view. Some freezoners prefer their own vision of "standard tech". Many more have moved on to some view of "what to keep versus what to throw away".

The group with the biggest impact at the present time appears to be the Ron's Org folk. Also, there are many freezoners who have practiced some variant such as Metapsychology, Idenics, or Knowledgism.

A very tiny few adhere to the general idea that "LRH was responsible for Jesus learning to walk on water", but they really are minuscule in numbers. They ARE the ones, however, most likely to give offense. ;-)

Freezoneorg (fzorg) has people on it with views of the subject of scientology which vary all over the map. The official policy of the site is "pro-standard tech" but non-purists are VERY WELCOME to communicate there.

FZorg is not intended as a tech site itself but a place principally for CHAT among freezoners. Similar to ESMB, but more "pro-scientology tech". Such discussions of tech that occur (not very much, its not a "tech site") center on "standard tech". But mostly the site is just for news & views. It is a good place for people who are "pro-auditing" to make contacts with others.

Wouldn't surprise me if a few of the regulars there might not be interested in your views of yoga.

FZorg is very lightly moderated and Terril Park (BB) is the host.

Their homepage states the board policy, such as it is:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FreezoneOrg/

IFA is a straight tech promotion & delivery site. It tends to be more limiting in its permitted discussions to matters relating to "standard tech" as is in keeping with their charter.

Even there, there exists a measure of diversity of views on "orthodoxy", although they all respect scientology "standard tech". They have an "org board" structure with a couple of Class VIIIs responsible for tech questions and the overall oversite of a Class XII as "Keeper of the Tech".

It is an EXCELLENT site for establishing contacts with "standard tech" auditors. The Class XII in particular has an interest in promoting the "rehab" of auditors who have been sabotaged by the Co$.

Mike Moore is the host at IFA.

I am not an official member of the IFA as I am not all that personally "orthodox" in my scientology views. Although I have a great deal of respect for the standard tech of scientology as practiced in the church prior to '82. My lack of "orthodoxy" has never prevented me from posting on the IFA board and maintaining good relations with most of the membership, especially Mike. I do respect the rules of the site in my posts. That is simply a common courtesy wherever a person posts.

I admit a few of the REALLY STRINGENTLY orthodox IFA participants have expressed a great deal of annoyance with some of my posts. Especially those which have challenged them for public rudeness.

Whether Mike regards scientologists who practice yoga as "other practicey" I can't say, but frankly it would surprise me. We are all out of the church and almost all (except a few LRH extremists) recognize that people have interests in activities other than "all scientology, all of the time". It's easy enough to ask him, either at IFA or fzorg. Many of the IFA & fzorg members, Mike included. regularly post at both sites.

Their policy is also stated on their homepage:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ifachat/

There are plenty of other sites out there besides ESMB. Some very "standard", some very "non-standard". Which ones you like are for you to determine. Many of us choose to lurk "out & about" precisely because we enjoy a diversity of views. [BB is EVERYWHERE! :omg: ]

What's that ol' saw? "When in doubt, communicate!" :D

Mark A. Baker

18. Div6

Div6 Crusader

I believe that the major plus point to the FZ is that the "self-suppress" is off the line. It is my consideration that one of the major barriers to true case gain "in" the CoS has been suppression of other "self-improvement" goals. Indeed, in the long run, if we are going to take responsibility for our selves and others, then a space is needed where it is safe to grow and change and follow OUR interest lines.

You can't honestly say "you have a tech of life" if you are squashing life, or some part of it. So I tend to be liberal in my social interface, and allow that we each have our own seperate path, and must respect that...keeping in mind that good\bad etc are just considerations.....

19. rubbertaster

rubbertaster Patron

Lynn

Thinking a little about the business fluctuation. Maybe if you start a sideline selling stuff online, all your friends can show their support by buying products directly from you (I guess pretty much everyone needs haircare products of some kind)?

I'm in Australia and I'm in.

Regards
    RT

20. Lynn Fountain Campbell

Wow RT!:biglove: What a great idea! I'll get to work on it right away! :woohoo:

Lynn