What's new

Just how is Scientology handling this pressure?

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Silver Meritorious Patron
Where I come from this is known as trespassing, if not breaking and entering, and followed up by grand theft.

The fact that these people allow others to come into their home and steal from them like that is proof that Forrest's momma was right, stupid is as stupid does.

Sea Org members once came into my place of work because of a complaint from an offloaded S.O. member (an ex-boyfriend, Victor Barcenas). They must have believed everything he told them (plus they wanted to re-recruit his young and strong body) about me because they sure came for blood and my boss, an OT3, 8-C'd them out the door, after I 8-C'd my boss to 8-C them.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
An update on the "flourish and Prosper" = SELL.

Today an elderly relative in his 80's and off lines since 1994 had a courier arrive. He was delivering 4 large boxes of books and tapes.

Luckily my relative realised what they were when he saw 'L. Ron Hubbard' and refused to accept delivery! These were not ordered and presumably had an invoice in the packaging somewhere, or it will follow. The courier was understandably annoyed at having to take them back.

Also somehow his phone number has been obtained and he is getting harassed by phone calls from all over the planet. He doesn't need or want this! Hanging up on them and saying no have no effect.

I am totally disgusted! :grouch: :angry:

Good twin

Floater
Basics

There was a special "come on" rate at the event. There was a deadline to get the discount. It was extended. I have been called by Staff from all over the US. Some calls are from Orgs I didn't even know I was on the mailing list of. I have been offered some great "deals". I was offered a huge discount because someone on lowers made donations so that "upstats" could purchase at a big discount. It's hysterical that I somehow made it onto the "upstat" list. I was offloaded and then labeled "upstat". What's next? Kha Khan for posting here? It's absurd that such unusual solutions are being used to "force" people to purchase the books. Hell, they can't give them away! LOL :ohmy:

Wisened One

Crusader
Geez....

Good Twin:

LOL, Yeah, we're also getting calls and mail from Orgs all over!

Heck today Spouse received a call from LONDON!? (Didn't answer it, nor did they leave a msg)...but DANG!

Are they desperate, or what?

By the way: What does 'offloaded' mean?

Wisened One

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
In the last week we have had calls from: Cof$ Int, Bridge Pubs, FLAG and WISE (SO) all about the Basics. Do we have them, are we reading them, are we on course, doing extension courses? And could you donate sets for libraries.

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
For me being declared I am now getting email from ASHO. If you send them email they harvest the email to send sales pitches to you. Yahoo thinks it is spam though and marks it as such.

Barb

OHTEEATE

comparable magnitude

maybe this will put it into perspective for you: in 2005 we had the big Congress Packages push. Remember that? All the neat little lap sized CDs with small lap sized transcripts. $2000 for the full set. Gotta buy it RIGHT NOW TONIGHT, type thing as now with the basic books. So, now were cleaning out the storage and selling it all and guess what? the tapes I paid $9000 for (SHSBC) i just sold for $1800, and consider myself lucky to get it. These will be going for 10-20% in a few years whan people realize they're just taking up space and they never read them. None of it will make a damn bit of difference; it's all hype and buy now hysteria.
I wish they would put a few dozen sets on MY porch with invoices saying I had ordered them! Can you say lawsuit, boys and girls?

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Yes, I purchased the Congress set you are talking about. What do you think I could get for them now? I'm better off to just donate them to the local Freezone Group.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I wish they would put a few dozen sets on MY porch with invoices saying I had ordered them! Can you say lawsuit, boys and girls?

The story with my relative is not over yet. We need to find out who sent them first, if possible, as even the name was the wrong spelling. What makes me so angry is people in their 80's do not need this stress! Lawsuits are not really an option in this case. :grouch:

sandygirl

We also got the call from "London". Sounded like she was next door.
Do you think someone got the bright idea-
"Hey you have a British accent, call these loafers and pretend you're calling from London. They wil definatly buy the Basics then!":thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Na...this is a church we're talking about. They wouln't do something that sleazy:bullshit: