What's new

Leah Remini admits on Larry King Now that she was a liar and a fraud

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
I found a few clips of a recent Larry King interview of Leah Remini. Leah admits that as a Scientologist, she was a fraud. I thought her admission was brave, humble, insightful and worthy of contemplation or discussion here. Rough transcript follows:

Larry King Now (15 December 2016) said:
Larry King: Did you see people get better?

Leah Remini: Uh, good question. Um, I saw people get better in, in, in ways that I can't say they couldn't have received that same help by talking to a bona fide therapist, or talking to a good friend.

LK: But they got help.

LR: Yes and no. Because Scientology as a whole is, is, I think, it's my opinion that it's fraudulent. Because everything in Scientology is a promise of when you get to these upper levels, when you get to these upper levels you will handle this in yourself, you will handle that in yourself.

Um, those upper levels are confidential. And they cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. So, it's a "Pay as you go" religion. You can't just show up to a church and get free services.

Of course they offer free services in the beginning. Um, but then as you actually progress, uh--

LK: So you can't be poor and be a Scientologist.

LR: No, not at all. Um, and ah, I've seen people cash in their 401Ks, I see them living ah, in a way um that is sacrificing their lives, their children.

LK: Do they have services?

LR: They don't. Um, they, they appear to be doing that. They put up a front that they believe in God or that it's secular, or that you can believe in anything, which is--

LK: That's a front.

LR: That's a front, and that's a lie.

LK: Yeah, but you were doing it all those years. Did you say I'm part of a front?

LR: No. I, like most Scientologists, believed that what I was doing was good. And I was only--

LK: --so people now in there doing what you were doing believe that what they're doing.

LR: No, but Larry, I was a liar. I knew that I was lying. So that's what I am admitting to you, that I--

LK: So you were a fraud.

LR: Correct.

Larry King Now on ORA.TV (15 December 2016)

PS: I get the context of Larry King's question or assertion that you can't be poor and be a Scientologist. But Leah, of course you can be poor and be a Scientologist, right? (Hint: Staff members; Sea Org members, bankrupted but still dedicated public.)

If Leah Remini, from where she was in the organization, knew that she was lying and a fraud, then Mike Rinder and Mark Rathbun, with far superior knowledge and personal participation, knew that Scientology was a fraud, and they were liars and frauds. They knew it at least from the early 1980s. Leah Remini might not have known that L. Ron Hubbard was a judicially declared pathological liar. But Rinder and Rathbun did because they fought, lied and defrauded to obtain that judgment for Hubbard and Scientology. (See Breckenridge Decision.)

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientology is a science of getting people to "believe" that anything good that happens to them is due to Scientology.

And - anything bad is due to themselves.

It is a total mind fuck.

We all lied.

Lurkers - stop lying to yourself.

Your life and sanity depend on it.

OSA - GET OUT!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Leah also said (during the same show) that she was delusional during the time that she was in. (during about the last 30 seconds of this clip)

[video=youtube;xUi8QLSp9gE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUi8QLSp9gE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientology is a science of getting people to "believe" that anything good that happens to them is due to Scientology.

And - anything bad is due to themselves.

It is a total mind fuck.

We all lied.

Lurkers - stop lying to yourself.

Your life and sanity depend on it.

OSA - GET OUT!

Scientology is also the "science" of getting people to believe that their impaired cognitive functioning and diminished critical thinking are "case gain."
(Not to mention an inverted moral compass.)

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I found a few clips of a recent Larry King interview of Leah Remini. Leah admits that as a Scientologist, she was a fraud. I thought her admission was brave, humble, insightful and worthy of contemplation or discussion here. Rough transcript follows:

PS: I get the context of Larry King's question or assertion that you can't be poor and be a Scientologist. But Leah, of course you can be poor and be a Scientologist, right? (Hint: Staff members; Sea Org members, bankrupted but still dedicated public.)

