ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Is Scientology Imploding? Watching the Panic after Debbie Cooks email

Discussion in 'Tony Ortega' started by Free to shine, Jan 3, 2012.

View Users: View Users
  1. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

The Village Voice is in full swing. :biggrin:

Full article: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/01/is_scientology_imploding.php

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  2. Stat

Stat Gold Meritorious Patron

3. Free to shine

As usual, I love the comments section:

4. anonomog

anonomog Gold Meritorious Patron

"Her intention is to help those 12,000 people and the people they decide to contact. Going to the press, on the other hand, would have had little effect. The name of this game is help those motherfuckers who are in that cult. And this, I think, will do a lot," Beghe said. "I'm sure there were maybe hundreds of people who just went, holy shit, and had a revelation."

:spitcoffee:

It always raises the tone when church members get called mofo's.
    :dieslaughing:

5. Stat

Stat Gold Meritorious Patron

Jason Beghe will cry when he will realize what he missed re: SP RD and OT IX.

Hints: being able to smell suppressive perfumes a mile away and knowing you are OT for realz. Yeah.

6. Free to shine

I love how Tony hasn't edited Beghe talk. :biggrin:

7. Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily Gold Meritorious Patron

I just love this . . . and Beghe is right -- those Mofo's would only listen to someone like her, and she knows it. She did this brilliantly.

I also wonder if Debbie had the hope/plan/agenda of "recovering" some exes and "handling the ARC broken field". . . . assuming those people who are disaffected will "cognite" and *realize* that the problems they experienced are DM's fault and not LRH's. She probably expects exes to return in droves to help reform the church and get things back on policy. if so, she may be in for a little of a suprise on that one too.

8. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

This is a much more significant blow to the Mother Cult than anything Rathbun and Rinder have done. I'm loving this.

9. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

At some point these amazingly dimwitted true believers (aka: "Scientologists) must confront the fact that Scientology sucks because, and only because, the top Scientology leaders exactly follow LRH policy!

Hubbard created the mold when he designed the exact pattern of how to run and expand the Scientology organization with the OEC volumes, FEBC, OSA N/W Orders, etc. ANY version of the Church of Scientology, regardless of who is in power, exactly follows Hubbard's orders & instructions, or else. It has always been that way, and it will remain that way until Scietnology & Hubbard are nothing but long forgotten memories.

10. anonomog

anonomog Gold Meritorious Patron

In her email Debbie said not to pay for anything other than services.

This is where my understanding fails miserably.:blush:

Won't people who agree with her be apprehensive about returning in case their agreement turns up in session and causes them a whole heap of expensive trouble?

Won't people who publicly disagree with her also be apprehensive? Because they did recognise some truth in the mail, even if it was only Hubbard's quote. What if that came out in session?

Would any of the 12 000 be guilty of pulling the mail in?

If people, who are in the middle of a critical process, are now too jittery to return, where do these people go? What are they supposed to do?

11. Tiger Lily

Oh my gosh that's true! Think of those "poor mofo's" trying to get ruds in for their next session! Think of the thousands of dollars they are going to have to spend on repair auditibng, ethics and handling thier "PTS sits" and the doubts that read on the meter. Youch!

12. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

It's a perfect regging tool:

"Show that you are not in agreement with Debbie Cook — and thus liable for $25,000 worth of sec-checking — by upgrading your IAS status today!"

Paul

13. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

You know, that is one of the reasons why "experienced Scientologists" stay far away from any critical web sites and "entheta". It isn't because they don't want to read the data, but instead, it is because it COSTS THEM SO DAMNED MUCH every time that they do - in terms of Sec Checks, auditing intensives, dev-T on their lives, and ethics handlings to address what they "did". :duh:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  14. olska

olska Silver Meritorious Patron

And think of the "withholds" this creates, in EVERYONE on lines! which would tend to make people stay away from the org, find excuses not to go to events, to come in for courses, or...

and the MISSED withholds!

WHAT DID DEBBIE DO THAT MADE YOU THINK SHE KNEW

that you were secretly disaffected? How the hell did she get your email? did she get it from someone who passed it along to her because of some off-the-wall comment you made awhile back about...

OMFG! :roflmao:

15. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Lol!

She mailed it to the 'oatees' ... they are all very good actors, I reckon they'll work it out.

:coolwink:

16. Wants2Talk

Wants2Talk Silver Meritorious Patron

Or is it that she is missing the ot's witholds of being "out code of honor"?

17. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

Or, out-personal integrity?

18. Tiger Lily

I remember that so well . . . check mate

The Old Man was brilliant at setting up traps and chokeholds, I'll give him that.

19. Challenge

Challenge Silver Meritorious Patron

They'll have to do what we who left in the early 80s did, which was suck it up, or go to your friendly Field practitioner.
    Your choice.
    Talk to a friend first. Post on this Board. If you go into the Field, ask for their Training Comps and get references if you can.

Remember,there are more Ex scn'ists than there are active ones, so it shouldn't be too hard to handle. The worst thing that can happen is that it will take 24 hours to
    "de-stim".

challenge

20. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

Every 'In good standing' Scientologist knows how to do this:

"Crimestop

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Crimestop is a Newspeak term taken from the novel Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell. It means to rid oneself of unwanted thoughts, i.e., thoughts that interfere with the ideology of the Party. This way, a person avoids committing thoughtcrime.

In the novel, we hear about crimestop through the eyes of protagonist Winston Smith:

“ The mind should develop a blind spot whenever a dangerous thought presented itself. The process should be automatic, instinctive. Crimestop, they called it in Newspeak. He set to work to exercise himself in crimestop. He presented himself with propositions -- 'the Party says the earth is flat', 'the party says that ice is heavier than water' -- and trained himself in not seeing or not understanding the arguments that contradicted them.""

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimestop

There's potential for many to leave, though - I'm not saying that won't happen.