ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Just registered, looking for superman

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by clarkkent34, Jan 3, 2013.

1. clarkkent34

clarkkent34 Patron

As for the first hand experience. Here is what i do. I still look and find useful information on the net. What I do is take in all the information and build an abstract picture bit by bit and try to build what I believe is more likely (or feels so) to be the case. I do not have the uncontrollable need to label anything as whole truths or completely false. For example, if i hear 60% of people say Scientology is shit, and 40% say it's great for whatever reasons. My end result is that i know 60% of those that actually did end up going public with their opinion on the net (also realizing most probably do not do so). My conclusion is now that this is all I know. Then of course I build a picture as to why the 60% don't like it, and why the 40% do, and based on their reasoning for this I can then form my opinion based on that. But then again, which must be accounted for is that I am missing some greater quantity of people who haven't gone public on the net with their opinions. Now considering COS members don't post online (seemingly) you have (even though that of the 60% sounds more conclusive to healthy reasoning) to still take into account that most of the members who I would assume are not without intelligence or healthy reasoning (at least I would hope!) have not for the most part voiced their opinions which I'm sure would create a slightly, if not to a great extent, change the overall view of most who would try form an opinion of what the real circumstances are.

Now this is neither meant to side with you are them, but you can see how I think. It's rather a very honest and intelligent way to store information. Because if I, knowing this information as I just explained it, created a convenient black and white opinion without further investigation decided to write an article or start an anti-COS website, I would really just be adding to the (what I consider a huge instigator of false information in the world today) confusion.

So as you can see, you give credit to what you do and do not know. Obviously, to a certain extent, you have to, in order to function in the world obviously trust some unproven axioms (one of Hubbard's favorite words it seems, with good reason). I don't wish to have question everything down to the last detail, since, I do like to enjoy myself as well lol.

The worst fault I've found, by not admitting what you do and don't know is that many times you cause us to lose our faith in our species (a rather cold description I know) because more times than not someone, usually for their own benefit made someone else or some other organization seem worse than they really are just to conveniently benefit your personal motives. Either by exaduration, adding little lies, stretching the truth, or blatantly working off of assumptions and presumptions to build your case against someone. The list goes on...

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  2. pollywog

pollywog Patron with Honors

Google Jason Beghe

I haven't been in a plane crash either, but pretty sure I don't need first-hand experience to know I don't want to be in one.

[​IMG]

3. PTS

PTS Elliott

Dear Superman:
    In this day and age, with all the tools and knowledge at your disposal, you would be a FOOL to wade into this cult. Follow some of the links provided to you already and you will learn enough to steer well clear of $cientology. But, you have free will same as all of us. Don't say you were not warned. If you must pursue the ideas of Ron Hubbard at least hook up with some indies.

4. clarkkent34

clarkkent34 Patron

As for what do I want... I would like to help the world to accomplish some things that really need tending to. Help pass solutions down to the next or current generations rather than problems. I want to see rehabilitation for people rather than deterring or imprisoning them. Overall I see mankind doesn't have much faith in itself always believing corruption will always overpower our potential in progressing. And I see people trying to (as they would like to believe) "teach" lessons to those that were unfortunate at the start of their lives by punishing them further (as if they hadn't suffered enough) with such ends that they never do recover. And we all pay for it in the end. It's so easy for people to say "I can do it, they should be able to as well!" when really, what one considers simple and easy, another may find it such a struggle that they barely have the will to live. And worst of all the one struggling is then (while misunderstood) made to feel worse (by being called a weakling, loser, etc. list could go on forever) in the attempt (by the one lucky enough to end up in their position for whatever reason) to somehow motivate him/her because they believe this actually works! Now the struggling person has just had the last nail hammered into his coffin and without further explanation fails completely or does so over and over because the belief by many is that everything is the same for everyone, and we all have the same weaknesses and strengths from birth generally speaking, and all that are weaker or stronger are only this way because of their own doing. And I believe that is absolutely incorrect and dangerous as hell as a society to deal with people in this absolute fashion. People are too harsh to other people in the fact that they forget that when they throw someone in jail to set an example and give them a life sentence....that is an entire LIFE BEHIND BARS. No family, no good dinners, no cigarettes, no beer, no girlfriend, no trip to the park, no friday nights out to decompress after a tough week, no movie theaters, no vacation, sometimes no human contact except for a few minutes a day (solitary confinement), no natural sunlight at times, no whenever phone calls, no personal time, cells being searched, getting stabbed/killed/beat up by harsh institutionalized hardened criminals which you otherwise wouldn't be associated with, scared for your life many times, nothing..... and for what? I think, because we can't be bothered to face real problems providing real answers just because they are a little less tasteful, and if someone actually had the balls to justify these real answers, and explain that more often than not the outcome would be far more attractive than things are now, and most problems people maintain as the flaws of this country or world would actually be, for the most part solved through a few simple concepts.

I think perhaps you get my drift. I should probably further proofread my messages but I don't underestimate your ability to read my slowly degrading ability to think and write due to lost sleep last night lol

5. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

You, sir, are a Reptilian forwarding the agenda of the Cat People.

6. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

[​IMG]

7. shadow

shadow Patron with Honors

This is not some insightful truth. It is a trap that allows a person to maintain their delusions despite all evidence to the contrary.

My BIL thought he was the best husband and father in the world, and cannot understand why his family left him. Those around him just wondered what took so long for them to leave. What was true for my BIL was not reality, and still isn't.

Try Jung. I once was told that DSMH was an "interesting" interpretation of Carl Jung.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  8. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

Ain't no Super Power(/s) to be found in Scientology; just an expensive scam that turned too many decent people into paranoid fascists. Fortunately, it's winding down now.

Scientology ruins lives; get out and stay out is the best cognition you'll ever have.

9. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Clark, I'd really like to get an answer to my question from earlier.

10. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

Hi Robert!

So, you're considering joining a club, and are considering both scientology and the satanic church. You cite the goals of satanism as harmony and liberation. I'd love to help, but I'm afraid you'll have to find a satanic forum to really find out the scoop with the fallen one. As far as scientology, that stuff is definitely bad news, so maybe Satan is the one for you to follow. Good luck on your journey, and let us know how that whole Satan thing works out for you.

11. DonkeyOT

DonkeyOT Patron

I've never met a real scientology clear.

William Offermann, Clear #3335

12. shadow

Since people in scn are not supposed to talk about their progress (or lack of progress), just state some vague "win", it is not possible to evaluate the value of scn from those in who are still in it. There are many thousand stories on the net that range from horrific to mildly irritating experiences with svn, many do not post their stories because they have family or friends still in that they do not want to be disconnected from. There is no way to get proper sampling of the populations to do any meaningful comparison.

There is very little black or white in this world. It is all shades of grey. When you are young, the world is like the old westerns where you knew the good guys wore the white hats and the bad guys wore the black hats and the world was easy to categorize. As you grow up and things get grey, you realize that there is good and bad in everybody and situations are more complicated and nuanced than the easy black and white. Some people continue to see things in black and white and categorize everyone into good guys and bad guys (you are my friend or enemy) and never really see beyond that categorization.

Some people feel the need to embellish the story to get others on their side. Many do not feel this need because they are not trying to convince anyone of anything, they are only exploring their experience and comparing notes. This is important if a person has been in a group that isolates them from reality, tells them that what they are seeing is an isolated incident, and others are gaining win after win after win. This appears to be a common experience in scn which is only fully realized upon leaving.

There are no CLEARs. The caek is a lie!

13. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

I've said this elsewhere, but to me the essence of Scientology can be summed up in its motto, albeit slightly modified here:

Scientology, creating a world of Insanity, Crime and War.

14. elwood

elwood Patron with Honors

I hear the same voice in my head when I read the posts.

15. PTS

PTS Elliott

You're a techy sort. Can we Google bomb $cientology so that when one searches for "church of Satan" the first link is $cientology.org? I think that would be hilarious. Or when one searches for "what is more evil than Satan" have the cult's web site come up first. There must be something we can do for lulz to play with Google page rankings.

16. shadow

If you have to experience something to evaluate it and form an opinion, you are in for an E ticket ride. Start the list of things you need to experience so you can form an opinion: cancer, plague, killing others, dying, joining a cult, bathing in muriatic acid, Parkinson's, schizophrenia, rattle snake bites, (you can add to this as you wish). I prefer a good education, good research skills and bit of critical thinking, rather than actually experiencing these things.

My spouse and his family were on the Apollo with Hubbard and actually experienced scn. Most have passed away or are out. I do not need to try it to form an opinion on scn, I have observed the experiences of others up close and personal.

17. elwood

elwood Patron with Honors

I Googled it. Damn! There really is a "Church of Satan"!

18. secretiveoldfag

secretiveoldfag Silver Meritorious Patron

Pause while everyone Googles 'Church of Satan'...

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Eleven.html

It's not as bad as you might think.

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth
    by Anton Szandor LaVey ©1967

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

9. Do not harm little children.

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

It reminds me a lot of the rules governing ESMB.

19. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

:welcome: ?

They just can't help themselves, really they can't :duh:

'Oh look honey! Its a wild 'Lurk-More' coming out of it's lair to see if it can spot it's shadow....'

[​IMG]

sheesh.

20. teadreamer

teadreamer Patron

Superman is easy to find. Just keep an eye on your local telephone booth. When you see a guy with a side parting and glasses enter your dream will soon be real. :thumbsup: