ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Is Scientology Imploding? Watching the Panic after Debbie Cooks email

Discussion in 'Tony Ortega' started by Free to shine, Jan 3, 2012.

View Users: View Users
  1. Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid Patron Meritorious

Forgotten memories...brilliant. :biggrin:

2. GoNuclear

GoNuclear Gold Meritorious Patron

This COULD be the beginning of the final collapse sequence, but, if it is, it is akin to that very first raindrop before a thunderstorm. It could take a significant amount of time from the first raindrop until it begins to pour.

Most of what I know of the current day Cof$ is from reading on here and on OCMB, because I got out in the early 80's prior to the famous mission holder meeting in San Francisco in October of 1982, and the Cof$ world has changed a great deal since. That being said ... my understanding is that Flag is the main money source currently, and that the Cof$ is all about the money. True, Flag has brought the lower level bridge onboard, but the big money is from high powered public, multi million dollar families, and extracting the bucks from them is a combo of 1) high end redges and 2) high end auditors to deliver L's and/or C/S the wannabee oatees and do their 6 month wool shearings oops I meant sec checks.

There are two pinch points ... there are a finite number of sheep to shear, and they are not getting replaced as fast as losses due to attrition, which has been accelerated in recent years due to bad PR, Anonymous, and, of course, the internet. The other pinch point is potentially more deadly to them ... their high end redges and their high end auditors. Considering how few people we are talking about here ... about 20 of these high end skilled people walking out due to some sort of internal flap could initiate the final collapse sequence. It would be hard to replace a redge who spends 80 hours per week sucking 200k out of the pockets of high end public with some outer org staff or mission staff div 6 body router, no matter how enthusiastic he or she is. And it would be problematic trying to replace some L 12 auditor with an HQS course grad, if there even is such a thing anymore.
    Also, unlike a football team that is "deep" and has an excellent second string and can easily replace a star quarterback with someone just about as good who needs the big break, I doubt that there is much of a second string when it comes to star auditors and redges over at Flag.

Pete

3. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

I think you're absolutely right. I don't think they have much in the way of backup.

4. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Some more Comments (at the bottom of the article page).

5. Opter

Opter Silver Meritorious Patron

And the Mutual Out ruds?:omg::eyeroll::duh::ohmy::omg:

Opter

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  6. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

:iagree:

There is no "just paying for services". You can't do services without paying for your IAS membership. Even if by some miraculous process you managed to get permission to get on lines without a membership, you would have to pay full price for everything because you don't have a membership. Which means no packages, no sliding scale on intensives, no membership discount. Which would wind up costing you more than if you had just bought the fucking thing.

I know a lot of people think that Debbie Cook has totally thought this out but....I don't. A lot of holes. I was in a Sea Org service org for 14 years, and a lot of this doesn't really make sense to me in terms of what she is telling people to actually do.

My personal opinion is that she really hasn't come to grips with all of it.

But she will have to.

It will have been forced on her at this point.

7. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

FUSS - families under scientology stress

Does anyone know what this is? This is the first time I have ever heard this.

8. Lohan2008

Lohan2008 Gold Meritorious Patron

Panic after Debbie Cooks email

Try using google...

http://www.whyaretheydead.info/UK/FUSS.HTM

9. Stat

Stat Gold Meritorious Patron

Debbie is wrong.

If every Scientologist will stop donating
    for things other then The Bridge, it would be
    a very selfish and introverting thing to do.

That would mean they are unflat on the subject of Help.
    And who would want that?!

Get your Basics in, people. Sheesh. :coolwink:

10. Stat

Stat Gold Meritorious Patron

Because of the Scientologists who generously donating,
    these stats took place factually in a physical universe:

"Every 24 hours we help:

11,169 kids improve their academic score
    68,570 learn the truth about drugs
    52,860 get the facts about psychiatric abuse
    49,629 learn their human rights
    9,176 inmates discover values and self-respect
    48,235 people find honesty and compassion
    6,725 volunteers contribute to their community."

All the above are the actual facts.

Achieving The State of Clear is a wonderful thing.
    Becoming OT is truly an amazing experience of amazingness.

But never forget, about 3rd and 4th Dynamics, friends. Donate!
    Would it be cash, check or credit? (looking for more references).

11. GoNuclear

GoNuclear Gold Meritorious Patron

Was the above actually taken from their new sales pitch, done as an answer to the Debbie Cook letter???????????????

If so, two points:

Considering the style, it was written by DM or his personal speech writer Sherman somethingorother.

Also ... if "49,629 learn their human rights" then even at the inflated figure of 10 million members for the Cof$, everybody within the entire Cof$ could learn their human rights in less than one year's time ... approx 200 days. If we go with a 15 million member figure, the entire Cof$ could learn about their human rights in about 300 or so days, still well under one year. Bottom line ... one human right they can learn all about is their right to property ... their property IS their property and not that of the Cof$ or some redge, and they need not let themselves be hounded endlessly to donate, since that would be a clear violation of their human rights after they said "NO!" Just think ... what if redges had to heed a "NO!" answer just like your average horndog college guy has to heed a "NO!" answer from some chick ... that is, if he wants to stay out of jail?!

Pete

12. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Google "11,169 kids improve their academic score," for example. You're not going to run up against too many irrelevant hits.

I did as I thought the original post was a satire. It wasn't.

Paul

13. The Auditor

The Auditor New Member

I'm a current member at the Church of Scientology.

I received the email from Debbie. It was very interesting... Much of what she discussed are things that I already wondered about myself.

When I reported it to HCO, I was immediately placed in a locked room and given an Ethics Interview.

I was told that reading her email was a "serious Ethics offense."

Now, I have been put on Ethics lines and am being investigated by OSA as a potential plant.

It's very humilaiating.... I am dissapointed in the Church's handling of this issue. It definitely seems paranoid and is doing way more damage to my trust in Management than a single email ever could.

Anyways, I just thought I'd provide an inside look at what is happening right now as a result of Debbie's email.

14. NCSP

NCSP Patron Meritorious

I'm sorry to hear all that. I hope things get better for you soon, inside or outside the Church.

ETA: By the way, I find it awful but hilarious that reading an email could be a "serious Ethics offense." Who read the email to make that determination in the first place? Is that person guilty of a "serious Ethics offense?" It's just insane.

Thank you very much for posting, too. I hope you stick around and contribute more. Even though your perspective probably differs a lot from that of some of us here, I'm sure it will be a very valuable one to hear.

15. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

Hiya & :welcome: The Auditor!
    So awesome that you chose to drop by here, quite unusual for any of you to have enough independant thought to go out and look around for yourselves, really, really quite awesome.
    Understandably, you may be real, you could be just a troll, don't matter, that comes out in the wash over time. If real, that you would feel enough impact to look around is such a great thing, now go and look around some more.
    If troll........ noice!

Doubt~ an inalienable human right.

:cheers:

Ogs

16. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Thanks for posting the info. If you haven't experienced that sort of thing before, you are getting a close up look now. But Debbie's letter is not the basic on that track. Others have had the same treatment for decades now over other issues which were just as silly. Good luck, I hope you remain willing to observe what is there and not what others tell you is there.

17. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

Compassion? With and through Scientology?

:hysterical:

What a major fucking joke!!!!! :yes:

18. Good twin

Good twin Floater

:welcome: Auditor. You know this is worse than reading that email, right? If you intend to complete your ethics cycle, talking with us is really a bad move.

Unless of course you take us on for your "effective blow" step. You can report that you've come to your senses after spotting how evil and entheta the internet is. After all it is all on an electronic wavelength and so was Debbie Cook's suppressive email. Then you will say that you tromped on us hard with the truth about how effective Scientology is and you offered us the crack in the open door.

Damn. I should sell this shit. How to get through your next ethics cycle and/or Sec Check.

Anyway, welcome to ESMB. You are certainly welcome here. No interrogation. You can talk about whatever you like. Just take a look at the rules. Not so much for your self, but so you know if any of us get out of line. Most of us are SPs after all.

:coolwink:

19. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome Auditor

Will they soon be telling auditors not to discuss "entheta" in session? How would that work? Maybe I have an MU on how Scientologists are supposed to clear the planet?

I thought the tech says to find, confront, view and duplicate the entheta. :unsure:

One thing you will find here is a chance to really demonstrate "Grade 0"

:thumbsup:

20. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

:clapping::clapping::clapping: Wonderful! :clapping::clapping::clapping: