ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

I'm an Ex Scn and Atheist - How many atheists are here at the board?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by SuperPowers, Aug 13, 2016.

View Users: View Users
  1. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

I question the no proof argument - I think that there is some if you want to spend the time looking, but it gets lost in the shuffle or dismissed as utter BS. I posted one not too long ago about a kid who recalled he was a ww2 pilot. Pictures and everything of his past life.

Mimsey

2. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket Gold Meritorious Patron

That's why.

That would be ideal. I have this theory that the super-rich do believe in reincarnation, and do reap the benefits of "continuing their game". But they want the great unwashed (that's you and me) to not believe in reincarnation, so it's easier for them to use us in their selfish power games.

I don't think you have a choice.

That's the way I felt about my XBF, whom I've written about many times on this board (but not recently, to spare you all from having to hear about it all over again). I knew him 2 and 5 lifetimes ago, and try as I might, I'll never forget him.

In a word, God, or at least His deputies. Which sorta brings this thread back to where it started. Ref: "Between Lives Implants" (LRH). I can give you another reference if you want it.

A great man. Or whatever.

Helena

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  3. George Layton

George Layton Silver Meritorious Patron

You were smart enough to avoid the Implant Center in your last in-between life times, but how did you get smart enough to avoid the Implant Center, in your last life time, before there was scientology to teach you how to be smart enough to avoid the Implant Center?

4. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket Gold Meritorious Patron

Last time I died (was murdered) I was so disgusted with everything and everybody that I didn't trust anyone. I decided I didn't want to go; I'm not sure if it was on the basis of it's not the good thing it's said to be, or I just was being a refusenik in general.

Now I know; that's someplace NOT to go to.

FWIW I'm going to be AFK until the weekend.

Helena

5. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

I hate to think of what a lurker passing through thought when they saw 'Last time I died (was murdered)' in the sidebar. Something like 'well, they left a weird cult but they're still nuts.' I should imagine.

6. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Luckily we don't have nutty posts allowed in the general Scientology section.

Oh, wait . . .

Maybe we could have a rule that nothing especially nutty is allowed in the first 100 characters, then it wouldn't show up in the sidebar. :)

Paul

7. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

8. DoneDeal

DoneDeal Patron Meritorious

If what one say's scares someone away from scn than one has done a good thing.

If what one say's causes someone to try out scn, I submit that said someone has important lessons to learn for themselves. scn is about creating awareness.

9. strativarius

Maybe I'm being a little harsh. A lot of ex's got into scientology as part of their quest for some kind of 'spiritual enlightenment' and, unlike yours truly who has possibly thrown the baby out with the bathwater, some might be continuing that quest, only in a different direction. Perhaps I aught to cut them more slack than I generally do.

10. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

In auditing Dianetic PCs, you will run across several who have that same memory of a Pilot crashing into the Sea.

Did you ever read Edgar Casey? His Clairvoyant ability was a major thing that convinced me of past lives. I think the first Casey book that I read was titled "Many Mansions", and it helped glue me to the theory of Past Lives.

11. strativarius

Without looking it up (honestly) I think you'll find his name was Edgar Cayce or something like that. I read his book too. It's bollocks from start to finish IMO.

Madame Blavatsky was another one given huge credence in her time but later (as was inevitable really) found out as a fraud.

If you really want to learn about the spirit world, 'Busy Bodies' by Ed Martin (Olympia Press) is highly recommended reading.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  12. Mimsey Borogrove

Yes - there was the Bridy Murphy case of his that was debunked. But that doesn't mean they are all BS.

Check this out:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ted-Our-son-World-War-II-pilot-come-life.html

More:

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=132381&page=1

13. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

. . .
    Yes, pretty compelling book. I've read it.

Click book to see on Amazon.

51tJAt96v+L._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

14. lotus

lotus stubborn rebel sheep!

Hey Funny!

I've too read all Cayce's books
    and that was in fact what convinced me of past lives.

This too was the book I've read and which then led me to read DMSMH

[​IMG]

Just when I joined Dianetics, I was about to join the rosicrucians AMORC
    but I choose Dianetics and $cientology (both scams of pseudo spiritual degrees and highness )

Wahouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    What a good intuition I have lol

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Now...I don't believe in either.
    I dont believe in anything like that anymore .

Although I retain faith in knowing there is always ray of light in the darkness and I follow it..alone.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  15. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

I think it is spelled "Cayce".
    I have to disagree with your opinion of him.

16. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

It's interesting that Cayce hypnotized himself in order to access his Abilities. I thought that LRH did precisely the same thing with writing .

17. oneonewasaracecar

oneonewasaracecar Gold Meritorious Patron

I happen to know you have personally murdered me 6 times and i only deserved it 2 or 3 of those times.

Not one apology, either.

I'm restimulated as hell even posting this.

18. Mimsey Borogrove

I guess I missed when I had my colt 1851 Navy a pointed at yew an ma horse done bucked. Musta been Ol' Strat what done plugged yew 'twen the eyes. Dang varmint. Him got the bounty an I got nothin'
    Mimsey

19. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

But when you were 2 years old you had bad dreams and reported this to your Mom&Dad.
    You said that his name was Frank.
    You pointed to a picture of Frank Black that you saw in a museum.
    Later, researchers found out that Frank Black never owned a gun and was a major anti-gun advocate!
    BUT that person named Frank Black did exist 85 years ago.
    :coolwink:

20. oneonewasaracecar

oneonewasaracecar Gold Meritorious Patron

Why haell, that was one darn incident.