ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

I once thought that. . .

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by HelluvaHoax!, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

I once thought that Scientology could tell me who I could trust.

I was right. They are the ones labelled ‘SP’.

2. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent Silver Meritorious Patron

Just one, I think.:eyeroll: So, you see, that probably lines up with that 2 1/2% thingy.

3. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

I once thought that I wasn't an SP, but that meant that I must have been an SP, but if I thought I was an SP I must be not be an SP, but if I thought I wasn't an SP that meant that I must have been an SP, but if I thought I was an SP I must be not be an SP, but that meant that I must have been an SP, but if I thought I was an SP I must be not be an SP, but if I thought I wasn't an SP that meant that I must have been an SP, but if I thought I was an SP I must be not be an SP, but that meant that I must have been an SP, but if I thought I was an SP I must be not be an SP, but if I thought I wasn't an SP that meant that I must have been an SP, but if I thought I was an SP I must be not be an SP, but that meant that I must have been an SP, but if I thought I was an SP I must be not be an SP, but if I thought I wasn't an SP that meant that I must have been an SP, but if I thought I was an SP I must be not be an SP, but that meant that I must have been an SP, but if I thought I was an SP I must be not be an SP, but if I thought I wasn't an SP that meant that I must have been an SP, but if I thought I was an SP I must be not be an SP, but that meant that I must have been an SP, but if I thought I was an SP I must be not be an SP, but if I thought I wasn't an SP that meant that I must have been an SP, but if I thought I was an SP I must be not be an SP, but that meant that I must have been an SP, but if I thought I was an SP I must be not be an SP, but if I thought I wasn't an SP that meant that I must have been an SP, but if I thought I was an SP I must be not be an SP, and so on up my own arse.:no:

4. hpm1999

hpm1999 Patron with Honors

I could not think straight after getting out of scos and once thought I would never have a cogent thought again.

5. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

Lol! Yes! I once thought I was smart. Then I worked for a failing cult for five years with long hours, no pay, and harsh punishments, which I endured so they would let me stay in the cult.

6. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

yep, anytime I start to feel smart I remind myself that I spent 13 years in the SO and my Giddy- Up finds itself Giddying-down in a hurry.

7. hpm1999

I hope this is not a thread hijack ( which is a mortal sin here) but you perfectly illustrated the type of thinking a member has and why it iis so damned had for a scio to see that their forking nose is on fire

8. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

Oh my gosh, I was the Purple Power Ranger! Sorry Japan!! :duck:

9. hpm1999

I would never again dare to read a thread started by Helluva because
    a)his compelling threads cause me to waste so much time whilst at work that I endanger my employment
    or
    b)I end up reading this at home ( like I am doing now) and stay up way past my bed time causing me to be so wasted at work the next day I endanger my employment!

10. Wants2Talk

Wants2Talk Silver Meritorious Patron

Fryin' those other fish?

11. A.K. Myers

A.K. Myers Patron with Honors

I once thought that since I was an auditor I was one of
    the most valuable beings on the planet.

I once thought that doing the Saint Hill Special Briefing Course
    was the equivalent of getting a Masters Degree.

You want fries with that?

:coolwink:

12. kate8024

kate8024 -deleted-

This seems to be a much too common sentiment :nervous:

13. Rmack

Rmack Van Allen Belt Sunbather

I once thought that the cult could clear people's minds so they could become a super-being.

Turns out the only thing it can clear you of is your bank account, and make you a stupor-being.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  14. Dean Blair

Dean Blair Silver Meritorious Patron

I once thought that joining the Sea Org with my wife would help us raise our children to be the best they could be!

I once thought that becoming an auditor would make me one of the most valuable people on the planet!

I once thought that the scientists on Earth had the wrong date for the extinction of the dinosaurs and that the real date was 75 million years ago caused by Incident 2 from OT lll not 65 million years ago. I thought that once they realized this then Scientology would surely expand and spread like wild fire!

I once thought that toothaches were caused by failing to run out the clam incident on the whole track!

I once thought that my father in law, my Dad, an ex girlfriend Sherry, and anyone else who didn't believe in Scientology was crazy and they really needed to study the subject and get on the band wagon!

15. In present time

In present time Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes, I thought that $150,000 I spent was going to assure my future, and the future of many others. (by todays standard I was a cheapskate, now THAT I never thought;):duh:

16. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

I once thought that Scientology could make people so OT, they’d become MEST-independent.

Now I know it just makes them messed-up.

17. Dean Blair

I once thought that my need for glasses could be handled with Dianetics. When that didn't handle it I thought that maybe the hard TRs would resolve it. When that didn't work I had read where getting off ones overts will improve ones perception and so I spent years and years getting off OWs in sec checks, the FPRD, and OW write ups but that didn't work either. After I left Scientology I found there was a procedure done by doctors that could correct nearsightedness and now I can see clearly without glasses.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  18. Dean Blair

I once thought that because I was born in June of 1950, that I had a cosmic relationship with L Ron Hubbard and Dianetics. Why else would I have been born a month after the release of DMSMH?:duh:

19. still here

still here Patron with Honors

I once thought that I was young, (21) inexperienced and knew nothing, and wanted to help and make a difference. So, I joined the Sea Org.

I then discovered over the next few years, that I knew much more about common sense, family,and decency than most of the people there. (who were supposed to be all powerful, and all knowing)

They were not, they were incompetent more often than I have ever found in an outside organisation, certainly less compassionate or caring in many cases, the children were neglected and lonely, and many of my colleagues were a mess. (but usually unaware of it).

So I got out. It was too painful to see.

Still.

20. Operating DB

Operating DB Truman Show Dropout

I once thought that that ashtray would comply with my command.