ESMB is now closed to new registrations. Please go to www.exscn2.net and register there.

Isaac Hayes given the shaft

Discussion in 'Breaking and Major News about Scientology' started by triumph, Jun 17, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. triumph

triumph Silver Meritorious Patron

Showbiz 411
    “Shaft” Gives the Shaft to Oscar-Winning Composer, R&B Hero Isaac Hayes, Leaves Out Famous Music from New Film

The producers of the new movie, says Isaac’s son Isaac Hayes III on social media, refused to make a deal with him. This sounds a lot like what happened last year to the miserable reboot of “Superfly” without Curtis Mayfield’s signature score. You can hear what he has to say here:

snippet:
    Isaac Hayes was a musical genius, but he suffered financially when he was alive. For most of his career, he lost the rights to his songs in bankruptcy. He was co-opted by Scientology, which in the end ruined his career and added to his ailing health.

by Roger Friedman - June 13, 2019, 2:22 pm
    https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/06/...to-oscar-winning-composer-rb-hero-isaac-hayes

[​IMG]
    Isaac Hayes III on SoundCloud
    https://soundcloud.com/isaachayes1/how-does-a-shaft-soundtrack-get-made-without-isaac-hayes

2. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

Sacrilege. Here's a live version of that great track (the band as well as the crowd seem to be enjoying themselves);

3. Cat's Squirrel

Just asking for a friend here :p ; How old do you have to be before you're supposed to stop finding it funny to say, "He's a constipated man" instead of, "He's a complicated man?"

4. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

Psyllium works for me (Yes, I know, too much information).

It also apparently has lowered my cholesterol level as a bonus.

5. Cat's Squirrel

Thanks Enthetan. I use one called Normacol (probably too much information as well), but yes I've seen psyllium recommended. There was one I tried where I didn't like the somedwhat slimy texture (and that might have been it).

Anyway, back to my Isaac Hayes clip; wasn't that band tight? They must have rehearsed that one every way come Sunday; everyone in the band knew exactly what to do and when. (I also noticed the shape Isaac made with his hands when he sang "his woman" :) ).

I've just found the setlist for that show (at the Glastonbury music festival in England in 2002) in case anyone's interested;

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/isaac-hayes/2002/worthy-farm-pilton-england-bcbeda6.html

6. Enthetan

I use capsules. No taste or texture issues.

7. Enthetan

Yes, they were very tight, and they were having lots of fun.

8. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Oh boy! Yeah! Tighternamotherf****r!