What's new

Kathryn's Story of OSA and insanity

WrongPlaceRightTime

Patron Meritorious
Yes, this story is far out. It's amazing that she was able to write it after all of that. I didn't know one could return from a mental break like that. I have read that story previously and I speculate that my father experienced something like this. I will never know for sure, but from an outside perspective, it seems like one part of his experience. He went way manic and paranoid in the last five month. :sad:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
How sad. How great for her sharing. These things need to be continually exposed. Each story adds to the pile of stories.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
How sad. How great for her sharing. These things need to be continually exposed. Each story adds to the pile of stories.

She later testified in CW. "Kathryn' is a good friend of mine - that period was awful, part of the reason for her treatment was for being in comm with me.

johnAnchovie

Still raging
Could have been me too

Jesus that is possibly one of the most powerful exposes of CoS I have ever read, and I have read a lot.

I was being 'gang bang' sec checked by RTC for a while, at one point I felt my mind cracking. I looked theRTC rep in the eyes and said that I just built a wall in mind, and you can go up to that wall, but you cannot pass through.

They stopped sec checking me that day, they also removed all those 'sessions' from the PC folder, an aspect that I find most interesting.

Give my love to Katheryn Mick, she has my utter and complete admiration.

J.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
I've posted links to Kathryns story several times (OCMB). I like to call it a 'first person view' on the insanity of Scientology. It's like being there yourself!

I fought the thing she tells about in my own mind.. Not nearly as bad. But I saw it at a distance.. I built a wall.. Like johnAnchovie said.

Suddenly it was terribly important to see what was being done to me.. What was really being done. - These people were lying. What they said was lies. What I had considered true was lies. These people were my enemies. Because of what they did and because they told me that -I- was in that condition. I should expect nothing but 'Fair Game' I realized.

Strangely, accepting as a fact that I was really and SP helped me keep my shit together. In a sad way.. I was quite fatalistic. And paranoid in a stangely detached way. I expected Fair Game every day for years..

I don't think I'll ever try to tell much about it. To stupid and too unreal.. Embarassing too. It was nothing compared to what Kathryn went through. Just enough that I understand her very well..

Kathryns story is important seen in relation to what happened to Lisa McPherson, and now Martine Boublil.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
She later testified in CW. "Kathryn' is a good friend of mine - that period was awful, part of the reason for her treatment was for being in comm with me.

Oh Mick.
I cried when I read it. I didn't experience anything quite so horrible, but the potential was there - and most of all because it happened at all! I think it was the part where her husband started to see from her viewpoint and supported her, and thus saved her life, was the bit that got me most. All too often it is the other way around, where you are abandoned totally because family follow what they are told rather than the path of love.

If you are in contact with her, please give her my heartfelt thanks for writing this.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I've posted links to Kathryns story several times (OCMB). I like to call it a 'first person view' on the insanity of Scientology. It's like being there yourself!

I fought the thing she tells about in my own mind.. Not nearly as bad. But I saw it at a distance.. I built a wall.. Like johnAnchovie said.

Suddenly it was terribly important to see what was being done to me.. What was really being done. - These people were lying. What they said was lies. What I had considered true was lies. These people were my enemies. Because of what they did and because they told me that -I- was in that condition. I should expect nothing but 'Fair Game' I realized.

Strangely, accepting as a fact that I was really and SP helped me keep my shit together. In a sad way.. I was quite fatalistic. And paranoid in a stangely detached way. I expected Fair Game every day for years..

I don't think I'll ever try to tell much about it. To stupid and too unreal.. Embarassing too. It was nothing compared to what Kathryn went through. Just enough that I understand her very well..

Kathryns story is important seen in relation to what happened to Lisa McPherson, and now Martine Boublil.

I know what you mean.

The insanity of the GO/OSA viewpoint is beyond words. So very cruel, in the name of 'saving humanity'.

I don't think Martine's story is here yet, do you know if there's a good translation yet?

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I'm collecting these stories for the new Ex Scn site - so if anyone knows where these gems are buried, please let me know! Some are hard to find. :)

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
I understand it for I fought it myself. It was the massive O/W's ups, you get so you can't do a thing right.

There is more to it but one after talking to others who make sense for a while one starts to come to some logical sense. I had friends and a social worker to talk to. Not a lot of friends but some.

Barb

nw2394

Silver Meritorious Patron
I don't think I'll ever try to tell much about it. To stupid and too unreal.. Embarassing too.

So what that it is stupid, unreal or embarassing. You should unload the story sometime - this place is for healing as much as anything.

Gang bang sec checks are not just lies - they are reverse or black auditing deisgned to cause harm. Yelling at a pc in session, refusing to accept O/Ws offered (as detailed in Kathryn's story) are reverse auditing. The mind set that justifies or allows this sort of thing to even exist in *any* environment that purports to be religious or provide counselling is black scn. Get it out of your system.

I had a quickie gang bang sec check off some CMO Int missionairres because I knew Jon Atack quite well in '83 - even a quickie can be a very disorientating experience until you realise it wasn't your fault - and what was being done wasn't designed to help.

Nick

Wisened One

Crusader
Oh yeah, I read this story not too long ago...so glad she made it out alive (and barely, huh?)

Thanks for posting/sharing!

Wisened One

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Oh Mick.
I cried when I read it. I didn't experience anything quite so horrible, but the potential was there - and most of all because it happened at all! I think it was the part where her husband started to see from her viewpoint and supported her, and thus saved her life, was the bit that got me most. All too often it is the other way around, where you are abandoned totally because family follow what they are told rather than the path of love.

If you are in contact with her, please give her my heartfelt thanks for writing this.

I will certainly pass on all the good wishes.

She left me a voice mail in the middle of it all which I kept for a very long time as a reminder of what Scientology does to people.

She has recovered and is doing extremely well, she has helped several other people who have gone through this.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
A reminder to 'It Can't Happen Here' types that it's the same incomprehension common to never-been Scientologists asking how anyone could fall for Scientology.

One way or another, we all stand on the brink and, it's hubris to be smug.

Part of what's great about ESMB (and other 'ex' forums) is that it's a revelation to all of how slippery the slope is and how very liable we all are, to one thing or another.

Zinj

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Addendum

I got an email from the lady (Kathryn) who originally wrote this story.

I found I am on your board and people have viewed my story.
What is missing is the later PS - My real name is Nancy Many (which (OSA) always knew. in fact they contacted me the day it went up. I have since testified against them in the Lisa McPherson Hearing. Just google my name. I am here to help any one or any family going thru what I went thru. I have done lots of study and there are many holistic helpful ways to help get the person back. E-mail me at [email protected]

She also added:

Can you please add this to the end or beginning of the story. There are too many people going thru or almost going thru what I went thru.
And thank you for posting this story here. I do get responses from readers of it on other boards, but never yours.
thanks so much,
nancy AKA Kathryn

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
FTS - Thank you for posting this. You can tell Nancy she now knows another long-time Scn who was put into a psychotic break by Scn. The same thing happened to me, and felt just as alone, and resonated with every word of her story.

klidov

Thank you Free to Shine & Emma.

This was a very difficult story to read. It was so frustrating as someone who has medical training (and nursing degrees) to read her story and to imagine the hell her poor mind was going through. And it was all so unnecessary.

(WTF is wrong with this Cult??!? They are so busy covering their own collective asses that they would allow this torment?)

I am so sorry for this Woman's (unnecessary) pain! I have my own guesses as to what caused her psychotic break, but they would be only guesses. And the point is it happened, and she was cast aside & punished for being all-too-human.

The lunatics are running the asylum.

Carmel

Crusader
Thank you Free to Shine & Emma.

This was a very difficult story to read. It was so frustrating as someone who has medical training (and nursing degrees) to read her story and to imagine the hell her poor mind was going through. And it was all so unnecessary.

(WTF is wrong with this Cult??!? They are so busy covering their own collective asses that they would allow this torment?)

I am so sorry for this Woman's (unnecessary) pain! I have my own guesses as to what caused her psychotic break, but they would be only guesses. And the point is it happened, and she was cast aside & punished for being all-too-human.
The lunatics are running the asylum.

There's no doubt that she was being given 'reverse auditing'/'black scientology'. That's enough by itself to cause a psychotic break or nervous breakdown. In the opinion of many, the condition she found herself in, would have been the direct result of the 'auditing' she received. The state they put her in was intended and suited their purposes. She was no longer perceived as a potential threat or threat, so no wonder then, that they just cast her aside.

Penalty and/or punishment, was and is all too prevalent within the CofS, as a means of dealing with any and all kinds of dissent.

Challenge

I'm collecting these stories for the new Ex Scn site - so if anyone knows where these gems are buried, please let me know! Some are hard to find. :)

Search ARS/Arnie's site for David Voorhies and Roxanne Richards. There's another very poignant one that Warriior posted on ARS years ago, but I don't remember the name.

CHLNG