If Leah Remini, from where she was in the organization, knew that she was lying and a fraud, then Mike Rinder and Mark Rathbun, with far superior knowledge and personal participation, knew that Scientology was a fraud, and they were liars and frauds. They knew it at least from the early 1980s. Leah Remini might not have known that L. Ron Hubbard was a judicially declared pathological liar. But Rinder and Rathbun did because they fought, lied and defrauded to obtain that judgment for Hubbard and Scientology. (See Breckenridge Decision.)

The title of this thread is harsh, blunt, and true.
It's the type of headline that Freedom Magazine might run, but of course without the compassionate context you provide.

Scientology is so wholly destructive, it often takes years, sometimes decades...to peel off enough of the layers of deception to reveal it in all of it's naked indecency.
Compassion and humility are among the first qualities to fall prey to it's deceptions.

Leah Remini and Mike Rinder are regaining their humanity by speaking honestly and publicly about their experiences, both as perpetrator and as victims of Scientology.

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
watched that

i remember rinder talking about how miscavige wanted to go on larry king lol!

you're right poor people can be scientologists, slaves anyway

scientologists can't not be frauds

for starters unless they are ot8 and sea org and read all the secret confidential sea org policies they haven't yet learned what scientology is actually about

the leaks are allowing the public to find out what it is while the sheep stay blinded

funny...

the worlds still digesting what happened but the scientology worm dries up and dies in the sunlight

she's also avoiding the confidential mythology

like anytime anyone mentions narconon i wish they'd explain the reason behind the overdose of niacin and b1, it's not secular it's confidential scripture and a religious practice, selling it advertised as otherwise is fraud

they want insuracne money, good luck finding a legit medical reason or certification to treat body thetans, no wonder they fake medical credidations

narconon is not secular it's drawn from scientology ot materials and is treating body thetans not drugs

ref:

HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICESaint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, SussexHCO BULLETIN OF 29 JANUARY 1980

There are two factors regarding drugs: (1) There is the factor of residual drugs in the body,and (2) There are BTs and clusters who are stuck in whole track drug incidents which they aremocking up. These two factors are interactive.The residual drug deposit in the body causes a drug effect and tends to keep BTs andclusters in restimulation. It is this residual drug deposit that is gotten rid of by sweat out on thePurification Rundown.BTs and clusters who are stuck in whole track drug incidents continue to mock it up. Theyactually mock up the drug as well as the incident. This can give the apparency that the drug is inthe body. After all a thetan can create MEST, and because they are mocking up the drug, andbecause they are stuck in it totally, you can get the apparency that there is a residual drugremaining in the body.Where you have both factors present, (the residual drug deposit in the body and BTs/clusters stuck in drug incidents), it’s absolutely deadly. The drug deposit in the body tends to holdonto BTs and clusters and to keep them in restimulation. And BTs and clusters who are stuck inwhole track drugs mock up the drug and the drug incident giving the apparency of drugs in thebody. These two factors are interactive both ways, the actual residual drug in the body affects thebody and keeps BTs and clusters in restim, who, because they are mocking up drugs that they arestuck in, are creating the apparency of more drugs in the body, and so it goes.The Purification Rundown will handle a lot of this by getting rid of the residual drugs inthe body, and this in itself not only improves the person physically, but also will allow much ofthe BT and cluster pictures to drop out of restimulation, or at least to drop out of chronicrestimulation.

There is another process pretty well forgotten about called freewheeling. This wasdiscovered in earlier research, and is described in Science of Survival, II, p. 260, where it ispointed out that Guk (see All About Radiation) can cause the somatic strip to freewheel. Theactive ingredients of Guk being Vitamin B1 and Niacin, and these cause BTs and clusters tofreewheel through engrams they are stuck in on the track, they don’t get down to a basic oranything, they unstick from the stuck point in a track engram. This permits that engram to dropout of chronic restimulation. So we have another phenomenon going on the PurificationRundown that persons below OT III case level would not be aware of. The B1 and Niacin bymoving BTs and clusters out of the engram they are chronically stuck in, permits these BTs andclusters to drop out of restimulation, and thus cease mocking it up. This too brings about animprovement in the case condition of the person.You should also know that when the BT or cluster is Free-wheeling through such a drugincident it can turn on the apparency of that drug in the body. This could be puzzling if you didn’tknow this datum. Maybe the guy has never taken LSD or Pheno-barbitol in this lifetime anddoesn’t have any of that drug actually in his body, But the BT or cluster freewheeling throughan incident containing the drug mocks up the apparency of that drug in the body, making the guyfeel that he is on that drug. And there have been other drugs on the whole track quite differentfrom any drugs in existence today. So during the Purification Rundown you can have a BT orcluster freewheel through and out of a stuck drug engram, and while he’s going through it therecan be an apparency of that drug in the body even though he’s never taken it in this lifetime, butwhen the BT or cluster freewheels on out of that stuck point, it ceases to mock up the apparencyof that drug in the body. Hence get a two way result on the Purification Rundown by getting ridof both the residual drug in the body and the apparency of the drug in the body mocked up by aBT or cluster.

aurabass

Patron
The title of this thread is harsh, blunt, and true.
It's the type of headline that Freedom Magazine might run, but of course without the compassionate context you provide.

Scientology is so wholly destructive, it often takes years, sometimes decades...to peel off enough of the layers of deception to reveal it in all of it's naked indecency.
Compassion and humility are among the first qualities to fall prey to it's deceptions.

Leah Remini and Mike Rinder are regaining their humanity by speaking honestly and publicly about their experiences, both as perpetrator and as victims of Scientology.

Since LEAH was dragged into Scientology as a child the responsibility for fraud is not hers.
I can understand how her decades in the "church" made it impossible to tell truth from fiction.

What Leah is doing now is rehabilitation and retribution. After watching Episode 3 with Mary Kahn and her husband Mark I became incredibly angry, when Mary and Mark and Mike Rinder all broke down sobbing as Mary told about losing her son Sammy to disconnection the pain and suffering from all of them was obvious. This destruction of families has to stop and in Mary and Sammy's case it has to be reversed. Exposing it is only one step - a big step - but it's not enough.

It seems to me that the only way to end this is to dethrone David Miscavige - as long as he controls the machine and the 3 billion in assets no one is safe. When AFTERMATH and GOING CLEAR fade the 3 billion and the machine will remain unless something is done. This process has to go beyond exposure to ensure an end to the destruction and to repair the Kahn family and others like them.
Mary Kahn is so obviously a good caring person who did everything right for the wrong cause. We need to find a way to move from exposure to action that ends the terror of David Miscavige.

AFTERMATH and GOING CLEAR have brought the situation to a boil - CRITICAL MASS has been achieved. What will it take to break the control of DM?
Is there a path to take control from DM? We know he simply seized control - he was not elected or authorized or selected. He is in power but his power is illegitimate.
As COB of RTC he controls the copyrights and tech - but he arrived at COB without a legal process. DAVID MISCAVIGE is the Liar and Fraud.

JustSheila

Crusader
:welcome2: to ESMB, aurabass! :grouphug:

Thank you for your interest and concern for the victims of the crimes of Scientology and their families.

David Miscavige, as awful as he may be, is applying Scientology technology. Ruthlessness is part of scripture.

phenomanon

Canyon
Leah also said (during the same show) that she was delusional during the time that she was in. (during about the last 30 seconds of this clip)

[video=youtube;xUi8QLSp9gE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUi8QLSp9gE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Don't Sweat The Small Stuff!! :roflmao:

aurabass

Patron
:welcome2: to ESMB, aurabass! :grouphug:

Thank you for your interest and concern for the victims of the crimes of Scientology and their families.

David Miscavige, as awful as he may be, is applying Scientology technology. Ruthlessness is part of scripture.

Thank you JustSheila - DM's application of scripture may be correct but his ascent to power as COB of RTC is not.
When the machine is run by a guy who was not elected or selected by any accepted process it presents a potential opportunity. This is legally suspect.

From every account I have read so far it seems that DM seized power with the "assumed" principal.
He assumed power - and nobody thought to question it or stop him. How DM assumed power
A legal analysis perceives a path to removal - replacement - a great thing if DM can be denied access and control of the 3 billion in assets.

