ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

It's Been Nice

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Headend, Jan 10, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Headend

Headend Patron with Honors

The last 12 months has been a very transitional period for me, so many things have ended and new ones started. A 15 year relationship has ended, my father died, in fact it was the first weekend in my new house that I got the call. I sold my share in a business that I’d started 3 years earlier, there have been a few others but I’m sure you’ve got the picture.

I’ve managed to walk through this minefield almost unscathed by not resisting what was happening, by accepting it all with as much grace as I could. The lessons I have learned by not fighting with life have completely changed my outlook.

I spent the last 3 days of my father’s life by his side & held his hand & looked into his eyes as he passed and felt nothing but privileged to have shared his last moments.

Today my ex-wife & I are truly friends. Our children spend lots of time with both their parents, in fact I only live round the corner & they often just call & saying I’m coming over. We all spent Christmas together plus her new boyfriend, his parents & his son.

The business is in good hands & is doing well, so that’s good too.

Anyway my point is I’ve enjoyed my time on ESMB & what little attention I still had on Scn has been all but dissolved, so this has been a transitional period as well.

I’ve been welcomed by most of you, some of the true believers haven’t always enjoyed what I’ve had to say but who would the believer be without the non-believer. I know we are all doing exactly what we need to do for each of us, even if we can’t see it right now. I've gotten to know some of you very well & that’s been a real privilege. If you have my email or phone number please stay in touch.

This board is very needed & helps so many. It staggers me to look at the number of users online compared to the guests who are lurking and reading your story’s so keep up the good work.

I’m not saying I won’t drop in occasionally and read a few posts but I’m going to retire from posting regularly.

It’s also about needing to get out into the real world and get on with the new chapters of my life. I find I’m just spending too much time on the net & for me that can be addictive.

So, it’s been nice.

Pete

2. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

Be well, Pete. And thank you for your contributions!

(I would like to know your secret to pulling yourself away from this addiction... because I am one of those who cannot do it alone...):D

3. Tanstaafl

Tanstaafl Crusader

All the best Pete! :thumbsup:

Have found your posts interesting - thanks.

4. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

A parent passing can be a huge transition. So can a divorce after 15 years with children. Selling a stake in a business can be quite a transition, as well.

Wow. That was quite a year for you.

I heard someone describe middle age as a time in your life when you are like a painter who has been climbing a ladder all his life, only to realize that he's on the wrong wall.

Good luck creating your new life.

5. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Thanks for your contributions, Pete.

Enjoy your real life. :)

Paul

6. Leon

Leon Gold Meritorious Patron

It's been good having you here Pete. Pop over to Christchurch for some good Fush and Chups sometime.

7. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Hey Pete - it's actually really good to see people 'graduate' out the other side of any needed healing process that being here provides. Bloody well done! And may there be many more.
    Don't be a stranger though! :)

8. lionheart

lionheart Gold Meritorious Patron

I'll miss your wisdom and thoughtful posts on here, Pete. And I'll miss your understanding of what I try to express. :thumbsup:

I hope you pop back in here occasionally.

Keep going with the flow, being in the Now and letting go! :happydance:

Stay in touch. OK? I'll PM you.

9. radar

radar Patron

From my experience on forums like this, you'll be back. What is the real world anyway? :coolwink:

10. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Maybe a good basis for a sig line? :)

11. barky

barky Patron with Honors

Um, I have to apologize, but I don't think I ever read one of your posts :blush:

But, I will say that I'm very glad ESMB is here, for even though I don't want to look back on my time in Scn, either, every now and then it creeps back into my mind, and when it does, it's nice to come back to ESMB and rant on about it. :)

Good luck to you. And come back if you need it. :)

12. Emma

Emma Con te partirò Administrator

Hey Pete,

I'm glad the board helped you in some way.

Your posts always made me think and I'll miss you around here.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you won't be a stranger. :no:

- Emma

p.s. Who is going to poke fun at the Indian cricket team now? :confused2:

13. Headend

Headend Patron with Honors

Thanks for all your kind words & good wishes.

I have no intention of being a stranger & will be having a look from time to time but I no longer feel any need to engage in what sometimes become circular & futile exchanges. I no longer have any regrets about my time in Scn and know that I would be less without them. :happydance: I'm happy for you all to have your points of view & to work your way through them in your individual ways.

I also have a few favorites who I find make very insightful points regularly. And then there are the power posters who always find a way to inject some often needed humor in their posts

Finally I made a suggestion to our glorious & merciful Queen Emma and in her infinite wisdom she threw it straight back at me & said I could do that myself. :duh: So I will be starting a couple of threads but will only start them and leave any discussion to you guys.

Pete