What's new

Is a "FreeZoner" an Ex-Scientologist?

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
LOL ... yes, you would make a great Xenu!

:p

Things Ron's Org people will hear from me when they contact me.

So OK - nobody's perfect.

You caught me on a bad day.

I got a parking ticket that day and I was pissed.

You'd do the same if you had a hangover like I had.

I'd just dropped twenty thousand Marcab Prime dollars on the races.

Do you know what a bad case of gout feels like?

Call it a "bad hair day".

Nothing personal.

So OK, I overreacted. Why the fuss?

I'm mostly a good guy. Sometimes I flip out.

We're not all saints.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
So Xenu, you've got the internet in your magnetic mountain prison. You hyper-convicts have it much too easey :angry:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I just talked to the Galactic Patrol earthside office, and they said they've never employed anyone by the name of Elron Elray.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
There used to be just one Christian Church.

I think you might need to do a little research. Sure, Paul claimed the one, true Church, but in Christianity there have always been lots and lots of sects, even within Paul's attempted conglomerate.

mate

Patron Meritorious
You now have only five days left to get your submission in.

You have done yours? Great!

You haven’t done yours? Let me ask you some questions.

Do you feel that family disconnection tears a family apart?

Are you aware that disconnection occurs in some religions?

Do you feel that the proposed amendment could handle this?

Are you in support of the amendment?

Good! Now, put your answers together in a few sentences and Voila! You have your submission. So send it NOW and I mean NOW.

David.

JBTrendy

Patron with Honors
Coyote13 Welcome

A rose by any other name is still a rose

And a tulpa is still a tulpa to paraphrase divine Mystic's poetry.

Coyote I think your Avatar's really cool and look forward to find more about the person who's behind it meaning you.

2 all I see you're having an enjoyable little chat on this thread and i like how things are turning out with peace and fun back home.

Finally Blip is playing the Christian card so we're starting to have a game here.

Reminds me of a song I wrote when still in the Church in the 90's I was wondering how the "F" to get people of earth to consider Scientology:

"If I was to come back I would come back as a We
For We all are one in Lord and One has to follow Thee
You've been betraying me so long
I've been betraying you so long"

Now I would say:
"For We all are One in Love when it comes to follow me"

But to me what I gained out of this thread is the term used by He-Man of Renegade. I agree that being associated with the $ word is a real big bummer and is even more so today than in my time there so FZ Indies or whatever chosen associated name I would not care to use for myself.

Thanks to He-Man

I am a Renegade!!!

By the way there is a very obvious direct connection between the Buddha Jesus LHR and me.

In my bad hair times I would say as my dear friend Steven DK

"Same shit different day"

Have a lovely blessed Sunday

:happydance::happydance::happydance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYiahoYfPGk
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Finally Blip is playing the Christian card so we're starting to have a game here.

Not guilty, Your Honour. It was, in fact, programmer-guy who played the Christian card:

Exactly!

For example (and I have said this before), if a person leaves the Roman Catholic Church and becomes, say, a Methodist... does this mean that they do not regard themselves as a Christian?

It's the same concept.

. . . which is the logical fallacy of attempting to define a term with a subordinate clause, that's by-the-bye. And, it just sorta started from there. Plus I got into trouble for being rude.

While I have much more sympathy for Christianity than for Scientology, and have done some formal study in Religion, please don't read anything else into my comments.

Life goes on.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Sorry, cupcake, but I actually do know whereof I speak

I have done research and I know a lot about it.

Yes, there always were sects but there was a time when there was one main church. Heretics were persecuted, sometimes burned. That church did its best to stamp out all heresy or offshoots. Defiance meant death. Most Europeans were members of it and to them, being a Christian, meant being part of that one church.

THAT is what I'm talking about.

Eventually, established Protestant churches came into being, though there was still persecution for a while. But they stopped being just little sects -often practicing in secret- to established churches. And being a Christian no longer meant being a Catholic. For at least two centuries, when people tell others that they are a Christian, the query is now: "Oh? Which denomination?" A medieval citizen would never have dared to say that. He'd have assumed that the person went to HIS church since it was THE ONLY ESTABLISHED CHURCH and if the person had confided otherwise, the querent would have had to decide whether or not to report the guy.

And so it goes with Scientology. There is more than one kind of Scientologist. And saying the name is polluted or whatever or treating a FreeZoner like some goose stepping cultie is just like asking some Lutheran or Quaker how the indulgence selling business is going.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
CofS would be the sect. Scientology is the underlying belief system/set of practices. On this thread we were discussing people who are not in CofS but who call themselves Scn'ists.

I totally agree with you that CofS is a sect and a cult, Vadim.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
There's a basic fallacy in trying to equate 'Scientology' with other religions/belief systems.

Scientology was and is and always has been a 'sole source' operation. Other 'religions' have a separation of 'belief' and 'organization'. The organization is one interpretation/implementation of the 'belief'. Christ was not a Christian; Muhammad is not the 'author' of the Koran (supposedly.) The Bible stands as source and is 'interpreted' by various factions.

Scientology has one 'Source' by definition. L. Ron Hubbard is 'Source' for Scientology and *he* specifically forbade the alteration, interpretation or evolution of that 'Source' material (including even suggesting that He didn't mean what He said literally.) If there was any question about that it was removed with the addition of Keeping Scientology Working and *Hubbard's* placing of it as the *core* policy of Scientology.

Now, an argument can be made that, since Ron's death, David Miscavige has 'squirreled' Scientology, however, as Ron's heir, there is precedent. After all, Ron Himself was His own greatest Squirrel. Nobody changed and waffled as much and the belief system allows for that.

Is David Miscavige the *correct* heir to Ron's crown? Well, per Scientology theory, Ron's 'admin tech' and 'pts/SP' tech are 100% effective, so, the mere fact that Davey is what Ron *left* us (or Scientology) speaks to him being the 'right' man for the job.

The point is, other belief systems can evolve, change and become competing factions. Not so Scientology. It forbids any such thing and any such variation is *not* Scientology per Hubbard, who, as 'Source' and sole authority, has/had the say.

Zinj

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
*snip for brevity* There is more than one kind of Scientologist. And saying the name is polluted or whatever or treating a FreeZoner like some goose stepping cultie is just like asking some Lutheran or Quaker how the indulgence selling business is going.

Could you please explain this? I am of the understanding that there is one, and only one, variety of scientology, there is no middle ground, it is the ultimate word of LRon, the groovey 'tech'. That is it, how can there be "other" scientologies? Isn't that, wasn't it, strictly off-policy to even consider? Its all the word of Ron, that's what it is to be a scientologist, it is construct, an illusionary fabrication, a world of wonder and work to dazzle the mind, and how could anything from the disturbed and deeply corrupted heart of Mr. Hubbard be anything but what the 'source' has called himself? The one, the only, very-bestest-things-that-can-save-the-world. :confused2:
I seem to have out-thought my own question, nm, I go now.:whistling: