ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Kim Loss

Discussion in 'Leaving Scientology' started by AnonKat, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Feral

Feral Rogue male

One other thing, OEO's comment isn't about you, it's his signature line, it appears on ALL of his posts.

Definitely not to be taken personally!

2. Jquepublic

Jquepublic Silver Meritorious Patron

Oh! LOL well thanks for that and good to know! I did think it was directed at me. :)

Going to check out the thread you referenced next.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  3. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Hi Kim! Welcome to ESMB.
    For me the bottom line is; I'm happy that you're happy! :happydance:

4. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Hi Kim,
    One of my jobs is connecting up people to tech terminals.
    Worldwide. And their are many gaps. like Africa is real difficult!

If you still wish to audit let me know and where you are. :)

basic2basic@yahoo.com

5. Jquepublic

Thank you, Panda. :) And thanks, Feral for the link to the previous discussion. It was a good read.

Terril, I will drop you a line.

6. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

Hi Kim and welcome to the board!

It's great to see you here. :happydance:

7. Jquepublic

Thanks Emma for the welcome. :)

8. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

Welcome Kim. You are well spoken.

Glad you're here.

[​IMG]

9. skollie

skollie Silver Meritorious Patron

10. Winston Smith

Winston Smith Flunked Scientology

Why is it I feel ill when I read Hubbardspeak? Doubleplus Ungood to have this feeling.

11. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Geeeze - those SP comments at Martyworld are a fairly clear indication of what the radical Independents' position is on disconnection. After KSW, the second shred of scripture that needs binning is the PTS/SP Doctrine. The idea that children should be separated from their parents for the "greater good" is a stark indication of the Evil at the core of Scientology.

12. Outethicsofficer

Outethicsofficer Silver Meritorious Patron

Thanks Kev,
    Yes Kim ceratinly not directed at you, in New Zealand we have the Paua, Abalone in other areas and it is beautiful shell too. Used to make Maori jewellery.

James

13. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Here's a suggestion, Kim, that I've made several times to different people here. With regard to your "story," the way to do it on a blog or message board is just to write it as it comes out. It will *not* be like a properly edited book, as it will not come to mind nice and ordered and in neat chronological order. It will come out in the order that it is stacked up in your mind.

Start a thread, call it "Kim's Story" or "Tales from the Deep" or whatever you want to. Just add bits as you want to. But the thing is to realise that it *will* come out in the order it needs to, and won't be as neat as a proper autobiography. It will be disjointed, and things will come to mind later that seem like they should have gone in an earlier post, and so on.

It doesn't matter! The action of writing it is cathartic. It's often more interesting to read it that way too, complete with freshly-released emotions, than a neatly-edited version done later.

Once you've pretty much finished, in that there's nothing else you think you ought to say except wishing it were all tidier, then if you want you can go back over the "first draft" and edit it into something neater. If you're wanting to publish a book, then yes, it should be tidied up. But first off? Nah. Just start a thread and write it, in the order it wants to come out.

:)

Paul

14. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

^^^THIS

Writers don't just sit down and start at the beginning. First comes the notes, the rough drafts, characterisations, pen-portraits, and the like. These tentative beginnings are often the sweetest of all the offerings. Someone who appreciates these incomplete musings and tests of ideas will find the soul of the writer along with the kernel of the subsequently finished, printed and published version.

And, YES! The act of writing is indeed a cartharsis, even a therapy all of its own. There's the initial relief at getting something "out" even when dealing with wee facts and capers. Also writing them out assists in putting them into some sort of order. The therapeutic value (IMNSHO) comes after more writing when, later on, we return to the earlier stuff and see whether the original order of understanding has changed and/or whether it fits differently into other writings than first perceived.

So, to Kim - and everyone else - do some writing. Its good for you.

15. anonomog

anonomog Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome Kim :happydance:
    I will be looking forward to reading your story.

I can respect your wish to do what feels right for you, in your life, at this time.
    Look, if you start publishing your success stories on the murdering virgins in your basement tech vol1.21, it could get a bit volatile. Success stories on this board have a, lets say, a volatile history :whistling:.

16. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

welcome

Welcome Kim :coolwink:

I am glad you chimed in here to put some veil assumptions to rest.

17. AngeloV

AngeloV Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome, Kim.

Don't know you but as long as you are not giving any money to the church, you're OK by me.

18. Jquepublic

Thanks for the welcomes, and no worries, I don't have any intention of posting "wins" and I'm not interested in shoving my own ideas down anyone else's throat. I reserve the right to discuss and defend my beliefs, though! But from what I've read so far, most of the people here seem open to opinions other than their own, so things should go just fine.

19. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Welcome, Kim! Looking forward to reading more :)

Mary

20. dianaclass8

dianaclass8 Silver Meritorious Patron

Hi Kim, welcome to ESMB! You are a brave soul, well done for gaining your independence and for not being a follower, it is so refreshing to read you here...:happydance:

Diana