ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

'I left Scientology and lost my whole family - I didn't even know my mother had died'

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Reports from Newspapers, Blogs, and ' started by Type4_PTS, Mar 30, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Published earlier today in The Telegraph:

I can't see anything beyond what I posted here as I'm not a subscriber. But posting this here to make it known to newbies how CoS treats people. (I've heard many stories similar to this one)

'I left Scientology and lost my whole family - I didn't even know my mother had died'
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/family/life/left-scientology-lost-whole-family-didnt-even-know-mother/

Excerpt:

Not a day goes by that I don’t think about my mother: how I never got to say goodbye, never got to tell her that I loved her despite the choices she had made, and that I kept her close in my heart.

When she was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease, I had no idea. I didn’t even find out she had died, last year, until a week after her cremation. I was not asked to attend because by then, I had long since left the Church of Scientology.

My family are Scientology elite. We joined the church 50 years ago, when I was in my late teens, after a Scientologist saved my mother from suicide and brought us to shelter within its walls. My mother, Betty Wordie, excelled and soon became the first person to...

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  2. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Not the same story, but this also was published earlier today by The Telegraph.

'My great-grandfather founded Scientology - when my family left, we spent years plagued by fear'
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/family/...-founded-scientology-family-left-spent-years/

Excerpt:

Jamie DeWolf’s childhood was plagued by fear. Growing up in northern California, his Baptist family felt “hunted” throughout the Seventies and Eighties, stalked by mysterious cars and watched by shadowy agents.

It was only when DeWolf got older that he realised they were afraid of retribution from the Church of Scientology, the controversial religion founded in 1953 by his own great-grandfather, Lafayette Ronald (L. Ron) Hubbard.

A science fiction novelist who struggled to make money selling books, Hubbard is said to have adopted the motto, “If you want to get rich, start a religion”.

He turned viciously against his own son, DeWolf’s grandfather, when he attempted to leave the church, allegedly...

It looks like we can register for free to read both of the full articles

3. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

The first article is about a member of ESMB, William (Billy) Drummond. He hasn't posted here for 3 or 4 years but here is a video of him explaining his background. His mother was the "world's first OT VI":

JustSheila, Enthetan and Type4_PTS like this.