What's new

International & language availability of Leah Remini Scientology memoir Troublemaker

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
International and language availability of Leah Remini's Scientology memoir Troublemaker.

Leah Remini's Scientology memoir Troublemaker now available for pre-order at the Amazon Germany website (Amazon.de) in the German language. Delivery on 20 September 2016.

https://www.amazon.de/Troublemaker-Wie-Hollywood-Scientology-überlebte/dp/3868826939/

KayhGQu.png

HT: So überlebte Leah Remini Scientology

http://www.news.at/a/leah-remini-troublemaker-scientology-7556426

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

Re: Leah Remini's Scientology memoir Troublemaker now in German language and in Germa

The German Edition of Leah Remini's Scientology memoir Troublemaker is also available NOW on Amazon France:

https://www.amazon.fr/Troublemaker-Wie-Hollywood-Scientology-überlebte-ebook/dp/B01G417EGG/

The English Edition is available for pre-order on Amazon France and will be delivered on 20 September 2016:

https://www.amazon.fr/Troublemaker-Surviving-Scientology-Leah-Remini/dp/1101886986/

There is no French Edition of Troublemaker on Amazon France yet.

CommunicatorIC

Re: International & language availability of Leah Remini Scientology memoir Troublema

Stern magazine has an article in German about the release in German of Leah Remini's Scientology memoir Troublemaker.

http://www.stern.de/lifestyle/leute...maker-ihre-jahre-bei-scientology-7066048.html

Google translation:

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Leah Remini book on Scientology

"I was punished for things that seemed normal and harmless"

US actress Leah Remini left after 30 years of membership, the Scientology sect. In her book "Troublemaker", which now appears in German, she describes the years of oppression and paternalism.

By Andreas Renner, Los Angeles

[SNIP]

Leah Remini is still monitored by Scientology

The consequences of her decision were Remini clear: "I know the methods and knew how dropouts are treated who stand publicly against the church." You did it anyway. The consequence: Even former closest friends turned away from Remini - it wants Scientology in its statutes. Even a godson and their Scientology parents want nothing more to do with her today.

Scientology calls Reminin as "poor person, the attention seeking" and fellow actress Kirstie Alley, since 1979 hardcore Scientology member, they insulted in an interview as "intolerant" and sees it as "just one enemy." Even today Remini is monitored by Scientology employees who are in darkened cars in front of their door. "The usual attempt at intimidation," says Remini that despite all painful experiences for a second regretted having Scientology turned his back and make their criticisms publicly.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

CommunicatorIC

Re: International & language availability of Leah Remini Scientology memoir Troublema

Interview - Leah Remini: So I escaped Scientology

Google translation follows.

Kieler Nachrichten: Exclusive Interview - Leah Remini: So I escaped Scientology

http://www.kn-online.de/News/Aus-de...er-Welt/Leah-Remini-So-entkam-ich-Scientology

https://translate.google.com/transl...h-Remini-So-entkam-ich-Scientology&edit-text=

Leah Remini was a member of Scientology for 30 years. Now she has changed sides and combats the sect. In the exclusive interview, the 46-year-old talks about the power of the church, about anxiety - and why she did not leave Scientology earlier.

Los Angeles. Leah Remini was 30 years of Scientology. She believed in the teachings of sect founder L. Ron Hubbard. Above all, she lived afterwards: she gave millions of dollars to reach the "level of knowledge", the ultimate goal of the Scientologists. It underwent countless hours of learning, the so-called auditions, in which the sect penetrated into the depths of their thoughts, directed them, indoctrinated them.

Today, Leah Remini is not just a celebrated Hollywood star. It is, above all, the most prominent face in the struggle against the sect, which is observed in Germany by the protection of the constitution because of its rejection of the democratic basic order. The mother and wife dares to flee, has decided to get rid of the Church - this status Scientology in America actually - and to talk about the nebulous machinations. The editors Network Germany has given the only Germany-interview and thus provides insights into the life through their writing in the book "Leah Remini Troublemaker has taken a decisive turn".

Mrs. Remini, you were a self-confident girl from modest circumstances. They were fascinated by Scientology. There were so many rules. How does that fit together?

I came to Scientology as a young girl through my mother and stepfather. My mother, a woman with two children, without a job, without a job and without a school leaving certificate, got to know this wonderful man who was already a Scientologist. She began to work in the church and was immediately accepted by a group that made her feel part of something big. My mother was a child of the seventies - her parents died when she was a young girl, she married and when she was 18 she got my sister. Two years later I followed. It exercised a great attraction to be part of a large, chic church. My mother felt like that. As a small child one does not question how the parents raise one. I've just accepted it for a long time.

They had very early doubts about the system. Why was it so hard to leave Scientology?

If I had to limit it to one aspect, the answer would be: my family and the danger of losing it. When the church threatened to separate me from my stepfather and later from my mother, it was then for me. Where should this end? In the end, it was not the ruined illusions, the lies or the money I spent that have moved me to walk. It was the bond to my family. Luckily they have stood by me, and they do so to this day.

CommunicatorIC

Review of the German edition of Leah Remini's Scientology memoir Troublemaker by Swanhild Zacharias in Pro Magazine.

Short Google translated excerpt follows.

http://www.pro-medienmagazin.de/kul...-das-passiert-wirklich-bei-scientology-98010/

https://translate.googleusercontent...98010/&usg=ALkJrhhho16RKR0h98uO9ZiJ6U35EFuvaQ

* * * * * BEGIN CONCLUSION * * * * *

At the end of the book, one understands why people do all this with them: because they are "indoctrinated" and subjected to regular brainwashing in the sad hope of finding fulfillment and making a good contribution to the world. They are no longer capable of thinking freely.

Thank you, Leah Remini, for this book and the courage to talk so openly! It will hopefully clarify many people about what Scientology really stands for and makes sure that this sect - at least something - is stopped. (per)

* * * * * END CONCLUSON * * * * *

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron

When looking for Troublemaker on my Kindle, I found the German translated edition but not the original version (which I wanted). Does anybody know what's up with that?

I switched my book source to www.amazon.com.

Helena

CommunicatorIC

When looking for Troublemaker on my Kindle, I found the German translated edition but not the original version (which I wanted). Does anybody know what's up with that?

I switched my book source to www.amazon.com.

Helena
If you are in Germany or a German speaking nation, it may be that it is redirecting you to www.amazon.de even if you select www.amazon.com.

I can think of two possible solutions.

First, I think I found the English version on the www.amazon.de website. The "Produktinformation" says "Sprache: Englisch":

https://www.amazon.de/Troublemaker-Surviving-Scientology-Leah-Remini/dp/1101886986/

Secondly, if that doesn't work, you might want to try going to www.amazon.com in the browser on your computer, rather than ordering through your Kindle. That might not redirect.

Let us know if either of these, or anything else, works.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron

If you are in Germany or a German speaking nation, it may be that it is redirecting you to www.amazon.de even if you select www.amazon.com.

I can think of two possible solutions.

First, I think I found the English version on the www.amazon.de website. The "Produktinformation" says "Sprache: Englisch":

https://www.amazon.de/Troublemaker-Surviving-Scientology-Leah-Remini/dp/1101886986/

Secondly, if that doesn't work, you might want to try going to www.amazon.com in the browser on your computer, rather than ordering through your Kindle. That might not redirect.

Let us know if either of these, or anything else, works.
Tried the link; I see where it says Sprache: Englisch. But I wanted the e-version, not the hard copy, and I want it on my Kindle, not my PC. Wouldn't I have to order it through my Kindle to be able to read it there?

I have reconfigured my Kindle to go to www . amazon . com, and all my other selections show up in [strike]Englisch[/strike] English.

