ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Lawyers @ Texas

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Lohan2008, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Lohan2008

Lohan2008 Gold Meritorious Patron

I do not understnd why the cult needs 16 lawyers to defend them in Monique Rathburn's harrassment claim.

One to argue, another to take notes. What do the other 14 lawyers do ??

Except for the LOLz when they trip each other up with interjections !

[video=youtube;clKi92j6eLE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clKi92j6eLE[/video]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  2. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

DM has been watching "war of the worlds' or some such recently. He needs a whole army to fend off the Martians. Is that PTS type Lawyer sub class 3 Martians? I have forgotten. Maybe you could TXT DM or Lou on your blackberry and ask for the scriptural reference as you think someone might be squirreling the tech. It would give DM something to do that was actually his 'hat'. LOL

3. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

IMO, the cult needs so MANY attorneys because CofS upper management is ultra paranoid.

I imagine that DM is scared shitless at the prospect of being deposed (just like LRH).
    Is DM scared of ultimately being found guilty of perjury if he is "put on the stand" in court?

4. Udarnik

Udarnik Gold Meritorious Patron

There are at least 3 entities to defend, and each has to pretend to be independent, so divide by 3. That's about 5 lawyers per entity. Still a bit too many cooks in the kitchen, though. But some of them, like the ex-Chief justice, are taking procedural notes for the appeals, some are arguing the case. It's very hard to do both at the same time, so 5 is probably 1 or 2 too high, but not unheard of.

The problem is, as we've seen, that these are not separate entities, and some of these goobers are in the room just for show. And with that, 15 or 16 is far too many not to step on each others' dicks, which is exactly what has happened once or twice. But hey, each body in the room is another set of billable hours, so the firms are quite happy to go along with Davy.

5. Lohan2008

Lohan2008 Gold Meritorious Patron

How is Cof$ going to argue that RTC, SCI, CST, etc, etc are sperate when there is 60 years of document association ???

6. Pooks

Pooks MERCHANT OF CHAOS

That delusional nutcase DM, thinks that the lawyers are somehow proof that each of these orgs are separate. He really thinks the judge is stupid enough (and some judges are pretty stupid) to not see through their antics.

DM is "stuck in a win". He's so out of touch with reality he thinks the strategy of his prior legal wins, will work in today's internet.

The cult has been fairly successful with their legal cases in the past because before 2008 and the advent of anonymous, it was just a few of us trying to figure out how to get Scn in the media. I'm talking no more than 50 people world wide trying to get the Scn abuses in the media to warn people of them. While all of us hoped we could bring down the cult, most of us only dreamed of it but didn't know if we'd see it in our lifetime.

This thing is snowballing and I'm loving it. Thanks to all who stand up and expose them.

snowball.gif

7. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

It is a tactic used to overwhelm the Judge and the Plaintiff. However, the TRUTH usually overwhelms the 20 attorney's as we are seeing unfold in the Monique Rathbun case with Super Hero Ray Jeffries and Super Aware Judge Dib Waldrip!:happydance::happydance:

8. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Too many lawyers spoil the kook.

Paul

9. Udarnik

Udarnik Gold Meritorious Patron

To get my black belt, I had to fight multiple attackers in the test. 2 on 1 is a bitch, 3 on 1 more so. But at 4, 5, and 6 on 1, you can put several of your attackers in between the others if you just keep your hands up and breathe. In life there is always an inverse "U" shaped dose response curve, going from too little to just right to too many. In business, the top of the "U" is called the point of diminishing returns.

The Co$ is well past the top of the inverted "U" and onto the downside, as the gotcha from the judge about the RTC lawyers arguing the wrong case showed. That's not even taking into consideration that their client is holding major pieces of information back from them, which is only going to make things worse.

10. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

"Inverted U" ... great concept / visual metaphor, Udarnik. Thanks.

TG1

11. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

Paul, that was very good.

:thumbsup:

12. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

Agreed!