ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Keeping Scientology Working and OTIII Evaluations

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by lionheart, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

What I like about scientology is that it provides a useful framework to facilitate the experience of cognitions/epiphanies. Many techniques for generating such experiences exist, however I find that scientology auditing can be particularly effective in achieving such.

Mark A. Baker

2. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Like buying a shoe so that you can 'adjust' your feet to fit.

Zinj

3. If there is one thing we can all agree it is that Scientologists are masters at adjusting their feet to fit whatever it is Hubbard convinced them is a shoe

[​IMG]

4. Winston Smith

Winston Smith Flunked Scientology

What I like about music is the better one becomes as a performer, the more fantastic the experience. There is no describing the euphoria when playing great chamber music with other good performers. (Not quite what you expected, but the end result is the pure joy you envision.)

5. Speaking of euphoric performances L. Ron Hubbard is to music as Scientology is to spirituality.

http://www.vimeo.com/5545170

[​IMG]

6. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

Looks like you have some confusion here, because you have been talking about this situation repeatedly for quite some time.

Have you taken any steps to address this confusion? Where do you suppose this confusion began?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  7. ...says the man who after 8,300 posts still hasn't been able to get beyond the word "dramitization" ... maybe the next time you see your therapist you should ask him why you waste so much time on this board trying to distract people from the truth

8. Pierrot

Pierrot Patron with Honors

Nice choice of words, Vinaire, huh...? - if we agreed Hubbard's work was con-sistent rather than consistent we could end this thread right here.

When asked "was Hubbard a genius or a con-man" I reply "a genius comes with his flaws. And if his intention was only to con he could have done 1/2 of his work, no - 1/100th of his works, and still have power and money and a more extravagant life"

No, he didn't lose control as far as the Tech and its function is concerned. He delivered. The structure of the Tech, the presentation, might have been different if he was, let's say, a Swiss and neutral. Maybe the Tech would have been more organized and run like a clock.

We played it "allegro presto", now an interlude, time for an "adagio lento' and then back into the groove again. A thread has to breathe a bit ;-)

9. Pepin

Pepin Patron with Honors

What does that have to do with the majority of people thinking they are a body?

That IS what we were talking about.OTIII case/charge, stimulation etc...

10. Pepin

Pepin Patron with Honors

Well how does someone know the future !?!! Duh!!:duh:

11. Where are you getting this "majority" from? I'm not sure I've ever never met a person who thinks they are just a body ... have you?

12. Sadly yes....and I've dated a few, too! :p

13. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

I also wonder if I have time for these discussions. Right now I don't have much time, so will re read your post later today. I am glad to have your story about your history as a staffer.
    I'm looking forward to you "tying up those loose ends"
    But, not to put too finer point on it, please don't try to stitch me up when you do it. Terril has labelled or described you as an "intellectual", and I have said that you seem to see yourself as smarter than others. Please don't try to bend my mind around things that you said in haste about DMSMH only to find that they are not true and have to be very creatively coached into line with the idea that if YOU said it or thought it, that it MUST be true, someway, somehow, through some paradigm or some perspective. Sometimes people just make a mistake.

14. I guess if you put it that way, I know plenty of people who think people other than themselves are just bodies.

15. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

You confused; you've dated people who thought that *you* were just a body :)

Zinj

16. Sigh... :eyeroll: Too true, they totally missed me! :melodramatic:

17. Winston Smith

Uh, sadly I might add that they only thought of you as a body.

18. Hah! Great minds think alike!

19. Winston Smith

I don't want to pull a Sneakster, but in 45 years in the music profession I have never seen "allegro presto" notated. Likewise I don't think I have ever seen "adagio lento." Presto is very very fast, allegro is lively. Adagio is "at ease." Lento is usually very slow, in fact so slow that we fall asleep playing, unless it is Beethoven or Mahler. NOW, add "molto" to adagio, and that is in lento territory. Add "molto" to either allegro or presto and all bets are off on how fast it ends up.

Just ruminations of an old fart classical musician. Not criticizing really.

20. Pierrot

Pierrot Patron with Honors

Thanks for straightening that up from the Classical Musician perspective. I love listening to Mahler, it's pure aesthetics to me. I guess if I was a pianst I'd be more into Beethoven. I love Villa-Lobos, I wished he'd have composed more for guitar.

Nowadays I study Barrios. I like to play it as close as possible to the original score instructions. And after I can play it, I include what I learned into Jazz, adding technique, flavours, etc.