Helena

CommunicatorIC

Tried the link; I see where it says Sprache: Englisch. But I wanted the e-version, not the hard copy, and I want it on my Kindle, not my PC. Wouldn't I have to order it through my Kindle to be able to read it there?
If you ordered a Kindle English version on your computer, you would be able to read it on your Kindle. Unfortunately, I do not see an Kindle English version on amazon.de.
I have reconfigured my Kindle to go to www . amazon . com, and all my other selections show up in [strike]Englisch[/strike] English.

Helena
Do you have a desktop or laptop computer? Or access to same? Have you tried to go www.amazon.com on your computer, not you Kindle?

CommunicatorIC

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

Leah Remini's Scientology memoir Toublemaker available for pre-order in the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

http://www.silvertailbooks.com/portfolio-post/troublemaker/

Troublemaker

Troublemaker_FRONT.jpg

By Leah Remini

#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • An eye-opening, no-holds-barred memoir about life in the Church of Scientology, now with a new afterword by the author—the outspoken actress and star of the A&E docuseries Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath

‘The most raw and revealing Scientology memoir to date.’ Entertainment Weekly

Leah Remini has never been the type to hold her tongue. That was nev¬er more evident than in 2013, when Remini loudly and publicly broke with the Church of Scientology. Now, in this frank, funny, poignant memoir, the former King of Queens star reveals the in-depth details of her painful split with the church and its controversial practices. Indoctrinated into Scientolo¬gy as a child while living with her mother and sister in New York, Remini eventually moved to Los Angeles, where her dreams of becoming an ac¬tress and advancing Scientology’s causes grew increasingly intertwined. As an adult, she found the success she’d worked so hard for, and with it a prominent place in the hierarchy of celebrity Scientologists, such as Tom Cruise. But when she began to raise questions about some of the church’s actions, she was declared to be a threat and therefore a “Suppressive Per¬son.” As a result, all of her fellow parishioners—including members of her own family—were told to disconnect from her. Forever. Bold, brash, and bravely confessional, Troublemaker reveals the hard-won truths of a life lived honestly—from an author unafraid of the consequences.

‘Leah’s story is a juicy, inside-Hollywood read, but it’s more than that. It’s a moving story about the value of questioning authority and how one woman survived a profound crisis of faith.’ People

‘Remini [offers] up some juicy tidbits from her decades in the church.’ Newsweek

Troublemaker will be published by Silvertail Books on 9 March 2017 in the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. To pre-order, choose one of the links below. Please note: orders for a paperback from mainland Europe may take several weeks to arrive.

To buy from Silvertail:

UK, Australia and Canada Paperback Edition £10.99

Paperback Edition for any other territory except the US £12.99

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

The Bookseller has an article about the Silvertail Books UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand edition of Leah Remini's Scientology Memoir Troublemaker.

The Bookseller: 'Bold' Scientology memoir to Silvertail

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/bold-scientology-memoir-silvertail-499856

Silvertail Books is to publish Troublemaker, Leah Remini’s memoir about her time in the Church of Scientology.

Publisher Humfrey Hunter bought UK and Commonwealth rights (including Canada) from Denise Cronin at the Random House Group in New York.

Hunter said: "I am delighted that Silvertail is publishing Troublemaker. It is a bold and brilliant book, a description which will not come as a surprise to anyone who is aware of Leah. The book’s extraordinary contents and the fact they have now been made public mark this as a significant moment in the history of Scientology. I don’t know whether we are at the point of talking about edifices crumbling, but what I do know is that the more people hear Leah’s story and the more Leah speaks out, the less likely new people are to join and that is no small thing."

Published by Ballantine Books in the US, Troublemaker has sold almost 500,000 copies across all editions since its first publication there in 2015, according to the publisher.

Silvertail will publish in paperback at £10.99 and e-book at £3.99 on 9th March.

* * * * * END EXCEPT * * * * *