What's new

Katie Holmes Finally Dumps Tom Cruise (and hopefully Scientology)

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
In all I've read about Scientology I've come across nothing to explain how DM could have someone idolise him...I mean, what? Does he have a second penis or something?There doesn't seem to be anything intrinsically attractive about him.

:no:

Power. True believers "know" that he holds the keys to their eternal salvation, or rather, that he can consign them to eternal damnation, or the Scientology equivalents. You don't want to even harbour bad thoughts about someone like that, if you a cultie. Apart from the eternal downside, in this lifetime the moment you get excommunicated all the true-blue culties stop talking to you, including family and business contacts. That can be a disaster.

Paul

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Power. True believers "know" that he holds the keys to their eternal salvation, or rather, that he can consign them to eternal damnation, or the Scientology equivalents. You don't want to even harbour bad thoughts about someone like that, if you a cultie.

Paul

Love and fear in equal measure.

Power. True believers "know" that he holds the keys to their eternal salvation, or rather, that he can consign them to eternal damnation, or the Scientology equivalents. ...

Just like catholicism.

200px-Emblem_of_the_Papacy_SE.svg.png

Mark A. Baker

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
In all I've read about Scientology I've come across nothing to explain how DM could have someone idolise him...I mean, what? Does he have a second penis or something?There doesn't seem to be anything intrinsically attractive about him.

I've talked to church members who did so. I was in CofS at the time and my reaction was, "WTF? He's a manager. He's not source." It seemed odd to me even then.

Now, it occurs to me that people "give altitude" give props, etc, to leaders. It's a cultic phenomenon but also can be found in other venues. People seem to often need that.

CofS is Tom's church. He loves it. He credits Scn with saving him. Rightly or wrongly, that's how he feels. So the head of the cult seems special to a guy like that. DM is not without magnetism. He can walk the walk. And, who knows, they could be lovers. Whether or not they actually sleep together, there's evidently a very very close relationship together. And DM is an authority figure for many.

I think it's like having the President or a Prime Minister being your friend, seeking you out. Even if you didn't vote for him, you might be insanely flattered.

There evidently is a sheeple aspect to this.

OperatingSP

Patron with Honors

I've talked to church members who did so. I was in CofS at the time and my reaction was, "WTF? He's a manager. He's not source." It seemed odd to me even then.
I've talked to many Scientologists who speak of and about DM the same way, and with the same tone and deference, as people used to speak of and about Ron. I must admit, to me it was not only WTF, but also disturbing.

It reminded me that there are people who want, or need, structure. Who want, or need, to be led. Who want, or need, a leader.

A cult of personality does not do well without a living personality.

It also made me realize, yet again, my age. Ron "dropped his body" 26 years ago. Many younger, and particularly second and third generation Scientologists, have no memory of him being alive. To them, Ron is a historical, increasingly mythological, figure. Increasing like, if not Moses, or Jesus Christ, then perhaps Brigham Young or Mary Baker Eddy. They grew up in the regime of DM.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I noticed at Wal Mart today that there is NOTHING on the magazine covers regarding Katie and TomTurd! NOT A DROP! NOTHING! That is really good news - see how the CULT controls others to get the bad PR out - even TomTurd is not immune to Slappy and his command intention. Tom got the divorce over quickly to protect the PR of the CULT -

he got SHOCKED AND AWED by a 33 year old woman who is not OATEE and HE IS OATEE ATE!! Is he cause over his life! Does not appear to be the case. How much has he spent on Scientology - millions and millions I am sure!

It will be interesting to see what happens to him - there is no more Bridge to distract him through this divorce and he will be experiencing all of the LOSSES from each and every divorce with nothing he can do in Scientology except Supah Powah - so maybe he will give Slappy $220 million to make Supah Powah a reality!

Stay tuned!!

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
She really is gorgeous!

Since she and Tom dated before (and she's only 27 years old now), I wonder if she was one of the Scientology rejects who didn't meet Tom's standards back when Shelly and David Miscavige were playing "Pimp That Bride!" resulting in Tom finding his perfect mate -- Katie Holmes?

TG1

He seems to be drawn to more of the "home spun" types - the "girl next door" type - wholesome looking! Also, someone he can control - 27 is the right age - would give her 5 years of bliss until the next divorce - and hopefully by then - the planet would be cleared!! A nice distraction whilst he gets fleeced from everything he owns! It is dangerous for his sister to be managing his life! :no: She's a devoted CLAM!

Esco

Patron
Scientology Trying To Discredit Katie Holmes, Ex Member Says She Has Seen Secret Memos

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...y-ex-member-reveals-secret-memos-katie-holmes

With Katie Holmes' split from Tom Cruise comes a disconnection from the Church of Scientology and one former member claims that instead of being excommunicated, she will be discredited and there are memos floating around the church regarding it.

“Disconnection is the main weapon of Scientology,” Samantha Domingo, ex-wife of Placido Domingo Jr., told The Hollywood Reporter. Samantha left the church in 2009 after 24 years and claims she was immediately declared a "suppressive person" by the church.

<read more at link>

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
And the band plays on...

ni3112_cover_main_180hpe5-180hped.jpg

If that is true I'm sure Katie doesn't give a shit. I'm sure she's just relieved to be out of there. The way she did the whole thing it would seem she didn't have one bit of real love for the guy.

Jump

Operating teatime
Katie is looking great without that cutesey i-wish-i-didn't-have-to-be-here lopsided smile.

:thumbsup:

dunzo-memo-katie-holmes.jpeg

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
If that is true I'm sure Katie doesn't give a shit. I'm sure she's just relieved to be out of there. The way she did the whole thing it would seem she didn't have one bit of real love for the guy.

Thrak, she loved him - once. I mean she really loved him. I think it burned itself out - by the way she was treated, by him, by scno/co$, as a non-entity, as an appendage to him, followed, coerced - punished for her independence - and not just by scno/co$ . . . .

Sometimes love dies - but there is always a reason. But TC, even though he knows everything and is better than human, almost a god, never has been able to figure out women, especially not his wives. He has the co$ pick 'em out. :confused2:

Mimi got dumped, unceremoniously, and in the long run got screwed. Nic got screwed unceremoniously. Kate, smarter, I think, and once the love she once felt was completely depleted, figured what was going to happen to her - eventually. So she did it to him first. It's not like he didn't have it coming. It is what he did to Nic.

All ya gotta do is treat a woman like a real person, honor and respect her. :yes: Love grows when it is nurtured. It dies when it is abused and/or starved to death.

Scorn a woman at your own peril.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Celebs tend to have relationship problems, anyway. The rate of divorce is pretty high amongst the general public, but I always thought that celebs divorce even more frequently.

They tend to be idiots.

But, in this case, my guess is that, notwithstanding the general idiocy of pampered self indulgent celebs, that TC's Scn fanaticism probably played a huge huge part in this and other divorces.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Serial monogamy is what some people call it, but in some cases, it's promiscuity by another name. I know, I know, that's judgemental, but I'm being honest about my opinion...

Marriage partners shouldn't be like the leased car you hand back every few years, to get a new model in a brighter shade of red.

It takes a lifetime to love someone fully.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
All ya gotta do is treat a woman like a real person, honor and respect her. :yes: Love grows when it is nurtured. It dies when it is abused and/or starved to death.

Scorn a woman at your own peril.

You mean no watching a football game, smoking, and balancing an ashtray on her behind while doing it doggie style? I just don't get why some women get pissed off over that. Damn! No sense of humor. No wonder why DM sent Shelly into exile!

Pete

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Serial monogamy is what some people call it, but in some cases, it's promiscuity by another name. I know, I know, that's judgemental, but I'm being honest about my opinion...

Marriage partners shouldn't be like the leased car you hand back every few years, to get a new model in a brighter shade of red.

It takes a lifetime to love someone fully.

I get what you're saying and I always did like the term "Serial Monogamy". One sees a lot of that in CofS as I'm sure you know, too.

That makes sense but I will say this- I have a lot of friends who've gotten divorced. In some cases, the spouse was addicted to drugs or alcohol and wouldn't get help. In others, the person lowered the boom on them, "I'm with somebody else yadda yadda". (and what's interesting is that in several cases, the person wanting the divorce tried to come back to the wife, realizing a mistake had been made and the wife was like, "I've moved on. I'm sorry, but no.") I had one friend who divorced her husband because he was a Nudist, wouldn't stop forcing it on her and she had a teenage daughter at the time. I have another friend who was divorced twice. First guy played favorites with the kids- blatantly. As in "I didn't want YOU to come over here. I wanted your brother over here." And "I never ever loved you" plus a massive amount of alcoholism and constant verbal abuse. Pregnant with their 3rd child when he really went over the line, she inwardly vowed to dump the bastard. She waited til the youngest was in school so that she could do it. Then she did.

Then she married a bank exec who, the minute they were married, changed completely. Wanked off at the breakfast table as if she weren't there, took her on a vacation trip to Ireland and proceeded to scream and bitch and howl the whole time, making her life hell. Made her sign a promissory note to his parents for the privilege of living with him.

So she divorced him.

I think a lot of people do give up too easily and I agree with you about that. But there are some people out there who are very confused, very damaged and then they get married and their spouse spends years going "What the FUCK?" til they get smart and dump them or get dumped.

So it varies.

(but you know I say that a lot!)

I'm lucky. My husband has well night super-human patience. :coolwink:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I get what you're saying and I always did like the term "Serial Monogamy". One sees a lot of that in CofS as I'm sure you know, too.

That makes sense but I will say this- I have a lot of friends who've gotten divorced. In some cases, the spouse was addicted to drugs or alcohol and wouldn't get help. In others, the person lowered the boom on them, "I'm with somebody else yadda yadda". (and what's interesting is that in several cases, the person wanting the divorce tried to come back to the wife, realizing a mistake had been made and the wife was like, "I've moved on. I'm sorry, but no.") I had one friend who divorced her husband because he was a Nudist, wouldn't stop forcing it on her and she had a teenage daughter at the time. I have another friend who was divorced twice. First guy played favorites with the kids- blatantly. As in "I didn't want YOU to come over here. I wanted your brother over here." And "I never ever loved you" plus a massive amount of alcoholism and constant verbal abuse. Pregnant with their 3rd child when he really went over the line, she inwardly vowed to dump the bastard. She waited til the youngest was in school so that she could do it. Then she did.

Then she married a bank exec who, the minute they were married, changed completely. Wanked off at the breakfast table as if she weren't there, took her on a vacation trip to Ireland and proceeded to scream and bitch and howl the whole time, making her life hell. Made her sign a promissory note to his parents for the privilege of living with him.

So she divorced him.

I think a lot of people do give up too easily and I agree with you about that. But there are some people out there who are very confused, very damaged and then they get married and their spouse spends years going "What the FUCK?" til they get smart and dump them or get dumped.

So it varies.

(but you know I say that a lot!)

I'm lucky. My husband has well night super-human patience. :coolwink:

I understand what you're saying - there are no good reasons to stay in an abusive relationship, and I would never tell anyone they should. Otherwise it's about learning together and being totally commited to each other. If the relationship is a living hell, that can't be sorted out, it should probably be let go. Sad.

... Marriage partners shouldn't be like the leased car you hand back every few years, to get a new model in a brighter shade of red. ...

And public transport can be risky. All of which is why I'm an advocate of walking. It gets you where you're going and you don't have to be concerned about whose been filling the tank, what they were putting in it, or what was sitting on the seat before you got on. :omg:

Mark A. Baker :biggrin: