What's new

Is there a piece of scientology that you hold onto as true - or still like ?

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
You're kidding, joking, right?

There are no clears, no OT's, no ST Hill Size Orgs.

What solutions are you talking about?

The Wordler's primary skill was the ability to rephrase the works of others and issue a rewrite with his signature on it.

Free Will

Patron with Honors

Beautiful compliment, thanks so very much!

I did occasionally consider if there was a book concept that would be worth developing or writing; with this one qualifier--one that a lot of people would buy.

However, I kept bumping into the tiny niche market (ex-Scientologists) that would be interested, especially with the arcane terminology and satirical beatdown that largely depend on the reader having once studied and embraced the mythological "tech" and "scriptural" absurdities. That's a fancy way of saying:"ALL THAT EFFORT TO WRITE A BOOK AND THEN I HAVE TO SELF-PUBLISH IT, ONLY TO SELL AN EMBARRASSINGLY SMALL NUMBER--AFTER WHICH THE BOOK ENDS UP ON E-BAY AUCTIONS NEXT TO HUNDREDS OF UNSOLD COPIES OF DMSMH THAT HAVE A "BUY IT NOW PRICE" OF 79 CENTS?" LOL.

But, I once did think it could be a very cool concept to develop of how people get trapped within their own (self-generated) cult-like thinking, even when they never were in a cult! In other words, a self-help book that used the Scientology "adventure" I had as a colorful way to illustrate how anyone can get suckered in (and incapacitated in life) by a "cult mindset", and how it would profoundly limit their chances of success in the world of jobs, careers, creating their own businesses, et al.

I flirted with that idea a few years ago (just a bit) with the idea that each chapter in the book would have a "principle" (hey, just like other bestselling self-help books! LOL) and there would be a little illustrative story about my experience in a real cult. Thus, Scientology would be a minor theme in a book about something potentially much broader and helpful.

I have spent virtually my whole life creating business ventures/companies, incubating other deals and have "rinse and repeated" in quite a number of diverse industries. I often marvel when looking at my own entrepreneurial experiences--particularly the "near-miss" deals that were so incredibly close to becoming a viral sensation, but my own slightly miscalibrated thinking didn't see the obvious path at the time. It's fascinating to realize that one can have all of the numbers to open a massive safe (filled with treasure) but if you are off by even one "click" on the last number, the door won't open. I saw a few brilliant commercial ideas or small businesses end up in mediocrity (or the scrap heap) while a virtually IDENTICAL business (which knew the exact "final click" of the safe dial) go on to become billion dollar companies.

In those "near miss" scenarios, I had been right 99% but my way of thinking (my own personal cult beliefs, nothing to do with Scn or any other guru besides me, lol) barred the path to financial glories.

Whoa, why am I on this rant, who cares, right? LOL

Well, this is the kind of thing that I personally find fascinating and maybe there is a really cool self-help book for entrepreneurs or people that would just like to own their own business and be their own boss. When I think about writing a book like that, I keep thinking: "WHY WOULD I MESS UP SUCH A COOL IDEA WITH SUCH A CREEPY-CRINGEY SUBJECT LIKE SCIENTOLOGY?" LOL

Well, thanks much for the beautiful words of encouragement! Who knows, maybe that will break some free some creative energies and a project will materialize. I kind of think that when one of the current companies I have incubated reaches critical commercial mass and gets acquired, I'll take a break and write a book about succeeding in the entrepreneurial life.

I've got some rather colorful war stories (hopefully as illuminating to others as they were to me) to tell if that book ever gets written!
HelluvaHoax,
This is yet another example of your fantastic writing.
I love your style, your brain and your memories.
I agree it would be a waste of such talent writing on such a crappy subject as Scientology.
Rock on!:thumbsup: