What's new

I Am Not Anonymous

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi all,

I've been in lurk mode for a few days, and updating my web site. Maybe new internet business coming soon. Getting hatted on it. Thanks RT, for the great suggestion.

Lynn

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am not anonymous.
C of S knows where I work.
They know where I live.
And they know I'm "disaffected."

I have a business in the belly of the Scientology beast, half a block from their complex in L.A. (Shear Perfection Salon, 4865 Fountain Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90029 Phone: 323-662-9735).

I used to think that by not posting to the Internet, I'd be demonstrating my peaceful intentions towards them. Live and let live, you know?

Silly me. They don't get it.

Let me tell you a bit of what I privately wrote to Emma a few days ago.

I used to employ Scientologists as receptionists and stupidly didn't get the locks changed when they left. So a couple of weeks ago I came to my shop and found all the lights and heater on and the back door partially unlocked, and with the situation being what it is, I would not have left things that way.

So when I got over being wierded-out, I called the police, and an officer came over and made a trespass report. It would have been a burglary report, but I couldn't see that anything was missing. It was like they just wanted to mess with my mind: "We were heeeeeeeere," you know?

So anyway, I have finally gotten the locks changed, but.... By the way, I am an ex-Class VIII ("permanent" ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha) and was "in" for over 40 years until I finally quit ignoring all the inconsistencies I was seeing. I love this board. Been lurking herre for several months and decided a while back that when I post, I'm going to do it with my real name. I'm already on the "dirty tricks list," so I might as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb. I haven't even done anything except change my mind. And occasionally talk about it. Who do I think I am, huh? TALKING about it!!!

Incidentally, another thing they do is alternately deluge me with business and then snatch it away (maybe to prove to me that I "need" them, and to make me worry about what the consequences would be if they all disconnected). It worked too. Take a win, OSA. Right now, they're in boycott mode.

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out why they don't just declare me and be done with it, instead of playing all these cat-and-mouse games, and I think it goes something like this:

If they declare me, there I'll be. Sitting there. An SP in their midst. Then everybody who's thinking about blowing will know they can find a sympathetic ear half a block away. Kind of like the old Lisa McPherson Trust in Clearwater. And they definitely don't want to set up another situation like that. They may be crazy, but they're not stoopid. :yes:

No. They have to put me out of business first. So that's what they're trying to do with a comparatively small number of "volunteers," instead of making it BPI (Broad Public Issue). I'm in a strategic location.

So there you have it. My first post. Watch out, Alanzo! :happydance:

Haircut, anyone? For obvious reasons, I no longer take walk-ins, but you're welcome to call for an appointment. 323-662-9735. I'd appreciate the business.

Love,
Lynn
Ex-Class VIII "permanent" :dieslaughing:
Shear Perfection Salon
4865 Fountain Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90029
323-662-9735
Umm... declare THEM. Put a notice on your door that says "If you support the Church of Scientology, please don't communicate with me or mine".

Trump 'em. Your business will eventually be of people who aren't controlled by a domineering non-tech-trained tempermental twit.

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Umm... declare THEM. Put a notice on your door that says "If you support the Church of Scientology, please don't communicate with me or mine".

I'm taking a lesson from Mother Theresa here. She said, " I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there."

I'm pro free speech. I'm pro human rights. If CofS or any of its members object to my having a sign in my window about that, that's their problem. I've had some people disconnect from me over it. I've had some KRs written on me about it. Apparently, they don't see those actions as an admission that CofS and free speech are mutually exclusive. In their eyes, I'm doing something "wrong."

I'm finding it all very interesting. :yes:

Lynn

Trump 'em. Your business will eventually be of people who aren't controlled by a domineering non-tech-trained tempermental twit.

Lovely thought, probably illegal. Violation of civil rights, freedom of religion, freedom of association, etc.. One thing for a private individual to do. Something else entirely for a commercial business catering to the general public.

Mark A. Baker

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Disconnection is not the 'choice' by the people being disconnected from. Lynn doesn't need to refuse to serve Scientologists.

Her mere existence is the demonstration of where 'disconnection' comes from.

Zinj

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh well, it wasn't well thought out. I was just pissed at the idea that they would try to control her business through disconnection, and thought turnabout would be fair play.

I don't disconnect, and I really don't mean to recommend it to others.

Lynn Fountain Campbell

I can't help but imagine how much FUN I could have with people like that. Let them report to OSA. What exactly are they going to say anyway? You cut people's hair. There isn't a lot of room for insinuation in that.

Also you could have fun saying things to these people for the purpose of getting it reported to OSA.

Baffle them with bullshit and push their buttons.

Tell them that you've become a Mormon and that you're going to be moving to Utah and having a temple wedding in 6 months to a man named Joe Smith.

Tell them that you've inherited a large sum of money and that you're going to be retiring to a beach in the Philippines. Just imagine how quickly the cult will begin trying to schmooze you if they think you've got money they can steal.

Tell them that the FBI, DHS, and ATF have been coming to ask you questions about the layout of PAC and the HGB.

Tell them that you're been approached by representatives of the Rockefeller family who want to pay you to embed Prozac and LSD in your hair gel.

Tell them that 60 Minutes and/or 20/20 have approached you about participating in an expose on Scientology.

Tell them that the IRS has been asking you for details about payments you've made to the church over the years and whether or not you believe that money is being used for illegal purposes.

OSA may not be stupid, but they ARE crazy, and stuff like that would feed into their delusions.

Eventually they would realize that you're playing them, but boy would they be running around wasting time trying to follow up on it until then.

:roflmao: Now -- since they've read this, I'm sure -- they'll have to wonder whenever I say something whether it's the truth or not. And how are they ever going to know for sure, coming from the mindf**ked mental fog they're permanently in. Not to mention the literal-minded no sense of humor.

Lynn

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Lynn

Thinking a little about the business fluctuation. Maybe if you start a sideline selling stuff online, all your friends can show their support by buying products directly from you (I guess pretty much everyone needs haircare products of some kind)?

I'm in Australia and I'm in.

Regards
RT

Thanks for the suggestion, RT. The Shear Perfection General Store is now open. Come browse. :)

Lynn

AVRIL

Support

Hi Lynn,
I am not an ex-scientologist but after the recent publicity I started researching and have really been touched by the stories of all of you who are brave enough to leave. I would love to help out and purchase some of your hair products but a google of Shear Perfection didn't help me find your site. Could you post a link please.
You are in my thoughts.
-Avril Hart

I tore myself away from the safe comfort of certainties through my love for truth - and truth rewarded me. ~Simone de Beauvoir

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Hi Lynn,
I am not an ex-scientologist but after the recent publicity I started researching and have really been touched by the stories of all of you who are brave enough to leave. I would love to help out and purchase some of your hair products but a google of Shear Perfection didn't help me find your site. Could you post a link please.
You are in my thoughts.
-Avril Hart

I tore myself away from the safe comfort of certainties through my love for truth - and truth rewarded me. ~Simone de Beauvoir

Thanks Avril. It's www.shearperfection.com.

Lynn

AVRIL

My sincere apologies, I need to read more carefully, I just saw it at the bottom of you last post.
-Avril

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Lynn, we get concerned when we don't hear about you everyday. What has your normal day been like since the riots, uh, I mean protests?

How are your customers doing?

There's no such thing as a "normal" day nowadays.

In fact, a most "abnormal" incident occurred yesterday in which a person called to inquire about a $14.00 transaction that appeared on her bank statement which was mistakenly credited to me, when she had had no previous dealings with me. :confused2:

My former credit card processing company (which, incidentally, uses LRH Management Tech) still has access to my financial information.

I'm not saying they have been lax in carrying out their fiduciary responsibility to me, or that I have misplaced my trust in them. Oh no. I'm not saying that at all. :no:

In fact, it would be very "abnormal" for a company that uses LRH Management Tech to display such a lack of integrity, would it not?

Lynn

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
In fact, a most "abnormal" incident occurred yesterday in which a person called to inquire about a $14.00 transaction that appeared on her bank statement which was mistakenly credited to me, when she had had no previous dealings with me. :confused2:

I don't necessarily think this is because of that.

We had that happen for a while. We were getting calls from St. Louis inquiring about charges, even though we are .... several hundred miles away. Apparently it was some medical supply house.

I have no clue whether it was a scam or not. But eventually the calls stopped.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
In fact, it would be very "abnormal" for a company that uses LRH Management Tech to display such a lack of integrity, would it not?

Yes it would, and the local Better Business Bureau having the record of the "accident" in their files with a copy to the company concerned might well help to keep such mistakes to a minimum.

Paul

Pixie

Crusader
Hi Lynn,
You are in my thoughts.
-Avril Hart

Welcome Avril! How kind and brave of YOU to become involved in this thearaputic.. but sometimes crazy site! :thumbsup: Looking forward to more of your opinions.. :happydance: