ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Jan 8th Rathbun Hearing

Discussion in 'Monique Rathbun' started by Lone Star, Jan 8, 2014.

View Users: View Users
  1. elwood

elwood Patron with Honors

"Captain Blackheart"? I kinda' like it.

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

So they merely flout Panamanian law instead of flouting US law.

Paul

3. The Sloth

The Sloth Patron with Honors

Miscavige is "stuck in his wins" in this regard going back to Portland, followed by the Time Magazine suit, the IRS, Wollersheim, etc. Remember, scripturally, the purpose of a law suit is not to "win", but to harass them and if possible "ruin them utterly". This is SCRIPTURE. To do anything less is "off-policy" as far as courts are concerned. The judiciary seems to be waking up to this hear and there.

4. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

Maybe so, but I doubt that The Cult’s lawyers are calling the plays. ‘Big’ Davey always has to be in charge. I doubt this case will ever get to the first court let alone a Supreme one. Miscavige will never willingly appear in open court and will do anything to avoid being asked some very awkward questions under oath. Given how paranoid cult leaders inevitably become, he will fear that if he perjures himself, one of his inner circle with take the opportunity to provide the smoking gun (we all know how obsessed The Cult is with collecting and filling ‘evidence’) to Monique’s legal team.

If I were Rathbun or Rinder, I’d use my contacts within Cult hierarchy to secure an ally – perhaps not in the very top tier below Miscavige, but someone who had access to the right emails / recordings / videos - and do a deal whereby I’d manoeuvre Miscavige into a legal battle (easy enough, given his penchant for retaliation), have him appear in court and be asked about his involvement in the issues (in this case the harassment of Monique and perhaps a few other questions such as handing out physical and mental torture to his staff), whereupon he lies and denies any involvement. Then, out of the blue, incontrovertible evidence (phone records, written memos or even a video recording – remember many devices include a camera nowadays) arrives at the office of Ray Jeffrey!

In one fell swoop, the Cult leader is shown to be a liar, their defence collapses, Miscavige scrambles to do a deal, but in vain as he is dragged off to jail on charges of perjury. Monique wins her case, Rathbun and Rinder are happy that they have gone some way to undoing the damage they did while working for Miscavige, and what is left of Cult management have their prime tormenter taken out of the picture.

Of course, I’m sure that Miscavige would suspect this, so I’d have a couple of follow-up plans in place as well… :coolwink:

Anyway, the key point is that Miscavige dare not appear in court, quite apart from the public ridicule he knows he will suffer, he fears having the stark choice of either having to lie or admit that he is a very nasty person. Either one will destroy his credibility as The Leader.

Axiom142

5. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

6. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

Yup,

That's what my Concise OED says as well.

Perhaps Miscavige thinks he is channelling Torquemada?

Axiom142

7. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

He is a demon of christian myth

dmheart.jpg