What's new

Is This A remedy For The Trauma of Scientology?

RogerB

Crusader
The question I raise in the title above is a serious one.

Reading the material revealed in the linked article causes me to consider therein may be the answer to the upsets, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression and all sorts of other unwanted conditions that folks often went into Scientology to try and handle, as has been noted by some here when posting on personal conditions about "ME" and such.

What stands out as very interesting is that this report cites a number of very successful clinical trials that have been carried out by properly qualified medical, healthcare, and other scientific professionals that validate the successes and workability of this class of techniques.

The self-healing revolution - energy psychology explained

By Brendan D Murphy

In every culture and in every medical tradition before ours, healing was accomplished by moving energy.--Albert Szent-Gyorgyi, Nobel laureate in Medicine​
Better Ways to Heal Through Energy Psychology
A self-healing revolution is upon us and it turns the standard Western healing model on its head, putting the patientback in the driver's seat, not only making them an active participant in their own healing, but moving beyond the band-aid solutions that pervade mainstream psychiatry and psychology.​
The current paradigm shift presupposes that, with the right approach, just about anything can be healed or reversed, and that a pain- or drug-addled existence of managing symptoms and eking by is no longer the best option, nor a fait accompli.​
This is the revolution that Big Pharma and institutional psychiatry hope you never hear about.
The emergence of energy psychology (EP), including methods such as EFT (emotional freedom techniques), TFT (thought field therapy), Psych-K, and Matrix Reimprinting (to name a few) means that, for millions of people suffering from phobias, self-limiting beliefs, or even major emotional and/or physical traumas, expensive and often ineffective traditional therapies can be eschewed (bypassed) in favour of more affordable (or free) and very often spectacularly successful "new" methods--that can achieve better results in a fraction of the time.​
What is Energy Psychology?
Energy psychology describes a collection of novel psychological interventions that "balance, restore, and enhance human functioning by stimulating the human subtle energy system," which includes the acupuncture meridian system, chakras, and nadis. "These techniques...have been observed to catalyze rapid, dramatic, and lasting changes in feelings, beliefs, mental states, and behaviors," as well as physiology and biochemistry. Thus, EP techniques involve "stimulating energy, whether by tapping, touching, or intention."[1]​
EP therefore traces its roots not just to Chinese medicine and qi gong, but also to the work of modern pioneers such as chiropractor and founder of applied kinesiology George Goodheart, Australian psychiatrist John Diamond, and Thought Field Therapy founder Roger Callahan.[2]​
In short, EP modalities use both psychological interventions and energetic interventions together.[3] The result is something far greater than the sum of the parts: EP techniques offer a uniquely powerful way to address and heal the subconscious mind from which around 95% of our thoughts and behaviour originate (and this, in turn, leads to physical healing and restoration).​

Snipped . . . . .

This link, and as in the header is to the full article;
https://www.nexusnewsfeed.com/artic...aling-revolution-energy-psychology-explained/

Some highlights to demonstrate the validity of this development . . . also, note it has been a bunch of Aussies behind these developments, hence, for any who are interested, you should be able to easily follow-up out there, if not do it yourself on a self-help basis as explained at the link.

Excerpts:

Shockingly Good Results
In 2003 a scientific study by the Australian psychologist Dr Steven Wells et al., detailed phenomenal success in using EFT to treat clinically diagnosed phobias of small animals such as snakes, spiders, bats, and mice. The pre-EFT intensity of the phobias were measured by taking into account several factors: increases in pulse rate while contemplating the feared object; the number of steps they could walk towards the feared creature; written stress questionnaires. Subjects were then briefed for half an hour on the treatment method, including receiving a brief EFT session.​
The subjects then had their phobias tested again. On every measure fear had dropped dramatically, and some subjects could even walk right up to the animals that had normally triggered phobic reactions.​
and . . .

Another study involved taking brain scans of subjects with generalized anxiety disorder. Anxiety and depression, for instance, have specific electronic signatures. EEG readings of participants’ brains taken through twelve energy psychology sessions show enhanced wave-frequency ratios and less dysfunction, especially in the frontal lobes (which are involved in higher mental functions, including humour appreciation, personality, self-awareness, and emotions in general[10]).​
Subjects’ brains which were treated simply with antidepressants showed no such improvements, and the group treated with the more widely known cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) required more sessions to achieve similar results to the EFT group, and the effects were not as durable, as revealed by a one-year follow-up.[11]​

and . . .

In further support of these findings, in February 2013, Dr Dawson Church et al. reported the results of a study of 59 US veterans with clinically diagnosed (severe) post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). These were published in the respected Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease. In this randomized controlled study (the “gold standard” of scientific research), 30 veterans in the EFT group received 6 separate 1-hour-long EFT sessions (concurrent with standard care), while the control group (n = 29) received no EFT treatment. Measures of the breadth and severity of psychological distress for veterans in the EFT group plummeted. After 6 sessions, fully 90% of the EFT group no longer qualified as having PTSD—an incredible result. In contrast, a month after the initial tests, only 4% of the control group no longer registered as having PTSD. After the wait period, the control group then also received EFT. Again the results were stunning, with huge drops in clinical symptoms.​
For the 49 subjects (of the original overall sample of 59 participating veterans) who actually did receive EFT treatment in the end, fully 80% of them remained free of manifest PTSD symptoms (they were “subclinical”) 6 months later. Church reported:​
This is the best result for PTSD ever obtained in a clinical trial for any therapy.[12] (emphasis added)​
To put this in perspective, many traditional therapists wrongly believe that PTSD is incurable.​

The article also cites actual beneficial physical body changes brought about by these procedures. To wit: changes in red blood cell behavior, (before and after microscopic photos shown) and other beneficial physical changes as below:

On top of that, the conventional medical mindset denies that intention can produce such striking effects on typically unconscious physiological processes, thus further disempowering millions of people around the world.​
Figure 1. Top: Red blood cell clumping before EFT. Bottom: Red cells evenly distributed after 12 minutes of EFT. Source: D. Church, The Genie in Your Genes, p 235.​
The list of physical complaints and symptoms that have reportedly been remedied or reduced with EFT is virtually endless: PMS, lupus, failing eyesight, headaches, allergies, carpal tunnel syndrome, cancer, MS—you name it.[16]​
At the 13th International Energy Psychology Conference held in Reston, Viriginia (2011), it was reported that then-current research was additionally demonstrating the effectiveness of EP on “test anxiety, food cravings and weight loss maintenance, public speaking anxiety, optimal test performance, and psychosomatic conditions such as psoriasis, tinnitus, and fibromyalgia.”[17]​

Lots more at the link . . . . .

This below, is part of what I posted on my Knowledgism Forum concerning the above.

Alan and I ran into the "tapping" thing, EFT, when it became "the thing" of some folks who were on our Ranch lines around 2000, or so. And to be noted is the point that the guys who were promoting it were the guys who truly had difficulty confronting charge, could not really stay in session, were all figure-figure and "think-about" when they tried to study or process another . . . and were also very "New-Agey" having drunk liberally of that too sweet brew for too long. Basically, today, I'd say they were practitioners of the "avoidance tech" wrong answer solution for getting free from what "they did not want to experience." Alan and I discussed this fully.​
EFT does produce change, we saw that at the time, and it is very much validated by the well conducted clinical studies cited . . . but the real deal is four-fold:​
  1. It does NOT handle the underlying charge that is causing the ill effect,
  2. It does not restore the client to cause over the area/subject or event underlying or causing the condition being addressed,
  3. It does not restore to the client the knowledge occluded by the incident/event underlying the condition being addressed, and such lack of knowledge leaves the client prone to repeated mishap,
  4. Hence the client is left uneducated, without restored sovereignty, knowledge, control, responsibility regarding the matter treated.
And further, note the "surrogate" modality they speak of . . . well, I suppose that is one way to create dependency. Many here are familiar with a guy out there creating himself as to be a guru able to "blow"/handle folks spiritual "entities" for them.​
But, there is a BIG lesson to be gained from this piece, and that is the validation of the extent to which spiritual address to our physical conditions is very beneficial for positive change. Indeed, note the term Epigenetics. It refers to "expression of genes" . . . that is, what we are doing does not change our DNA or gene structures, but it does change the way/manner in which they EXPRESS themselves.​
Ponder that . . . it is important.​
For me, this has brought a point of understanding of what I've been experiencing lately . . . I have moved up into hugely positive territory as a spiritual presence, and now I understand the physical changes and experiences I am going through. A point of real AHA! instead of WTF?​
What I am now aware of and understand is that, having moved up and out of so much of the old hung up "negative energy" involuntary replication of old, I am now affecting (imbuing) the body with more harmonious "positive" Life-Force . . . and the body is a whole new experience to be using.​
Also, it happens, I do have a whole new upper level understanding of what this body is to me . . . it is the vehicle through which I locate and orient my spiritual presence relative to the physical universe and from which I relate to influence the physical universe and its games. But that is a post for another time.​
Roger
/

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I love what's been characterized as either 'energy psychology' or 'energy medicine'. I've seen amazing demonstrations of EFT and Psych-K, and have used EFT on myself a bit. While really I am just a beginner I got amazing results, dramatically reducing the symptoms of a severe allergy to tree pollen in just several hours work.

At this link below is an interview with David Feinstein, PhD, a clinical psychologist who served on the faculty of John Hopkins Medical School. He talks about the state of the research on EFT:
https://www.thetappingsolution.com/science-and-research/

Last edited:

RogerB

Crusader
I love what's been characterized as either 'energy psychology' or 'energy medicine'. I've seen amazing demonstrations of EFT and Psych-K, and have used EFT on myself a bit. While really I am just a beginner I got amazing results, reducing the symptoms of a severe allergy to tree pollen in just several hours work.

At this link below is an interview with David Feinstein, PhD, a clinical psychologist who served on the faculty of John Hopkins Medical School. He talks about the state of the research on EFT:
https://www.thetappingsolution.com/science-and-research/
Good post Type4 . . .

Yes, there is some weird and wonderful stuff available for those who want to investigate options and look at the facts of outcomes.

My Sweet Virginia used to suffer from totally incapacitating allergies . . . each allergy season she was a bear to be with.

But, as it happened, it was about 20 years ago and I had a female MD who was into all sorts of alternative modalities (she was also a Wiccan . . . and a good looking piece). Any way, said MD (Doctor Jean) was also an acupuncturist and also was onto the use of a therapy that used magnets placed on acupressure-points.

The therapy also involved determining specific deep "DNA allergy reactions" . . . and the spectrum of allergens was very surprising. Believe it or not, one of Sweet V's allergens was Vitamin C!

In any event, Sweet V's allergies were effectively eliminated following the application of this modalities. Quite amazing acupressure with magnets of appropriate bodily points!

Virginia introduced her sister to Dr. Jean with the result of also a total cure.

FFS . . . magnets rubbed on acupuncture points!!

Terril park

Sponsor
Good post Type4 . . .

Yes, there is some weird and wonderful stuff available for those who want to investigate options and look at the facts of outcomes.

My Sweet Virginia used to suffer from totally incapacitating allergies . . . each allergy season she was a bear to be with.

But, as it happened, it was about 20 years ago and I had a female MD who was into all sorts of alternative modalities (she was also a Wiccan . . . and a good looking piece). Any way, said MD (Doctor Jean) was also an acupuncturist and also was onto the use of a therapy that used magnets placed on acupressure-points.

The therapy also involved determining specific deep "DNA allergy reactions" . . . and the spectrum of allergens was very surprising. Believe it or not, one of Sweet V's allergens was Vitamin C!

In any event, Sweet V's allergies were effectively eliminated following the application of this modalities. Quite amazing acupressure with magnets of appropriate bodily points!

Virginia introduced her sister to Dr. Jean with the result of also a total cure.

FFS . . . magnets rubbed on acupuncture points!!
How did you solve allergic reaction to vit c?

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've been advocating EFT on this message board for years. In my experience very few people are willing to look at anything different. "If it worked then my doctor would tell me about it". Pffft. Doctors and scientists don't know everything. I haven't taken any medicine or tablets of any description for over 40 years. I'd choose "alternative" over "mainstream" any day.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Any U.S. veteran with PTSD can get free or low-cost help using EFT. Info over here:
https://stressproject.org/

Excerpt from site:
"...research shows that 8 out of 10 veterans who come to this site for help, and complete 6 one-hour EFT sessions, no longer test positive for PTSD. They get better, and stay better over time. "

Hopefully, one day there will be something similar for those who have left Scientology and other cults.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Much thanks Roger for this post and info (links) provided by Type_4 PTS
Very very helpful :cool:

RogerB

Crusader
Much thanks Roger for this post and info (links) provided by Type_4 PTS
Very very helpful :cool:
Ya, thanks to you Lotus for the ack, and for sticking with the truth of what you hold to be true and worthwhile. It is by that standard of integrity that wins and advancement are attained.

Rog

Terril park

Sponsor
Re-read the post, Mate. The answer is there and is the reason I mentioned Vitamin C.
Yes. I didn't ask the correct question I was amazed at the idea that one can be allergic to a vitamin. It seems that one may have an allergic reaction to supplements only which are not pure vit C.

" https://www.livestrong.com/article/485015-ascorbic-acid-vitamin-c-allergies/
Ascorbic acid and vitamin C are similar in chemical composition and are therefore classified by the FDA as the same substance. Ascorbic acid does contain very similar components but lacks some other nutrients found in naturally occurring vitamin C found in foods. If you are allergic to ascorbic acid and vitamin C, you will only experience an allergic reaction when you take supplements. Vitamin C in its natural state will not cause an allergic reaction. Because most supplements are synthetic, your immune system may not recognize the substance and attack it, causing an allergic reaction."

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Ya, thanks to you Lotus for the ack, and for sticking with the truth of what you hold to be true and worthwhile. It is by that standard of integrity that wins and advancement are attained.

Rog
Oh thanks
Nice message :oops:

I've mentionned last year I was seeing a therapist for a complex PTSD issue. EMDR is fantastic though.
Although, I was somewhat curious about a trick she gave me to calm strong emotions which was in fact eye tapping. (under eye)

Someone here explained it to me (If memory serves it was PTS-type4)

The night I've stumbled upon this post, I've read the link, had a check on you tube to find the exact full procedure (9 points)
I had a very bad shocking news a few days before, and couldn't shut down the adrenalin in my overreacting system
Thus I gave a try (3 rounds) with the full procedure and must say it has been kind of magical.
It almost totally shut down the overreacting in the body.

I had a quiet night, good sleep and the day after I was free of anger and able to resolve a very emotional major issue with someone else and withouth going into anger, but remained open in my heart.

It has tremendously helped to get back to a more normal state of emotions and adrenalin.

Thank you!
I am very gratefull for this share.

RogerB

Crusader
Good news you give us there, Lotus. Very good.

I see you mentioned a shock you suffered, and the physical effects it produced . . .

Ya, shocks are a bitch.

Alan Walter developed a whole R/D for handling shocks that is rather miraculous.

The key things to know about shocks are these points:
1) A shock collapses a Being's space . . . the Being can collapse into being a dot.
2) Shocks wipe out the Being's futures . . . that is, what you had been reaching to achieve as your wants get retracted from and "lost."
3) Hence shocks occasion huge losses of Be, Do, Have.

Alan's R/D brilliantly restores the Being to full presence and recovery of control of its space and time and operation in pursuit of its Dreams and Aspirations . . . which is a very important thing to do.

Rog

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron

I see you mentioned a shock you suffered, and the physical effects it produced . . .

Ya, shocks are a bitch.

Alan Walter developed a whole R/D for handling shocks that is rather miraculous.

1) A shock collapses a Being's space . . . the Being can collapse into being a dot.
2) Shocks wipe out the Being's futures . . . that is, what you had been reaching to achieve as your wants get retracted from and "lost."

Alan's R/D brilliantly restores the Being to full presence and recovery of control of its space and time and operation in pursuit of its Dreams and Aspirations . . . which is a very important thing to do.

Rog
And all for a shocking low price!

RogerB

Crusader
This below is a very interesting post on a site dealing with spiritual enlightenment.

Surprise, surprise, it speaks to a matter dear to Alan's heart, and one totally omitted in Scientology; and that is the subject of the effects of unrecognized and thus unhandled Ascension Experiences.

Alan, of course, developed a successful handling and empowering of the newly recovered and ascended to states, abilities and powers.

Have You Been Experiencing These ‘Ascension Symptoms’?

In Brief
The Facts:There is a shift in consciousness taking place on the planet. Whether you are aware of it or not, it is affecting you and the entirety of the human race. We are evolving, we are ascending. Are you noticing?​
Reflect On:Do not despair if you feel like you are being bombarded with one challenge after another, you never take on more than you can handle. This is all a part of the process. Trust that you are being taken care of and everything happens for a reason.​
Ascension. What is that you may ask? Let’s pull all the ‘airy-fairy’ out of it for a second. The Oxford dictionary’s definition is as follows: “the action of rising to an important position or a higher level.” Does this resonate with you?​

Along with countless others, I believe we are in a time of great change, transformation, and evolution. Ascension, much like the dictionary’s definition means we are all evolving, growing, rising to the occasion, and perhaps now more than ever before.​
Probably one of the biggest proponents of speaking about ascension is David Wilcock, you can watch the interview we did with him for free here: explorers.collective-evolution.com/exclusive-interview-wilcock/​

SNIPPED . . . . . .

Ascension Symptoms
There are many symptoms of ascension. Here are just a few that, although not always easy, signify that you are on a path, that leads you to your highest truth, power, and potential. It is important to know that we are all on this path, whether consciously aware of it or not. Some people take a more active, accelerated route; others choose to repeat the same lessons more often and may not gain the insights as quickly. We are all in this process of awakening together. You are ascending if you have you been experiencing the following.​
SNIPPED . . .

The article goes into the details of symptoms and consequences of unrecognized Ascension Experiences

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Snipped from the above post.

Alan, of course, developed a successful handling and empowering of the newly recovered and ascended to states, abilities and powers.

No he didn't.

He copied hubbards crap (which had already been stolen from elsewhere) under an agreement with the cofs that he would call it something other than scientology.

He then attempted (and failed) to start his own cult and cultic following ... then he died.

End of.

You win gold for persistence though, well done.

Gib

Crusader
The question I raise in the title above is a serious one.

Reading the material revealed in the linked article causes me to consider therein may be the answer to the upsets, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression and all sorts of other unwanted conditions that folks often went into Scientology to try and handle, as has been noted by some here when posting on personal conditions about "ME" and such.

What stands out as very interesting is that this report cites a number of very successful clinical trials that have been carried out by properly qualified medical, healthcare, and other scientific professionals that validate the successes and workability of this class of techniques.

The self-healing revolution - energy psychology explained

By Brendan D Murphy

In every culture and in every medical tradition before ours, healing was accomplished by moving energy.--Albert Szent-Gyorgyi, Nobel laureate in Medicine​
Better Ways to Heal Through Energy Psychology
A self-healing revolution is upon us and it turns the standard Western healing model on its head, putting the patientback in the driver's seat, not only making them an active participant in their own healing, but moving beyond the band-aid solutions that pervade mainstream psychiatry and psychology.​
The current paradigm shift presupposes that, with the right approach, just about anything can be healed or reversed, and that a pain- or drug-addled existence of managing symptoms and eking by is no longer the best option, nor a fait accompli.​
This is the revolution that Big Pharma and institutional psychiatry hope you never hear about.
The emergence of energy psychology (EP), including methods such as EFT (emotional freedom techniques), TFT (thought field therapy), Psych-K, and Matrix Reimprinting (to name a few) means that, for millions of people suffering from phobias, self-limiting beliefs, or even major emotional and/or physical traumas, expensive and often ineffective traditional therapies can be eschewed (bypassed) in favour of more affordable (or free) and very often spectacularly successful "new" methods--that can achieve better results in a fraction of the time.​
What is Energy Psychology?
Energy psychology describes a collection of novel psychological interventions that "balance, restore, and enhance human functioning by stimulating the human subtle energy system," which includes the acupuncture meridian system, chakras, and nadis. "These techniques...have been observed to catalyze rapid, dramatic, and lasting changes in feelings, beliefs, mental states, and behaviors," as well as physiology and biochemistry. Thus, EP techniques involve "stimulating energy, whether by tapping, touching, or intention."[1]​
EP therefore traces its roots not just to Chinese medicine and qi gong, but also to the work of modern pioneers such as chiropractor and founder of applied kinesiology George Goodheart, Australian psychiatrist John Diamond, and Thought Field Therapy founder Roger Callahan.[2]​
In short, EP modalities use both psychological interventions and energetic interventions together.[3] The result is something far greater than the sum of the parts: EP techniques offer a uniquely powerful way to address and heal the subconscious mind from which around 95% of our thoughts and behaviour originate (and this, in turn, leads to physical healing and restoration).​

Snipped . . . . .

This link, and as in the header is to the full article;
https://www.nexusnewsfeed.com/artic...aling-revolution-energy-psychology-explained/

Some highlights to demonstrate the validity of this development . . . also, note it has been a bunch of Aussies behind these developments, hence, for any who are interested, you should be able to easily follow-up out there, if not do it yourself on a self-help basis as explained at the link.

Excerpts:

Shockingly Good Results
In 2003 a scientific study by the Australian psychologist Dr Steven Wells et al., detailed phenomenal success in using EFT to treat clinically diagnosed phobias of small animals such as snakes, spiders, bats, and mice. The pre-EFT intensity of the phobias were measured by taking into account several factors: increases in pulse rate while contemplating the feared object; the number of steps they could walk towards the feared creature; written stress questionnaires. Subjects were then briefed for half an hour on the treatment method, including receiving a brief EFT session.​
The subjects then had their phobias tested again. On every measure fear had dropped dramatically, and some subjects could even walk right up to the animals that had normally triggered phobic reactions.​
and . . .

Another study involved taking brain scans of subjects with generalized anxiety disorder. Anxiety and depression, for instance, have specific electronic signatures. EEG readings of participants’ brains taken through twelve energy psychology sessions show enhanced wave-frequency ratios and less dysfunction, especially in the frontal lobes (which are involved in higher mental functions, including humour appreciation, personality, self-awareness, and emotions in general[10]).​
Subjects’ brains which were treated simply with antidepressants showed no such improvements, and the group treated with the more widely known cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) required more sessions to achieve similar results to the EFT group, and the effects were not as durable, as revealed by a one-year follow-up.[11]​

and . . .

In further support of these findings, in February 2013, Dr Dawson Church et al. reported the results of a study of 59 US veterans with clinically diagnosed (severe) post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). These were published in the respected Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease. In this randomized controlled study (the “gold standard” of scientific research), 30 veterans in the EFT group received 6 separate 1-hour-long EFT sessions (concurrent with standard care), while the control group (n = 29) received no EFT treatment. Measures of the breadth and severity of psychological distress for veterans in the EFT group plummeted. After 6 sessions, fully 90% of the EFT group no longer qualified as having PTSD—an incredible result. In contrast, a month after the initial tests, only 4% of the control group no longer registered as having PTSD. After the wait period, the control group then also received EFT. Again the results were stunning, with huge drops in clinical symptoms.​
For the 49 subjects (of the original overall sample of 59 participating veterans) who actually did receive EFT treatment in the end, fully 80% of them remained free of manifest PTSD symptoms (they were “subclinical”) 6 months later. Church reported:​
This is the best result for PTSD ever obtained in a clinical trial for any therapy.[12] (emphasis added)​
To put this in perspective, many traditional therapists wrongly believe that PTSD is incurable.​

The article also cites actual beneficial physical body changes brought about by these procedures. To wit: changes in red blood cell behavior, (before and after microscopic photos shown) and other beneficial physical changes as below:

On top of that, the conventional medical mindset denies that intention can produce such striking effects on typically unconscious physiological processes, thus further disempowering millions of people around the world.​
Figure 1. Top: Red blood cell clumping before EFT. Bottom: Red cells evenly distributed after 12 minutes of EFT. Source: D. Church, The Genie in Your Genes, p 235.​
The list of physical complaints and symptoms that have reportedly been remedied or reduced with EFT is virtually endless: PMS, lupus, failing eyesight, headaches, allergies, carpal tunnel syndrome, cancer, MS—you name it.[16]​
At the 13th International Energy Psychology Conference held in Reston, Viriginia (2011), it was reported that then-current research was additionally demonstrating the effectiveness of EP on “test anxiety, food cravings and weight loss maintenance, public speaking anxiety, optimal test performance, and psychosomatic conditions such as psoriasis, tinnitus, and fibromyalgia.”[17]​

Lots more at the link . . . . .

This below, is part of what I posted on my Knowledgism Forum concerning the above.

Alan and I ran into the "tapping" thing, EFT, when it became "the thing" of some folks who were on our Ranch lines around 2000, or so. And to be noted is the point that the guys who were promoting it were the guys who truly had difficulty confronting charge, could not really stay in session, were all figure-figure and "think-about" when they tried to study or process another . . . and were also very "New-Agey" having drunk liberally of that too sweet brew for too long. Basically, today, I'd say they were practitioners of the "avoidance tech" wrong answer solution for getting free from what "they did not want to experience." Alan and I discussed this fully.​
EFT does produce change, we saw that at the time, and it is very much validated by the well conducted clinical studies cited . . . but the real deal is four-fold:​
  1. It does NOT handle the underlying charge that is causing the ill effect,
  2. It does not restore the client to cause over the area/subject or event underlying or causing the condition being addressed,
  3. It does not restore to the client the knowledge occluded by the incident/event underlying the condition being addressed, and such lack of knowledge leaves the client prone to repeated mishap,
  4. Hence the client is left uneducated, without restored sovereignty, knowledge, control, responsibility regarding the matter treated.
And further, note the "surrogate" modality they speak of . . . well, I suppose that is one way to create dependency. Many here are familiar with a guy out there creating himself as to be a guru able to "blow"/handle folks spiritual "entities" for them.​
But, there is a BIG lesson to be gained from this piece, and that is the validation of the extent to which spiritual address to our physical conditions is very beneficial for positive change. Indeed, note the term Epigenetics. It refers to "expression of genes" . . . that is, what we are doing does not change our DNA or gene structures, but it does change the way/manner in which they EXPRESS themselves.​
Ponder that . . . it is important.​
For me, this has brought a point of understanding of what I've been experiencing lately . . . I have moved up into hugely positive territory as a spiritual presence, and now I understand the physical changes and experiences I am going through. A point of real AHA! instead of WTF?​
What I am now aware of and understand is that, having moved up and out of so much of the old hung up "negative energy" involuntary replication of old, I am now affecting (imbuing) the body with more harmonious "positive" Life-Force . . . and the body is a whole new experience to be using.​
Also, it happens, I do have a whole new upper level understanding of what this body is to me . . . it is the vehicle through which I locate and orient my spiritual presence relative to the physical universe and from which I relate to influence the physical universe and its games. But that is a post for another time.​
Roger
/
The trauma of dianetics and scientology is a simple story really,

it's we was duped, in that we all thought thru Hubbard's rhetorical and sublime writings and training and involvement, why we would become clear and then OT.

It's a hard pill to swallow.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Ya, shocks are a bitch.

Rog
Roger,

AS an experienced ex-scientologist, also having a little background with psychology and now a quite good experience with PTSD and complex PTSD undergoing therapy with a specialized therapist, (having done extensive reading on the subject) I can assure you that this stuff you propose is bullshit and will never heal trauma and PTSD.

There have been (now for 2-3 decades) extensive researches done by psychotherapists , (very dedicated in the trauma field) in finding efficient therapies, and there are now proven effective therapies. For some people suffering from a single trauma it can go as fast as 4 sessions.

These proven therapies are essentially:

Cognitivo-behavioral
EMDR
Ego States
Lifespan integration
and the use of eft as discussed here.

Traumas have to do with brain that didn't digest an (or multiple) event properly.
It also has to do with neurobiology and hormones (adrenalin cortisol)

It doesn't have to do with pseudo metaphysical $cientology stuff like being's space - being's loss or being's futur
It is essentially an injury that cause memory to wrongly process a traumatic even that needs to be reprocessed to be digested properly. Period.
It's is so suffering for people who live with that, that they don't need charlatant to play more into their suffering to add more neither to fuck off with their brain.

Allan was not a certified psychotherapist, neither a specialist of the trauma, neither he conducted any research based on ethical research criterias neither published (In psychology journals) any finding of any study he conducted. Thus it has no value. Sorry!

I believe that many ex-$cientologists may be more at risk to encounter this condition, especially those who have been in the sea org and who encountered abuse, fear, RPF, introspection rd, false emprisonnement, escape, blow drill, ......

But anyways, thank you for suggesting something you consider as valuable
(but, unfortunately, it is not valuable in the field of psychotherapy and mental health)

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I am on the mailing list of Ruth Buczynski, a psychologist and the president of NICABM (The National Institute for the Clinical
Application of Behavioral Medicine). Here is part of an email I got from her today:

Hi Larry,

The primary goal of trauma therapy hasn’t changed since my early days as a practitioner . . .

. . . but the way we approach it sure has.
And recent advances in the treatment of trauma – many of which have been made in just the past three years – require a fundamental shift in how we work with trauma.

I’m talking about techniques that are informed by the most up-to-date understanding of what’s going on in the brain, body, and nervous system of someone with unresolved trauma.
That's why we've created a master series – to bring you effective interventions straight from the leaders of our profession.

It’s free. I hope you'll check this out.
What we're learning now could make such a difference for our clients.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm adding info about this series into this thread in case anyone is interested. But please understand that this is series is NOT directed towards laypeople. It was created for professional practitioners to help their clients, so some of it may be difficult to understand if you're not already educated in this field.

The series IS free, but only if you watch it when it is actually broadcast on the web. For anyone who wants to own the series it will cost you.

The series is called:
"Master Strategies in the Treatment of Trauma: The Latest Interventions Can Reduce Symptoms and Speed Healing"

Here is the link to get more information and to register:
https://www.nicabm.com/program/treating-trauma-master-2/?del=10.2.18TraumaEmail1toAll&link=4

And here is the website for NICABM if anyone would like more information about them:
https://www.nicabm.com/

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Roger,

AS an experienced ex-scientologist, also having a little background with psychology and now a quite good experience with PTSD and complex PTSD undergoing therapy with a specialized therapist, (having done extensive reading on the subject) I can assure you that this stuff you propose is bullshit and will never heal trauma and PTSD.

There have been (now for 2-3 decades) extensive researches done by psychotherapists , (very dedicated in the trauma field) in finding efficient therapies, and there are now proven effective therapies. For some people suffering from a single trauma it can go as fast as 4 sessions.

These proven therapies are essentially:

Cognitivo-behavioral
EMDR
Ego States
Lifespan integration
and the use of eft as discussed here.

Traumas have to do with brain that didn't digest an (or multiple) event properly.
It also has to do with neurobiology and hormones (adrenalin cortisol)

It doesn't have to do with pseudo metaphysical $cientology stuff like being's space - being's loss or being's futur
It is essentially an injury that cause memory to wrongly process a traumatic even that needs to be reprocessed to be digested properly. Period.
It's is so suffering for people who live with that, that they don't need charlatant to play more into their suffering to add more neither to fuck off with their brain.

Allan was not a certified psychotherapist, neither a specialist of the trauma, neither he conducted any research based on ethical research criterias neither published (In psychology journals) any finding of any study he conducted. Thus it has no value. Sorry!

I believe that many ex-$cientologists may be more at risk to encounter this condition, especially those who have been in the sea org and who encountered abuse, fear, RPF, introspection rd, false emprisonnement, escape, blow drill, ......

But anyways, thank you for suggesting something you consider as valuable
(but, unfortunately, it is not valuable in the field of psychotherapy and mental health)
Just came across this, sounds interesting...

https://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/fo...B991NnFmAV1HNUT-a6OMpnSS-nC7N0owRHdxgA3HTai7w