What's new

LA Premiere: “Inside the Scientology Celebrity Centre: An Ex-Parishioner Reveals All”

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: LA Premiere: “Inside the Scientology Celebrity Centre: An Ex-Parishioner Reveals

It would be great if Steve appeared in some of Karen's vids, acting out his regging experiences as the hapless victim with as much real script as he can remember. :thumbsup:

yeah, and show to people that it is LRHs school, not DMs....:coolwink:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Re: LA Premiere: “Inside the Scientology Celebrity Centre: An Ex-Parishioner Reveals

I will exercise my 1st amendment rights to write anything on this message board I know to be true from my own experience in life.

This includes people dead or alive. Dead people do not really give a damn what ESMB says about them. and they do not come alive to be re-buried because ESMB covers actual time track truths such as the fabulous post by Helluva Hoax.

keep-calm-and-kick-his-ass-5.png

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron

Panda and I are good, We had more communication and I understand his paradigm (lens and viewpoint based on own time track.) He is still my dear Panda

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

Panda and I are good, We had more communication and I understand his paradigm (lens and viewpoint based on own time track.) He is still my dear Panda

What??? Panda got off way to easy. He deserved at the least, a spanking for being a bad Panda. :biggrin:

Gib

Crusader

Gib.....
"I assume he is fine"? I know you're joking....but FTR:
Those actions were done in the 70's! :omg:
"Dave" sent him to the RPF over the FORK in the 90's! :angry::nervous:
After that, they kicked him out of the Sea Org, AFTER he did
a full Narconon Program his Sea Org WIFE had to pay for! :no: Not Ok!

So is he "Fine"? My guess? :no:

I'll ask again: Anyone who knew Tony Klock, have any of you ANY more recent info?

Thanks to ALL :)

Tory/Magoo

actually I wasn't joking. Why did "Dave" send him to the RPF?

To get reprogramming and back on the programming that scientology is the only route. DM is robotically following LRH dictates. IMHO, DM is a true believer, and at all costs, just like LRH. LOL

Hey Sarge, build me a super duper highly charged E-meter to get rid of the last of the last of the BT's, so I can circle some stars. LOL

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron

If you think I don't read the threads I post in, you underestimate me - and what you call "all the shit that's flown", may be exactly what has helped me to come to a better conclusion about certain issues. :)

I found some of the posts about that guy helpful.

Sorry about that, MrNobody---I in no way meant to underestimate you!
I'm sorry if it came across that way.

Glad this thread is helping you see the issues better. Would you like to share them?
(No pressure---just a asking).

:flowers:

Tory/Magoo

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron

actually I wasn't joking. Why did "Dave" send him to the RPF?

To get reprogramming and back on the programming that scientology is the only route. DM is robotically following LRH dictates. IMHO, DM is a true believer, and at all costs, just like LRH. LOL

Hey Sarge, build me a super duper highly charged E-meter to get rid of the last of the last of the BT's, so I can circle some stars. LOL

Gib....

He pitched him onto the RPF (Slave camp) due to "His Tone Level isn't right" :eyeroll:

Miscavige is FOS and endlessly attacks others. He is a 100% JACK ASS, imnsho. :angry:

Tory/Magoo

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

Sorry about that, MrNobody---I in no way meant to underestimate you!
I'm sorry if it came across that way.

Glad this thread is helping you see the issues better. Would you like to share them?
(No pressure---just a asking).

Tory/Magoo

You'd really want to read that? :biggrin:

OK, here's my picture as far as I've completed it. Some pieces of the puzzle(s) are still missing or haven't been placed correctly yet, but here's what I have so far:

Mr. Mango:

- I can still stand by the statements I've already made about him/his movie in this thread and that's pretty much it, for now.

Mr Katselas:

- He was an acting-teacher/coach (dox available in this thread).

