ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

justaguy's (silly) questions thread

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by justaguy, May 12, 2009.

1. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Paul's warning not to listen *only* to me is well founded. I deliberately prefer cryptic to comprehensive and, I'd agree with him that it would be a mistake to reach conclusions *only* based on some cryptic comment from me.

That said, while Paul and I probably disagree on more subjects than we've yet touched, I am certain of his honest desire to communicate.

Something I fail to discern in your posts.

Zinj

2. clamicide

clamicide Gold Meritorious Patron

I'm curious on this. Everybody did sign a thing that did state they understood the whole working-for-church thing. I assumed it was for all the orgs since it was obvious or own org didn't create it. If it turns out to not be able to be upheld, then hell---I want my back pay. NOW! Not much in the scheme of things, but when you're working all those fricking hours...even a couple of years bringing self up to minimum wage plus insane overtime would actually put a huge dent in paying for schooling in the real world for real skills. I could seriously dig that scenario.

3. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

You've said a number of things to me in this thread that aren't true. I remember the exchanges we've had, relatively few, at least under the nick you've used on this thread.

I identify my own stance, yes. I sometimes write pro tech posts and sometimes other kinds of posts. I've written a lot of things about the cult and the harm it does and if you've really read any significant percentage of my posts, then you know that.

I know what I've written. Which makes one of us.

4. well_that_sucked

well_that_sucked Patron with Honors

I hope one day you wake up, but I doubt you will. You enjoy believing your own lies as much as you do the hubturd's.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?p=207343#post207343

See you in a week.

5. well_that_sucked

well_that_sucked Patron with Honors

And back to our regularly scheduled program

6. Voltaire's Child

Like when I said that CofS is a destructive cult and that Hubbard died insane?

Obviously, I'm fully awake.

7. FinallyFree

FinallyFree Gold Meritorious Patron

I have never seen those videos before. I have read a lot of Jerry's stuff on the net -his information just hit me like a ton of bricks. It was his info on the lrh Affirmations that helped to to walk away from scientology with absolute certainty and for good. It shortly after I was able to finaly call it a cult - for myself. I always wondered while I was on staff why there wasn't an lrh biography. It was talked about so MUCH in the 90's remember? And STILL NO biography. Well, of course, now I know why. There is just no way to tie all of the lies together enough to produce a biography. And heaven forbid a lie get put in print, with scientology's stamp of approval of course, only to be solidly proven false later. Yeah - God Bless Gerry Armstrong. He doesn't look broken to me he looks like he has a lot of battle wounds to me.

8. CornPie

CornPie Patron Meritorious

Imagine how much different things would have turned out, if Gerry Armstrong had just published his facts about scientology, put them on the Internet, and into the "public domain", without any advice from any attorney. I wish he had done this before filthy-scientology had a chance to pay him off, and stop him.

Armstrong's attorney was looking out for himself. The attorney wanted his percentage of the $800,000 settlement money, plus he "supposedly" wanted to stop his own fairgaming. Sure Armstrong got some money out of the deal, but now he's had to shut-up for 20+ years. And he looked pretty unhappy about it in the video.

Let this be a lesson to others who listen to an attorney, because all an attorney wants is their percentage of any settlement money. They won't care about your information, so the attorney will try to shut you up, and stop your information from getting out to the public. If you've got the dirt, and if you know it's factual, publish it, put it in the public domain, and do this BEFORE telling the cops, an attorney, or anybody else. Publish in text files, images, but videos are best, and be sure to put them in the "public domain". Put them on YouTube, Drop.IO, and on DVD's which you mail to TV stations, then start giving the DVDs to everybody you know, and do it as quickly as possible. Just get a bunch of copies out there, so there's nothing filthy-scientology can do about it. The best thing to do with scientology, is to f*** them up the a**hole, with accurate information.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  9. voiceless849

voiceless849 Patron

Oh, but only if that were so. Staffers got commissions for books and services they sold. As a $15/week Staff Member who was buried out of view of the unsuspecting public, my chances of ever scoring a buck were limited to perhaps a few sales a year, which I dutifully made.

Meanwhile, the reges and book store officers, whose job it was to sell sell sell, rented private appartments and drove BMWs and Audis to the org.

If I spend time on it and sold books, I was "off post". If I complained about the situation, I was told that I too could make money selling books.

Somehow, that never squared with me... at all.

10. Voltaire's Child

True. Book store officers did get commissions.

11. clamicide

clamicide Gold Meritorious Patron

I received intell that this had changed greatly. Commissions have been cut greatly. A BSO's wife I knew was looking for better paying work because they could no longer survive with the huge cut in the commission structure.

12. Voltaire's Child

Clammy, Any way the cult can save a buck- hopefully at the expense of its members- it will certainly do so.

13. Ex_SaintHill

Ex_SaintHill Patron with Honors

very cool! I saw on some Anon videos mention the flying spagetti monster. Now I know where they got it from ...FSM.... :thumbsup:

14. skydog

skydog Patron Meritorious

Cornpie-are you a troll or just plain dumb? I think probably both. Why would you tell someone not to listen to their chosen attorney and to publish all their evidence on the internet first? I wish there was a word in the english language that could adequately express how stupid you must be. Just my opinion.

15. FinallyFree

I can’t imagine what either of them went through. BFG was on the chat portion of ESMB last night and told us how his atty caught someone removing his lug nuts. The guy, whoever it was, ran off and wasn’t caught, but he had already gotten one off.

I wish Gerry had made a different choice, and I am sure he does as well, but he was dealing with things that I have not gone through myself. I heard his atty was getting hit very hard by the OSA ops.

Things would be so different though if he had not signed that paper and taken the money. I don’t think Gerry or his lawyer made any profit off that, I would be surprised if they came out of that in the black financially. But I do see this as a lesson and we should all take note and learn from this mistake.

16. FinallyFree

Warning - I'm Gonna Rant

God! What was the Commission? 15%? Or was it 10%?? And management CUT that??? I guess they are working on making up for the financial loss. I guess DAVID MISCAVIGE refuses to give up those expensive hand made and tailored suits. I also have it on good advice DM reads these posts about him. So DAVID MISCVAIGE how the HELL do you explain to yourself the lap of luxury you live in while you leave those S.O. members in such filth, such poor living standards. HOW DARE YOU spend the publics money while you deprive those ENSLAVED S.O. members of the bare basics? How does it FEEL to walk around in your expensive clothes eat nothing but the best, drive around in your luxury cars….. all on the public’s dime? THAT IS NOT YOUR MONEY. The end is coming David. Can you feel it? It is approaching. But don’t worry Davie, you will be treated better than the S.O. members you are holding as prisoners up in Hemet. Though I cannot promise you the same “better” treatment from the other inmates. Let’s hope you like your cell mate….. A LOT. Because I am SURE with how small you are – he will be bigger. And you KNOW what that means don’t you Davie? I hope you hung onto that giant bottle of Lube Marc Headley sent you during the depositions. Because your screams of agony won’t stop the abuse you are about to receive. I promise.

17. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

You got this right. :)

In view of the fact the Armstrong case was initiated in the mid-80's, a time when the "internet" did not exist and roughly coincident with the time when the precursor (limited access) Arpanet was switched over to a TCP/IP basis. Armstrong and his attorney would have found it rather difficult to have put material on the internet at that time. :whistling:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerry_Armstrong_(activist)

The public access internet did not come into existence until the 1990s. This came about largely due to the "High Performance Computing and Communication Act of 1991", aka "The Gore Bill", named for Al Gore the senator (and former president elect if not elected) most responsible for helping to establish the widespread public access network now popularly known as "The Internet". :)

Mark A. Baker

18. CornPie

Skydog:

People don't need a "chosen attorney", as you say, if they place a higher priority on publishing accurate dirt about filthy-scientology, and no priority on cashing in.

To me: Getting accurate information published, is far more important than "settlement" money, where I have to sign a life-long gag order.

To you: It sounds like the money is more important to you, than quickly and surely getting the information out to the public. This would be like the other 12 cases mentioned in the videos above, where the incriminating evidence against filthy-scientology, never saw the light of day.

To others: Be it known, an attorney will try to shut you up, try to stop-or-slow your information from reaching the public. If people make the decision to publish -- then publish -- for which they don't need an attorney. And if you put the information in the "public domain" it will be too late for anybody to do anything about it.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  19. CornPie

FinallyFree said to CornPie>
    A -- ...I wish Gerry had made a different choice, and I am sure he does...

B -- ...Things would be so different though if he had not signed that paper and taken the money...

C -- ...I do see this as a lesson and we should all take note and learn from this mistake...

My (CornPie) reply to FinallyFree>
    A -- Yes, and this occurred at best, in the early part of the Internet, he had less options than today.

B -- Yes, don't sign anything, or you will be like one of the 12 cases mentioned in the videos above.

C -- Yes, that's the point, others can learn from Gerry's decision.

Gerry Armstrong made a difference, and he had less options than we have today, and the world has learned from previous mistakes. But as kind as I want to be with Armstrong, the world is going to remember him as the guy who had the dirt on filthy-scientology, but he listened to his f***ing attorney, he sold out for money, he signed a life-long gag-order, then he went on camera 20+ years later and regretted signing that gag order. He did us a favor by whining about his decision to sign the gag order though, so we can learn from it, and not make the same mistake ourselves.

Don't let this be you, if you have accurate dirt on filthy-scientology, then publish it on the Internet.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  20. CornPie

Dear FinallyFree:

Whereas you are a 2nd generation, ex-scientology staff member of 7 years, most recently in recruitment, would you mind heading over to this thread, and telling us a few "unmentionables" that go on in their recruitment world?

In particular my post #12 of this thread:
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=11731