ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

justaguy's (silly) questions thread

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by justaguy, May 12, 2009.

1. FinallyFree

FinallyFree Gold Meritorious Patron

Happy to help!:yes:

2. FinallyFree

Okay Corn Pie - did my best! Let me know if you need moar! (OMG I just used my very first Anon word! :p )

3. skydog

skydog Patron Meritorious

You are right cornpie:you don't need a lawyer or anyone else to tell you what to do. Just go about your business with the confidence that only the truly stupid can possess. Thanks for answering my question. Good luck to you.

4. justaguy

justaguy Patron Meritorious

us "wogs" sometimes have dreams where we're back in school, and it's the day of the test, and we haven't studied and we *really* need to pass this one.

do any of you ex-staff (ex-SO included, prolly) have the same dream? has it been replaced by a dream where it's thursday at 1:30 and you realize you've been goofing off all week and your stats are down or something?

5. clamicide

clamicide Gold Meritorious Patron

Me personally, I somehow escaped that first dream, even when I was in school. Never dreamed about having goofed off at the org....don't think my psyche could stretch reality that far when it came to orgland. Had Scio-based nightmares for years, though. Mostly of being yelled at again, or running from seniors, or doing admin on folders. The common thread was the terror I felt while on staff. Used to have them several times a night, every night. Now, maybe once a month if I'm unlucky. Freedom rocks.

6. FinallyFree

so funny you ask. I used to have nightmares that other staff would show up at my door and I couldn't "fight them off". I just had one the other night. sort of a foggy memory of a dream where my will was fading and I could feel myself getting sucked back into the cult. Very disturbing.

I think most of my fear came from what I was worried about while awake though. My bad dreams are usually my creative brain spinning some realistic “story” about whatever is bothering me most at the time. When I wake up it lingers and I am upset. But by the time I finishing waking up and realize that I no longer feel that way – that it was all ‘just a dream’ the feeling fades and I find myself again.

The reality of what people go through is much worse than any nightmare I have had about scientology or being back on staff.

After I left staff I worried a lot about recovery attempts. It was a little bit of a problem for me. You know just to be aware enough that you don’t want to be on staff anymore, that you want to start separating yourself from scientology, and to yet also be aware that you could still be handled if they knew just the right buttons to push, and being afraid that someone will figure it out and get you before you “recover” to the point that you are no longer recoverable. Any other Ex’s feel this way. Sort of being afraid to have a scientological conversation because you are aware that you are still ‘recoverable’??

I am VERY over that now –

7. justaguy

That's no good. I think a relationship between a cat and its owner should never be degraded by the suggestion that the cat is a degraded being.

Just one more good part of life somehow tainted by scientology.

Here's a question:

In all the photos I've ever seen, the entrance hall to the org looks fairly dark. The DC org comes to mind. Is there a reason for that?

8. justaguy

Nevermind, that one has a fairly easy answer.

Here's another one.

LRH was nice to people sometimes, like, genuinely nice. I've read a number of accounts where he does something that's actually sweet.

Has DM ever been nice to anyone? Has anyone ever witnessed that?

9. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

He gave Rinder a scotch after beating him up. That's nice, isn't it?

Paul

10. justaguy

:duh: Not what I was thinking of. Is there any examples of him doing something genuinely nice or caring? I can find the LRH example if you want.

11. DCAnon

DCAnon Silver Meritorious Patron

The infection starts. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

12. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

I can't think of a single example. When I was around in the mid 80s, everyone at the Int base was terrified of him.

13. FinallyFree

I only ever saw DM in person once. He was coming down the basement hallway from ASHO to LA Org about midnight one night. He was surrounded by security and some int staff - he looked like he was going to kill someone. He looked pissed and I was definitely intimidated. I looked him in the eyes and immediately regretted it. There was nothing kind or caring at all in those eyes. Frankly there is a dark contrast between “working” for scientology and working for “wogs” – if I stay 1 hour late at work, not only does my boss acknowledge it, but out of concern for me and my family sends me home. And there I was, young (therefore not threatening), dedicated, working late into the night and all DM has for me is distaste and contempt and he didn’t even know me. Big difference working for a “church” huh? DM CAN’T be genuinely nice or caring – if he was he could never explain to himself all the beatings he delivers. He is an abuser. He is a very little, ity bity bully PERIOD. You can’t go around beating your staff the way he does and has been for years and have any feeling of kindness or caring for your victims – not genuinely.

14. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

On another thread I told the following tale:
    That thread is full of marvellous insight into your question, justaguy.
    Check it out http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=8481

15. justaguy

Okay, I just saw a "chart" that had Suri Cruise listed as the reincarnation of one Lafayette Ron Hubbard.

So, two questions:
    a) is it true?
    b) What are the chances that Suri grows up to take over the church?

16. CornPie

CornPie Patron Meritorious

Your definition of "truly stupid" seems to be people who don't grab the money -- or people who prioritize money ahead of their principles.

Your definition of "stupid" matches my definition of "integrity". I hope you're not in law enforcement, or banking, or government. But I hear scientology is looking for people.

17. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

Whose chart? Is there a link?

18. FinallyFree

I saw that chart. I dunno if the rumors about Suri are true. No one will take over the "church" while DM is there.

19. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

20. justaguy

actually, that brings to mind another question.

assuming the church is around that far from now, what are the chances that suri goes into the sea org?

if she did, would the media frenzy focused on the sea org destroy it?

edit: yes, the previous question was silly. this one is (slightly) less so.