ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Intentionally Disqualified Yourself?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by ChaoticPsychotic, Feb 7, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. ChaoticPsychotic

ChaoticPsychotic Patron with Honors

Out of curiosity, who out there amongst all of you "Exies" has deliberately done something to disqualify yourself from the Sea Org, Staff or as a PC?

For example:

I have taken LSD one time. (No more Sea Org for me!) Some recruiters were after me when I had been out for only 6 months - they had me in a "recruitment cycle" while I was high on weed and coke! That was funny...:coolwink:

I have been to a Psychologist for therapy.
    I have taken "Psych" drugs for an anxiety disorder (no doubt brought about by my involvement in the cult).

So, 'fess up! Have you done anything like this or am I just nutty? :whistling:

2. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

Well I started a message board! :giggle:

I think that probably disqualifies me.

3. Fancy

Fancy Patron Meritorious

I spoke about the altered tech far and wide and I am with IFA. I don't do a lot but do a painting once in a while for the newsletter and they can use my art at will.

I told off the MAA at ASHO at first and I told one of the letter reg's at ASHO about the altered tech. She disconnected from me.

I am now SP and have been watching Anon. I guess that is enough to get me gone.

What is funny is they could have avoided me doing all of the above but maybe not I might have found it anyhow. I always have to look to see what is going on. Been like that since a kid.

Barb

4. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

I took LSD more than a hundred times, just to make sure :)

Zinj

5. Little Bear Victor

Little Bear Victor Silver Meritorious Patron

No, not while I was there.

Afterwards, a whole different story.

I think I've done a pretty thorough job to ensure no one wants me back (at least not alive).

6. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

As far as I know DM did me the great service of getting me off the mailing list. Something only a great being and leader could do.

Been promoting " Tech outside COS" for 8 years. For at least half that time I was on St. Hills call in lists. Even told a few I did scn in the FZ. Still got the mail and call in.

Then in, I believe 2004, DM came to do a major event in St. Hill.

My theory is he looked at all confirms for event to see who might take a shot at him. Had some sweet young girl call me up to say I couldn't come to the event. Cos I was a freezoner.

No more mail. No more call in.

No goldenrod. I was iether dead filed, or what I think is common now goldenrod is not widely distributed.

7. johnAnchovie

johnAnchovie Still raging

Definitely not qualled

I found myself, regained my self esteem and realized that I was in a beautiful world surrounded by a lot of very wonderful people. Thus I am totally not qualled for the SO, never ever again:thumbsup:

8. Kathy (ImOut)

Kathy (ImOut) Gold Meritorious Patron

You can't be the only nutty one here. Before leaving (and one of the many reasons for leaving) I pulled a stunt. I'd just finished a clean up of Grade 4. Finally found that damn suicide issue. Well, ran that just fine. And actually felt handled on it. Well, a day or so goes by and I'm sent to ethics. I'm ordered to write up everything that went on in session, all my cogs on suicide and how I will never attempt it again. When in fact I'd only threatened it on numerous occasions and had made a half ass attempt at it when I was about 16. Well, about a week or so later the sh*t really hit the fan. I hadn't been well for about a year. Nothing was working to get me better. They wouldn't take me in session. I hadn't been sleeping. I was going nuts! So, I got serious and really "tried" to kill myself. Fortunately, I don't like the sight of blood so it didn't require stitches. But I really think, the ethics cycle invalidated the win I'd had in session and by writing everything up, brought it all back up as an unhandled issue. It pretty much caved me in.

My husband informed my D of P of what had happened. She promised to call me. I never heard from her. I did get an email saying I should speak to the doctor I was seeing at the time. Maybe some of the herbs I was on caused all of this. :omg:

9. riptide

riptide Patron with Honors

On a similar note, I realized a few months ago I could not (by definition) be a scientologist as it required tacit consent to be duped and give up critical thinking skills. And, that I was PTS type A -by their definition- because I was critical of management, although not so of the technology. Reminds me of something RVY wrote once, "if you are really a Scientologist, in the final analysis you have no choice but to leave Scientology once you find out what's really going on" something like that.

10. riptide

riptide Patron with Honors

question for the ex-staffers

Have you ever heard of any public getting disqualified because of a suicide statement and as a result get any money back still on account that was unused?

11. Snuffy

Snuffy Patron Meritorious

We'd rather have you dead than incapable!!

12. Kathy (ImOut)

Kathy (ImOut) Gold Meritorious Patron

Read my post it's a few above yours. I got my money back. But not because of the attempt. Because I demanded it.

13. Colleen K. Peltomaa

Colleen K. Peltomaa Silver Meritorious Patron

Me.

14. Fancy

Fancy Patron Meritorious

Then I am a great being as I gotten no mail since about 2001.

Boy I do know how to tick people off but this time I am truly glad I did.

Barb

15. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Before Scn..

I didn't intentionally disqualify myself...but before I ever got into Scn, I had done lots of LSD, so everytime a SO tried to recruit me, I just happily said: Sorry, LSD!:)

Then they'd always say: Are you sure it was the real thing?

LOL.

I did quite a bit when younger, so I'm quite certain at least ONE of those times (if not every time) it WAS real, lol.

Thank GOD for that, too. Else I woulda been a Zombie probably STILL there?!

Leaving Staff was hard enough!

Wisened One

16. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

I heard about one of Renee Duzcaks daughters taking LSD to get/stay out of the SO. And maybe Gillain Hollander too.

Maybe Lulu Belle knows more...

17. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

I don't.

But I bet it was her youngest daughter Noelle.

She was always a rebel and in trouble a lot growing up.

18. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

sort of ditto!

But I think my "bridges" were burned long before that... lol

19. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

I remember when the LRH Art Bureau was in PAC and they had three non-staff public working there on salary.

The Art Bureau was then moved to Int when PDO/CMU was transferred uplines.

These non-staff artists were "invited" to join the SO. They all declined on the basis that "they had taken LSD".

DM "allowed" them to join anyway, waiving the LSD out qual.

It was kind of funny watching them having to react to that. They all three refused.

Anyone who has been pushed to do any SO recruitment (who of us who has been in the SO hasn't been pushed into doing recruitment) knows that the standard pat answer from any public when you ask them to join is the "qual" issue; usually LSD. They pretty much all hide behind that one.

Many times I fantasized about telling one of these bullshitters that a special exception had been made in their case and they could join anyway.

So that they would have to be honest and tell me the real reason why they did not want to be "part of the most ethical group on the planet". :p

20. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

You know, Bea, now that I think about it, I vaguely do remember something like this regarding Renee's daughter Noelle.

I remember Renee trying to figure out how to get the money to send Noelle to the Mace Kingsley (kid RPF) ranch. I think that was why.