ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Is there any good in Scientology?

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Wedinn, Dec 28, 2018.

Tags:
View Users: View Users
  1. Gib

Gib Crusader

having a conversation with you is about on the same level of having a conversation with Don Quixote, and I believe it would be the same with L Ron Hubbard, but he is dead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote

Your story, and dead L Ron Hubbard are the same.

"The story follows the adventures of a noble (hidalgo) named Alonso Quixano who reads so many chivalric romances that he loses his sanity and decides to become a knight-errant (caballero andante), reviving chivalry and serving his country, under the name Don Quixote de la Mancha. He recruits a simple farmer, Sancho Panza, as his squire, who often employs a unique, earthy wit in dealing with Don Quixote's rhetorical orations on antiquated knighthood. Don Quixote, in the first part of the book, does not see the world for what it is and prefers to imagine that he is living out a knightly story."

Key phrase being "rhetorical orations" and this:

"does not see the world for what it is and prefers to imagine that he is living out a knightly story."

strativarius likes this.
  2. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Gold Meritorious Patron

Don't know as I'd ever claim to see the world as it is but I've every right to live out a knightly story both by blood and by conviction.

I'm a Birdwood. Our family geneology traces to the Domesday Book and I am a scion, for better and for worse, of a long line of British knights. General Sir William Birdwood was a highly regarded general of The Great War. The wisdom of scripture, our Constitution and the common good have ledme to stand in harm's way an the multiple scars I wear were not the product of rhetoric

3. Clay Pigeon

Never mind the cannibals...

Go for the cannabis!!!

4. Gib

Gib Crusader

myself, I'm a Furian, defiant to the end, not of this planet.

https://riddick.fandom.com/wiki/Furyans

I bow to no man.

5. Clay Pigeon

As a knightsblood American I stand that none be forced to bow.

6. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Yes, and your illustrious forebear would be turning in his grave if he could read that for bringing the good name of Birdwood into disrepute I fancy.

7. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Squirreling Dervish

As everything "good" in Scientology invariably leads to much more that is "bad" the conclusion would be that nothing in Scientology is good or at least purely good.
    The good that you think you've found is no more than bait arranged carefully to entrap you further into the core of the onion that is Scientology.

8. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

Interesting. This thread is 11 pages long.

Wonder how many pages it takes to say "No!".

Lol.

Gib likes this.
  9. Gib

Gib Crusader

Clay Pigeon,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clay_pigeon_shooting

likes to invoke discussions of "much ado about nothing" and read the counter arguments only to create more discussion.

10. Little David

Little David Gold Meritorious Patron

Scientology is a good example of how a mentally ill, conscience free, con artist can become rich and relatively famous.

However, it seems that some exes still seek a replacement for LRH's like in their lives.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    DagwoodGum likes this.