- He was not as legendary as some people here want to make him appear to be. (no dox available, but if he really had been that legendary, I could probably find his methods mentioned in most books about acting and taught in almost every acting school "on this planet", which is not the case.

- He was a well-known and successful disseminator for the cult and has probably made quite a bit of money from his FSM commissions (dox available in this thread).

- He probably was a Hubbardite 'til the end of his days, as several posts (from some old ARS-posts as well as posts made here) indicate.

Roz Cohn:

- IMO, she's just a whitewasher and I don't see any good reasons for her being like that.

I mean: Why all the (kinda fanatical) mud-slinging at Mango? If he was (in her opinion) factually wrong with a statement he made in his movie, she could have messaged him about his views being different from hers. Then, IF Mango thought that she might have a point, he could have made a statement in Youtubes comment section or in the video description. But no, she had to fanatically demand that he edits or takes down his movie.

And all this because his movie is not 100% congruent with her views? Meh!

So Tory, there you have it. My sources, views and conclusions as far as I have 'em at this point in time. :)

koki

yeah...
and must ad to the list that "church" was good in LRHs days - bad in DM days... :coolwink:

Xenu's Boyfriend

I can't WAIT to watch this. The longer the better, I need an "epic" right now - an anti-Scientology 3 hour movie.

Popping the popcorn now.

:drama:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

I can't WAIT to watch this. The longer the better, I need an "epic" right now - an anti-Scientology 3 hour movie.

Popping the popcorn now.

:drama:

WB XB It would be my understanding that many scientologist for decades experience a number of scenes (to varied levels) while in scientology so it speaks soth to many of us exes.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron

I loved Steve's show especially because he SO nails
the disgusting, abusive regging techniques now used on young people.

I think he's the 1st young person who has SO correctly and in detail explained
what one experienced and why he left. Thank you, Steve.

To MrNobody--thank you. I think for the most part we agree, although MK did train some pretty
famous peeps. Here's his Wiki Page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_Katselas

It states re the Playhouse:
"The Playhouse

In 1978 Kateslas founded an acting school in Los Angeles called the Beverly Hills Playhouse, where he for 30 years gave acting classes.[5] He has a wide range of students, including Gene Hackman, Jason Beghe, Jenna Elfman, George Clooney, Alec Baldwin, Giovanni Ribisi, Tom Selleck, Michelle Pfeiffer, Ted Danson, Tony Danza, Jeffrey Tambor, Jay Huguley, Gene Reynolds, Tyne Daly, Mel Harris, Catherine Bell, Sofia Milos, Elizabeth Sung, Doris Roberts, Sheetal Sheth and others. A number of Hollywood celebrities were introduced to Scientology by means of Katselas' classes.[6][1] Many of the students felt alienated by the unspoken pressure to join the Church of Scientology however, and while Katselas was highly regarded as a teacher, his classes remained controversial.[7]

In his later years, Katselas became disaffected with the Church of Scientology. He eventually had a break with the organisation, when Scientologist Grant Cardone sent an e-mail accusing Katselas of improper sexual conduct with his students. Following the incident, a number of Scientology actors left the school."

:cheers: Here's to hoping Steve's show gets shown to schools, both HS and Colleges as well as businesses.
I think it could be *invaluable* in helping educate Young people (and all peeps) about this insidious CULT of $cientology.

Love to all :)

Tory/Magoo
PS: Roz did apologize today, on FB.

Xenu's Boyfriend

Just finished watching Steve's movie.

I think it is a tiny masterpiece of guerrilla theater/activism, and I loved the length and the topics he was able to cover - from LGBT issues to Shelley Miscavige. If the regging/induction section seems a bit long - I felt that the length helps one to understand the relentless nature of Scientology recruitment and why it eventually becomes so abusive. He breaks so much down, including the experience of the Purification Rundown and being pressured into joining the Sea Org.

The fact that he doesn't have the rights to most of the material he uses may suggest a filmmaker's naivety, but in some ways it makes it more powerful for me, because it isn't a documentary for HBO, but something that feels professional, yet "homegrown" and "grassroots" at the same time. It really shouldn't hold your attention for 2 and half hours with most of it just being a talking head looking at the screen, but Steve's innocence and genuine dismay at what happen to him makes the experience fresh to the listener. Even though I'd heard all those stories before told by other people, Steve's methodical explanation, and lack of hysteria but genuine bewilderment help bring out the true insanity of what he experienced. I think this is an invaluable tool to a younger generation who might get tricked into Scientology - Steve in the generation that they are recruiting in all their new videos - they even put him on a poster. This is a remarkable achievement and I applaud Steve.

I compare this to the Jason Beghe video. They are much different in tone: Jason's video is darker, distinguished by a real sense of pain and loss that makes it a beautiful portrait. Steve's honest, direct approach and the testimonial of his partner is devastating in a different way. I wish the ending was a little less compromising, but even that might be strategic - arguing for "reform" for the people who may not want to see the church dismantled but just changed or updated for 2014. Still, I ask the question of all of you - can a true cult be reformed or rehabilitated? The things Steve describes about Hubbard's philosophy seem endemic to what Scientology is at its very core. You can revise a practice, but can you revise a doctrine?

I wasn't going to comment on this, but I'm frustrated with Roz Cohn and this whole BHP, Katselas thing. The fact is that this section of the video may take up 1 minute, possibility less in 2 1/2 hour movie. I don't know if it is professional frustration or jealousy that is motivating her rampage, (perhaps she is threatened by Steve's direct approach which contrasts her own "showbiz-y" take), but she has managed to do in this thread what the best Scientology "moles and trolls" achieve - derail the conversation from a celebration of this young man's achievement to a debate on something tangential to the whole of the film.

I'm not trying to shame anyone who has weighed in on the controversy, but I just think that if Steve's effort suffers because of Roz Cohn's campaigning against him publicly and calling him a liar - it will be a real shame and an outrage. I watched the entire movie and while he might have articulated some aspects more clearly for some people's tastes - he covered a hell of a lot of information in what is still a short amount of time (this could easily be a 8-hour miniseries.) Katselas legacy will remain intact and the BHP will be fine.

What I want to focus on is the fact that it takes a hell of a lot of courage to tell your story against the cult, especially after suffering PTSD, and I think the focus should be on the fact that a work like Steve's (and Roz's) can literally save lives and should be encouraged and celebrated - especially by those of us who know what an artist is up against with CoS.

Congratulations Steve!

Last edited:

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron

In case you are late to this thread, here IS Steve's Show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKqOUMrCw8

Thank you, again, Steven! You NAILED It.

And happy Thursday before 2:00 to the OSA ops who HAVE to "handle" any black pr on Scn.
The truth is, this is NOT "Black Pr"....this IS what happened. You (OSA ops) KNOW IT.
FACE IT: $cientology is NOT what you joined for....years ago.

Here are their "Stats" :bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks: while they pretend they are "great" and :clapping:
:wtfu: to anyone still "In". At the LEAST...Watch this show and then ask yourself:
IS THIS WHY I JOINED SCIENTOLOGY?

Tory/Magoo
www.youtube.com/ToryMagoo44

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron

PS: Note to ex-Scios and critics (includes Anons, Indies, etc)...
To anyone who does care about Steve's show...please click on the link above...and make
a post, about ANY of the many facts he speaks of.

OSA Has managed to SPAM the entire chat section with BS. Just click on any of the 50 nicks
and see: They are empty, phony accounts. Each uses bad spelling and/or grammar to make it
look like morons are watching it, only. :eyeroll:

NO! You OSA Ops are the MORONS. TICK F*** TOCK. :omg:

And "Dave"? I've told you for 13 years...KARMA *will* come your way. :yes::yes::yes:

I think it's close :happydance:

Tory/Magoo~~Your local, friendly SP! :biggrin: