ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Independent Scientology discovers the Nation of Islam

Discussion in 'Nation of Islam and Related Groups' started by CommunicatorIC, Mar 7, 2013.

1. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

Independent Scientology discovers the Nation of Islam. This could be interesting.

Comment from Marty's blog.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/03/06/the-great-ideal-orgs-scam-update/#comment-257676

2. cakemaker

cakemaker Patron Meritorious

She's being sarcastic.:eyeroll:

3. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

I wonder . . . does the NOI buy all of its books and materials from the C of S?

I am quite sure that when the C of S was in discussions with the NOI about using RTC-controlled "LRH tech", that lawyers went over it from both sides with a fine-tooth comb. There are most likely "confidential agreements". Does anyone really think that the C of S isn't getting paid in some way - such as a percentage of every course paid for and delivered?

It is extremely unlikely that the C of S just let the NOI "have" all the Scientology materials to do with as they please. Even if DM worked out a deal for them to take and use Study Tech and Dianetics, and forget about everything else, there MUST have been "licensing contracts" and "terms of use" agreements. The Church of Scientology is notorious for attempting to control every aspect of everything. I doubt that their involvement with the NOI is any different.

Maybe DM has the view that, "sure, some will stay in the NOI and use only Dianetics, but some WILL want more, and we will be there to give it to them". It is also a source of income for the C of S.

It would be interesting to see what might happen if Freezone Scientologists, who are also declared as SPs by the C of S, walked into the NOI to do services. I don't think it is that easy though. I would expect that it is a minimum requirement that you BE a member of the NOI. Would the NOI allow a bunch of white people to walk in, NOT be members of the NOI, have no agreement with any of the ideas, just to do Scientology-based services?

It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out.

4. Mojo

Mojo Silver Meritorious Patron

When the dust settles from the eventual war between these two, um, religious groups, and Louis Farrakhan Muhammad, Sr is publically announced as the official new COB of Scientology (to wild cheers from, um, well, inner cities everywhere) and David Miscaviage's picture and name are instantly and completely erased from the Scientology website, not just a few 'clears' and ot's are gonna be in need of the introspection rundown (as a pre-psychotic-break type action). Unfortunately for them the introspection-rundown will likely expedite their psychotic break.

Think I'm kidding? When Louis finds out Davey has a billion dollars stashed, and Davey's body guards are, well, we saw the likes of them in the Marty Squirrel Buster show, Louis just might pull little Davey aside and explain a few facts about NOI and life. In terms of structure and money and power, and stuff like that. Of course Louis will give little Davey a pen to do all the legal nicities on the deal, like signing it, in lieu of say, other options. Which 'other options' might still happen, 'after' the paperwork is all tidied up.

I tell you invest in popcorn. Sales are already going through the roof (and Louis hasn't even had his private chat with Davey yet).

Mojo

5. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Huh? What FZer is likely to be interested in getting services from people with such minimal training and obvious "other ideas"?

Paul

6. Mojo

Mojo Silver Meritorious Patron

Never underestimate the Power of Fear of losing ones Eternity. Lol.

I guarantee you if L. Ron Hubbard had said they ONLY WAY up the bridge was by flying to Ethiopia and hiking 25 miles through a desolate desert to meet an old man in a yellow canvass tent that had 3 chickens in a chicken coup, THOUSANDS of dutiful scientologists would already have their flight booked, their hiking boots purchased and would have a hand held counter in their backpack to make sure the chicken count added up to what Ron said it would.

Losing an eternity that scientology gives to a person, is no small matter.

Mojo

7. Veda

Veda Sponsor

8. Veda

Veda Sponsor

I think that - by itself - learning rudimentary auditing skills may be helpful.

For some people, just learning to "listen" is a big step.

Recognizing the idea of being in the "valence" of one's former slave master or, probably more commonly, the boozing, woman-abusing, gambling lower-class white overseers who worked for the slave owners, and were the bosses who daily interacted with the plantation slaves will be a good thing.

Later, after slavery was abolished, some of these same people - or their descendants - became southern sheriff types, and I noticed years ago that lower class blacks, from the inner city, often spoke and acted in a manner much like an uneducated lower class white southern sheriff or other lower class white "boss"-types.

Breaking that cycle for "inner city" people is not a bad idea.

From what I can see, they are being taught the 'Hubbard Certified Dianetic Auditors' course. 1950 Dianetics.

Even a 'Book One' training course is still going to be influenced by the rest of Scientology, and I don't know what sort of curriculum has been developed especially for the NOI, but it seems to include one lifetime 1950 Dianetics, Management Tech, and probably SP/PTS Tech.

I feel sorry for those caught in the middle of this. On one side they have Louis Farrakhan and on the other L. Ron Hubbard. In the middle are some people who genuinely want to change for the better, and some small amount of useful information, and then comes, eventually, if not the rest of Scientology, since it seems to be somewhat filtered by the NOI, enough of Scientology, probably, to nullify any positives that result.

But who knows?

Strange as this is, I'd rather wait and see, and hope for the best.

I do not think that the NOI, with mostly only 'Book One' auditors, will be of much use to Independent Scientologists, especially those who do not wish to convert to the NOI.

9. Gib

Gib Crusader

Has anybody told the NOI peeps they can buy the books and lectures for pennies on the dollar on ebay?

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

And the peeps at NOI can probably buy the books from the local libraries that off load the donations of books from the "Library Project" donated at FULL RETAIL PRICE PAID by active member scientologists?

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Hey, when you are in network marketing scheme, where's my discount?

10. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

The above is not quite correct. One FZer has seen some issues of what
    appears to be a NOI newspaper, and forwarded it.

The details are AMAZING!!! NOI has become the largest and most
    successful independant/FZ group in the US and looks to be expanding even faster that Rons Org. Over 1000 auditors!!! Thats almost certainly more than COS.

Its quite likely CO$ is at some stage going to piss off NOI. From what
    I've read they don't take such things lying down. So when they want some people to upgrade skills they may end up coming to the FZ.

11. Minister Farrakhan has lost his ever-loving selling sweet potato pies on the street corner MIND!!! :omg: :no:

Boy, he is either being bamboozled big time, or is running his own "game" on COB and the RTC executives...like renting out NOI bodyguards to the big Orgs for events? :confused2:

12. secretiveoldfag

secretiveoldfag Silver Meritorious Patron

I read that Louie paid DM $2.3 million for his franchise (maybe). One cookie religion tries to exploit another

This is not really news. The NoI v CoS flirtation goes back several years.

Here is some more. More at the link.

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/scientology-invasion-of-the-black-community.108412/page-2

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  13. CommunicatorIC

The Nation of Islam Timeline and Fact Sheet was also posted on ESMB at the following link:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...t=Nation+Islam+Timeline+Fact+Sheet#post777634

Dulloldfart was kind enough to tidy up the the formatting:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...t=Nation+Islam+Timeline+Fact+Sheet#post778593

The original source is the Facebook Group Scientology Invasion of the Black Community:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/339486949466120/421783767903104/?notif_t=group_activity

14. BunnySkull

BunnySkull Silver Meritorious Patron

No, its the Oracle, she's a moonbat and quite sincere. She really believes the crazy bullshit she writes, even though most sane people might think its parody. She left here only after "casting spells" on Emma - no shit.

15. CommunicatorIC

And now the Facebook Group Scientology Invasion of the Black Community notes Independent Scientology's discovery of the Nation of Islam.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ScientologyInvasion.of.the.BlackCommunity/permalink/430004547081026/