Is it worth it to sue the church?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AryaZ, Aug 13, 2019.

?
  1. Good

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
View Users: View Users
  1. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

Of course it all depends on specifics but I agree with this advice. I call it "paying the tuition in the school of life". Sometimes you just have to accept the cost and move on.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  2. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Wouldn't Graham Berry fall into the category of being both a lawyer and a critic that has taken on Scientology?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  3. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Also Ford Green?

bb

4. Alanzo

Alanzo Screeching Harpy

Again, this was not Mike Rinder's advice.

I don't know why you guys keep dancing around this.

5. AryaZ

AryaZ Seeking truth and retribution

Lol...

Actually, I had/have proof of defamation in writing from a dozen different sources.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  6. AryaZ

I could possibly have done a go fund me for legal fees like the Headley's did. But, maybe that only works if you're a high level ex so. I guess getting followed by PI's, harrassed, losing your business, reputation, house, car etc after 20+ years of mortgaging your life away, dedicating 5years on staff
    doesn't compare to being in the hole.

I tell you trying to start over with no support system at 50 is pretty stressful.

Yeah, I guess I should just put it all behind me. But I'm not! I feel that the ppl like MR who lied and ran OSA ops for 22 years have a long way to go to be forgiven.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • For you For you x 1
    • List
  7. Alanzo

Alanzo Screeching Harpy

That's interesting.

Did Mike Rinder know you had this evidence?

8. AryaZ

Yes

9. Type4_PTS

Just curious, when I entered the search terms "AryaZ Scientology" into a search engine to see any other postings on the internet, I see Alanzo's blog comes up as the first item.

Have you told of this experience on his blog as well?

Aryaz.PNG

10. AryaZ

I have not. Weird, perhaps the search is pulling the "A and Z" from Alanzos plus the keyword "Scientology" or maybe it was copied over by someone else.

Why do you ask?

11. Alanzo

Alanzo Screeching Harpy

It also pulls up Mike Rinder's blog and Scientology org.

Why aren't you mentioning those too, PTS4?

12. AryaZ

What's the point anyway?

13. exbritscino

exbritscino Patron with Honors

I successfully sued the church for return of a considerable sum of "donations".
    In my opinion it all depends on what you are suing them for, which country you are taking your case to, and how much evidence you are able to get against them.
    In my case they spent a considerable amount of time, and their money ultimately, in trying to get my case struck off, rather than fight the case.
    In the end they gave in because they didn't want their dirty laundry aired in a high court populated by media reporters.
    Speaking for my case I would say that it was like one big game of poker. Who has the biggest financial availability? Who can produce the biggest amount of dirt against the other participant? Who has the most to lose, or gain?
    I had nothing to lose and everything to gain, and I was fortunate enough to have financial backing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

Yes, it's a combination of whether they think they'll lose, versus wanting to maintain a reputation of "nobody wins by suing Scn".

Spending $100K fighting a $10K claim is worth it, to them, if it results in discouraging the hundreds of people with similar claims from coming forward.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  15. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

Maybe, but it's also possible that a class action suit - where those hundreds of people pool their resources - against the CofS might succeed whereas lots of individual ones might not.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  16. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

17. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

I agree

18. AryaZ

That's what I thought and suggested (at the time) too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  19. Type4_PTS

They're included in the screenshot I posted.

A picture is worth a thousand words, is it not?

20. Type4_PTS

When a new poster comes on I'll sometimes google their screen name just to see if they've got a blog, videos, or other writings on the net.

When Alanzo's blog came up as the first item in the search engine I figured you posted on his website, but didn't want to take the time to search.