ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

If you could talk to a Scientologist today...

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Emma, Jan 26, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Alan

Alan Gold Meritorious Patron

:lol: PAB!

2. lionheart

lionheart Gold Meritorious Patron

:dieslaughing:

A Scn-run world would be even worse than Orwell's 1984!

3. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Scientology is the only Road to Total Freedom...

Where you give up more and more freedom the farther you travel on it!

4. Tanstaafl

Tanstaafl Crusader

Reminds me of the South African actor Joss Ackland who said his home was raided (back in the bad old days of apartheid) and one of the books confiscated was Black Beauty! :duh:

Sadly, one sees this A=A, super-literal, moronic behaviour in CoS.

5. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Lovesnightsky - I have to tell you a story.

When I lived in LA, I was the "Inspector" for a polling place during the presidential elections of 2000.

My duty was to see to it that the polling place was run efficiently, to debug address and voting issues, and to make sure all the ballots were organized correctly and got to the counting stations at the end of the 15 hour day.

Our polling station was in the SF Valley, inside a woman's garage in a nice entertainment industry-studded neighborhood.

At 7am, it was my duty to stand outside this woman's garage and announce "THE POLLS ARE OPEN!". And then at 7pm that night, it was my duty to stand outside again and announce "THE POLLS ARE CLOSED!" and to make sure that no one voted after the polling station was closed.

We had a long day. It was a very hotly contested election, and there were many issues to sort out to make sure that everyone got to vote.

As it got to the end of the day, around 6:56pm, the lines had started to dwindle and we rushed everyone through so that they could vote. Most every voting booth had someone in it voting, and no one else was in the line.

I looked at my watch, it was 6:59pm.

A car pulled up on the street and parked. I thought, "Oh no. I'm going to have to tell these people they can't vote." They got out of their car. It was a man and his wife and two pre-teen children. They came walking toward us.

I looked at my watch. It was 7pm.

I had to make my announcement.

"THE POLLS ARE CLOSED" I said, as the family approached. They were looking all around, wide-eyed with smiles on their faces.

"I'm sorry", I said. "I can't let you vote as we are closed now."

The wife looked at me and said, "Oh That's all right. We lived in South America where we were not allowed to vote. We just brought our children here so they could see what it was like."

I almost cried.

We all showed them all around and explained the process to them. I let the kids take home sample ballots so they would have no problem voting when they came of age.

Sometimes, growing up in the US or England, you can forget about things like that.

After that day, I don't think I ever will.

6. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

Reminds me of a Scientology Policy Directive a number of years ago banning Scientologists from reading the books "The Gods of Eden" and "Behold a Pale Horse".

I was BS that they had the gall to try tell me what I could or couldn't read.

7. Tanstaafl

Tanstaafl Crusader

I haven't read "Gods" but wouldn't you have to also ban all the Eric Von Daniken, Zecharia Sitchin type books? Or was there something specifically restimulative (supposedly) in it a la 2001: A Space Odyssey.

"Behold.." - isn't that a bunch of dry "facts" about the NWO?

If it hadn't been for the dire warnings of reading upper bidge material I'd probably have never read L. Kin's Pied Pipers of Heaven, while I was in.

8. Alan

Alan Gold Meritorious Patron

Damn! I did cry reading that Alanzo! :bigcry:

9. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

The Gods of Eden was apparently written by someone that had once been involved with Scientology. I believe that was the problem they had with that - written by an Ex. Everyone at Flag was read it at the time (1993) - it was the "thing to read". Behold a Pale Horse, was more about UFO and government coverup of that whole thing as I recall. I have the book somewhere around here. I do remember the reason I read it was because it was reccomended to me by a SO member - apparently it was a very popular title in the SO. I think it was banned because the author had bad things to say about Scientology (not in the book though).

The latest hot title on the SO member's reading list is Jim Marrs "Rule by Secrecy" - definately a NWO book.

10. Lovesnightsky

Lovesnightsky Silver Meritorious Patron

me too.

11. Snuffy

Snuffy Patron Meritorious

Green and Black's.:happydance:

12. Snuffy

Snuffy Patron Meritorious

Sorry. That comment was actually in response to Lovenightsky's signature, which most deeply states this great truth:

I'm trying to think of something really profound to put here, but all I can think of is chocolate.

And Green and Black's being one of Earth's great chocolate adventures, well ...

13. Lovesnightsky

LOL... and I thought I had an MU.

Bloodyhell, where did that extra star come from on my posts???? Does that mean I've been a good girl?

14. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

They look like the exact right size to fit on your avatar's....

Paul

15. Lovesnightsky

You sooooooo have the hots for me Paul :bighug:

16. Tanstaafl

Tanstaafl Crusader

Oh Paul! :melodramatic:
    And I thought you were so dignified............. :eyeroll:

17. Lovesnightsky

he used to be.... then I came along
    muahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa