On that issue, she came across as reasonable and un-clamish to me. :confused2:

And why, oh why, do you inject a derogatory label like "the clam"? :duh:

Regards, Panda "the wog" Termint :)

Lone Star

Crusader

Yes I was thinking that another "c word" is more appropriate for Elfman.

Your endorsement of her message has been noted. :p :wink2:

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
I just feel sick rage when I hear uppity scientologists say "my kids" and "I'm a parent" Scientology doesn't care thetans have no family

Jenna, what would you do if your kid was declared, church or kids?

Disconnect that's what, her head is deep up Lafayette's butt

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

Sorry Panda - you might actually want to listen to what this driveler actually says. The only "reasonable" part was the statement that she's a mother.

She mentions that there are "several" supreme court decisions that uphold that the parents rights are "sacred". Doesn't actually cite any - because the truth is 180 degrees the other way - the rights of the child to medical treatment despite the parents' wishes has been established law for a long time as many Christian Science and JWs have found out.

A reason to oppose the bill is that poor people who have to work may not have the time or money to have their child fully vaccinated and this bill would stop that child from being educated?

Well that's fecking brilliant! - let the child get sick!! What a smart solution that is. So for Jenna the simple solution is to let the poor get infected with preventable disease. Have to say that this is a definition of "reasonable" that never occurred to me. Typical bone head comment from a fecking airhead who does not know what the words "public health" actually mean and entail.

And of course the cultish attack line about how its all about putting money in certain senators pockets.

Reasonable? Hardly.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I thought that the thrust of her beef was about Gubbmint overriding the individual's right to choose.

She said in the video that she's not anti-vax and has vaccinated her own kids.

That sounded reasonable to me but I haven't really studied SB277 so it's just a gut reaction.

I actually posted on this thread because of Cat Daddy's labeling her "the clam". I find that label as distasteful as Hubbard's "wog".

Clamish? Not in that video.

Lone Star

Crusader
Sorry Panda - you might actually want to listen to what this driveler actually says. The only "reasonable" part was the statement that she's a mother.

She mentions that there are "several" supreme court decisions that uphold that the parents rights are "sacred". Doesn't actually cite any - because the truth is 180 degrees the other way - the rights of the child to medical treatment despite the parents' wishes has been established law for a long time as many Christian Science and JWs have found out.

A reason to oppose the bill is that poor people who have to work may not have the time or money to have their child fully vaccinated and this bill would stop that child from being educated?

Well that's fecking brilliant! - let the child get sick!! What a smart solution that is. So for Jenna the simple solution is to let the poor get infected with preventable disease. Have to say that this is a definition of "reasonable" that never occurred to me. Typical bone head comment from a fecking airhead who does not know what the words "public health" actually mean and entail.

And of course the cultish attack line about how its all about putting money in certain senators pockets.

Reasonable? Hardly.

Several diseases are making a big comeback because too many parents are no longer vaccinating their kids. Whooping cough being one of them. Which is deadly.

Will polio have to come back with a vengeance before these airhead parents get the message? :duh: Yeah, try dealing with a kid who can't walk for the rest of his or her life....look them in the eye and tell them the stupid reason you didn't have them vaccinated. (I'm talking to parents who aren't reading this, and will never read this obviously).

The vaccination rate in Southern California has dropped so low that I think it's actually below what they call "herd immunity". Or it was getting dangerously close. I've heard that Britain has the same problem. Moronic, idiot parents who believe a bunch of woo woo crap about vaccines.

God this is the age of stupid.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Yes, I know that some diseases are making a comeback. It's the same thing here in Oz.
FTR, I'm pro-vax.
I read on the internet (for what that's worth) that California has a vax % rate in the high 90s.
Are you saying that's untrue?

JustSheila

Crusader
According to this article, in some areas, the non-vaccinated are as high as 25%. The outbreak from Disneyland was infants who caught the virus from non-vaccinated adults and were too young to be vaccinated. Those the most at risk are the very young and elderly.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...alifornias-epidemic-of-vaccine-denial-mapped/

imrs.php

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Where I live, if my kid doesn't have a proper set of vaccination records, the school will not permit attendance, period, end of story. As far as being too poor, wasn't Obamacare and Medicaid supposed to address that?

Back when I was a kid, I remember we had mass TB vaccinations of all incoming kindergartners in the school gym. Perhaps the school nurse can give the vaccination. The school nurses currently can send girls off to have abortions without parental consent or knowledge, so why not vaccinations? If not by the nurse, then by a doctor making the rounds of all the schools.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Several diseases are making a big comeback because too many parents are no longer vaccinating their kids. Whooping cough being one of them. Which is deadly.

Part of the issue is that we have illegal immigrants from the Third World arriving without vaccinations, and carrying diseases from their place of origin.

Where I live, if my kid doesn't have a proper set of vaccination records, the school will not permit attendance, period, end of story. As far as being too poor, wasn't Obamacare and Medicaid supposed to address that.

Back when I was a kid, I remember we had mass TB vaccinations of all incoming kindergartners in the school gym. Perhaps the school nurse can give the vaccination. The school nurses currently can send girls off to have abortions without parental consent or knowledge, so why not vaccinations? If not by the nurse, then by a doctor making the rounds of all the schools.

Shocking! never a dull moment.

JustSheila

Crusader
It's not the poor who are refusing or missing vaccinations, it is primarily the wealthy areas. (see link above) Some vaccinations cannot be given until a child is old enough, though, so they are vulnerable to catch it from adult carriers. Elderly can sometimes lapse in getting booster shots simply because they're less mobile and it doesn't occur to them.

California is the first to provide a map breakdown by area, so we have to use Calif as an example. Calif's vaccination rate is terrible, but not the worst.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Do you have any figure on the actual percentage of the overall population? The map shows that there are mostly low percentages (<2, 3, 4, 5+) of abstainers, not high percentages. Some areas are obviously higher than others but I'm still wondering if the >90% figure is correct.

JustSheila

Crusader
No, because the only accurate statistics are of those immunized attending kindergarten. It would not include those who left school or those too young to start, but it's a good yardstick for now.

I found the actual latest published study statistics. Some websites are claiming all sorts of numbers, but this is it:

This year 90.4% of the 535,332 students enrolled in reporting kindergartens received all required immunizations (4+ DTP, 3+ Polio, 2+ MMR, 3+ Hep B, and 1+ Var or physician-documented varicella disease), a 0.2% increase from last year. In addition, the percentage of conditional entrants increased by 0.4% from last year. The percentage of students with permanent medical exemptions(PMEs) stayed the same at 0.19%. There was also a 0.61% decrease in students with PBEs compared with last year. Immunization coverage remained above 92% for each vaccine for all schools since last year.

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/im...5 CA Kindergarten Immunization Assessment.pdf

The ideal is 95% or better for "herd immunity":

Community Immunity ("Herd Immunity") Vaccines can prevent outbreaks of disease and save lives. When a critical portion of a community is immunized against a contagious disease, most members of the community are protected against that disease because there is little opportunity for an outbreak.

http://www.vaccines.gov/basics/protection/