ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Jan 8th Rathbun Hearing

Discussion in 'Monique Rathbun' started by Lone Star, Jan 8, 2014.

View Users: View Users
  1. Eclipse-girl

Eclipse-girl Patron

It clearly depends on what is the wording of Mosey's TRO and the law in Texas.
    Several people on Tony's blog feel this is a violation.

It has nothing to do with this being a public place.

2. SpecialFrog

SpecialFrog Silver Meritorious Patron

I would say that going to a place where she knows Mosey will be with no other reason to be there is a violation.

If she had business in that building on that day unrelated to the trial or needed to be there for the trial, it would not.

3. Mythbluster

Mythbluster Patron

This on Tony's blog I found most intruiging:

"...Nick tells us he spoke to Ray, who told him the church has filed an answer — but did not question the validity of the 2007 texts submitted by Mike Rinder".:ohmy:

Really cant wait to hear how they respond!"

4. SpecialFrog

SpecialFrog Silver Meritorious Patron

Swearing at underlings is a religious ritual in Scientology.

5. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

Cedillo is saying Jeffrey's motion to continue the anti SLAPP motion by the CSI is defective.

Ray got pretty hot.

Ray wants more discovery. Cedillo says requested discovery is not warranted for anti-SLAPP.

6. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

Cedillo is bulldogging his way around the court today. Trying to filibuster and at times succeeding.

CSI and RTC still haven't produced documens.

7. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

Apparently there really was a mistake with Ray's attachment to this motion for continuance. It can be quickly fixed though.

Mike Bennit is taping this BTW.

8. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

Cedillo is claiming "King's X". What is that?

9. Mythbluster

Mythbluster Patron

According to google:
    [h=2]What does kings x mean?[/h]
    Answer
    To give the "king's x" means to surrender in a fight.

It's probably too much a relic of the time when kids played outdoors for some people to know it. In games of tag or chasing, if you say "King's X" and hold up your hand with the first two fingers crossed it's a kind of "white flag." It means you're safe for a moment to tell someone something, or to discuss something. It's a truce, not a surrender. When you uncross your fingers, the game goes on. Predictably the phrase is old enough to have been taken as a name by a rock group, in this case a Christian rock group trading off the idea of Jesus as The King and the X as a cross.

10. pebbles

pebbles Patron with Honors

king’s ex exclam, n  Also king(’s), king(’s) sax, king’s (s)cruse; for addit varr see quots [Cf EDD king’s, ~ cruise, ~ ground, ~ speech (at king sb. 10, 1.[13], [23], [45]).
    According to 1959 (1967) Opie–Opie Lore Schoolchildren 141–53, kings and crosses are common truce terms in ceEngl; (s)cruce(s) and exes are also attested. Although ex is often assumed to be an abbr for excuse, it seems more likely that it, as well as (s)cruce(s) and crosses, refers to the act of crossing the fingers, often an essential part of claiming a truce or time out.] chiefly west of Missip R, Gulf States, Ohio Valley See Map and Map Section Cf fins 2, time out Used to demand a pause, exemption, or truce during a fight or game; the momentary truce or state of immunity so demanded.

http://dare.wisc.edu/?q=node/108

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  11. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

This SLAPP thing is a damn mess. As usual it boils down to interpretation.

12. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

Gotta go dark.

13. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

I love you, Lone Star.

14. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

The criminal justice system protects criminals more than they help victims of crime! They are similar to the Church of Scientology where they make REAL HELP OUT OF REACH with "you have to pay attorney's up to$1,250 an hour so they can twist the law and the truth to protect you from getting the truth exposed. The Church of Scientology charges $1,000 to get auditing that will supposedly set you spiritual FREE?? :whistling: REALLY? Who on earth could believe that a cult that has a LONG history of destroying lives with all the drama of espionage, extortion, money laundering, Mind Control, Brainwashing, blackmail, murder, private investigator's, scum bag attorney's, corrupt Judges etc... could even get away for ONE HOT MINUTE of filing an Anti-Slapp motion against someone who is getting harassed by the evil cult and was very reasonable about the request to be left alone. The evil cult of Scientology even admits it? Scientology uses their "policies" to get around responsibility for their crimes....The Justice System uses "the written law and cases" to get around serving justice. Both costs are out of reach for the average person. Bat Shit Crazy meet Bat Shit Crazy!! The United States Justice System meet Scientology = BAT SHIT CRAZY! They have a lot of similarities!! :yes: The biggest one - they make lots of money committing injustices and making real "ethics" out of reach for the honest people that have been hurt! Have fun Scientologist's - protecting your evil cult - it will all come back around to YOU - so OSA Agents - Please, please, please, stay in Scientology, keep working for Scientology - you will never be free!! And you will have deserved everything you get because by now, if you CAN'T SEE and refuse to LOOK - you are just as evil as your leader, Captain David Miscavige and what will be left are the true 2.5% are left to run this racket called Scientology!! Have fun with the karma of that! At the end of our lives - we will have to take a look at what we helped create. I would hate to dedicate my life to an evil cult that destroys and betrays people and have to look at what I did to contribute to that! After a while, one can't say "I did not know" - there is too much available to SEE!! If you are refusing to LOOK - you are CHOOSING NOT TO LOOK! How is that freedom?

15. koki

koki Silver Meritorious Patron

33. members and 155 guests...:hattip:

16. Adam7986

Adam7986 Declared SP

Sorry I can't be there with you today Lone Star! Thanks for keeping us up to date.

I don't blame Ray Jeffrey for being heated. Anti-SLAPP is meant to protect against being bullied into silence using the legal system--something that Scientology is extremely notorious for doing. The irony is appalling.

17. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

FUCK YOU OSA!

18. mclovin

mclovin Patron

^^^ this in response to a request over at TO's

19. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

Lunch til 1:40. Will post something after I eat.

Just watched a CoS PR piece. Must throw up.

20. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

Eating!!! We have a planet to Clear!!! How dare you eat!!! At a time like this....