DISCLAIMER: This is not about any rehabilitation of SCIENTOLOGY which should die a rapid painful death. This is about hastening the end in a way that separates DM from 3 billion and the machine so a new "leader" and management can refund what they can to the dispossessed and reunite families as the beast dies. When suggesting removal of DM as a step on the path to the end no one should assume any intention of saving the "church".
Nothing worth saving but the destroyed families and the finances of the victims. IMHO

I was not a fraud when I was in Scientology. I truly believed.

I thought that the Church itself had strayed from time to time, but that was due to actions by people who had misunderstoods.

I had a low opinion of reges as I saw them promised unrealities. But I believed in the goals and purposes as stated by Hubbard.

The problem, as I saw it, was that most people did not grasp the depth of Scientology and only had a superficial understanding.

I thought that I understood it in a more profound way.

When I would see the Church's PR people or read and see the PR put out by the Church I figured that it was simply postulating the ideal scene. I thought we were far from perfect but still the best option for mankind.

Then I read Plato and realized otherwise.

But while I was a Scientologist I believed the progress toward the goals was at the mercy of how much the Tech was duplicated by the practitioners.

I had no regrets while I was in, only frustrations.

Tonight I was watching Leah Remini's show. I can only say this: "The choices we make dictate the life we lead. To thine own self be true."--Shakespeare.

I feel sorry for all the pain and suffering the Church has wrought; but that is life and the choices they made.

I wish for them their experiences were otherwise.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Thank you JustSheila - DM's application of scripture may be correct but his ascent to power as COB of RTC is not.
When the machine is run by a guy who was not elected or selected by any accepted process it presents a potential opportunity. This is legally suspect.

From every account I have read so far it seems that DM seized power with the "assumed" principal.
He assumed power - and nobody thought to question it or stop him. How DM assumed power
A legal analysis perceives a path to removal - replacement - a great thing if DM can be denied access and control of the 3 billion in assets.

DISCLAIMER: This is not about any rehabilitation of SCIENTOLOGY which should die a rapid painful death. This is about hastening the end in a way that separates DM from 3 billion and the machine so a new "leader" and management can refund what they can to the dispossessed and reunite families as the beast dies. When suggesting removal of DM as a step on the path to the end no one should assume any intention of saving the "church".
Nothing worth saving but the destroyed families and the finances of the victims. IMHO

Hey aurabass,

:welcome2:

While there is some truth in what you say, if you want Scientology to die a rapid death than David Miscavige is your man to facilitate that process.

He's done more than anyone else imo to cause the demise of scientology. Back in 2011 Tony Ortega published an epic series in the Village Voice on the Top 25 People Crippling Scientology.

Miscavige came in 2nd, and the only one beating him is dead now. I don't think anyone has passed him yet, although some are trying. :biggrin:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey aurabass,

While there is some truth in what you say, if you want Scientology to die a rapid death than David Miscavige is your man to facilitate that process.

He's done more than anyone else imo to cause the demise of scientology. Back in 2011 Tony Ortega published an epic series in the Village Voice on the Top 25 People Crippling Scientology.

Miscavige came in 2nd, and the only one beating him is dead now. I don't think anyone has passed him yet, although some are trying. :biggrin:

Let's see, so where are we now?

http://www.draftymanor.com/bart/h_quigl3.htm

The Seven Stages of Civilization

Quigley's analysis (using his six features) led him to conclude that civilizations tend to emerge, grow, decline, and fall in a specific and observable sequence of stages:

1. Mixture
2. Gestation
3. Expansion
4. Age of Conflict
5. Universal Empire
6. Decay
7. Invasion

The Seven Stages in Detail
(snipped)

Anonycat

Crusader

Bent tells me, while we were having lunch a couple of years ago: I was never a scientologist.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

I do hope for the results you point towards. However, it seems to me that the SCOTUS has lost its way. Legal history is replete with the notion that entities real or fictional do not have any right of protection for torts which are prohibited by the constitution and the free exercise of " religions" are only permissible within a religious worship but not outside the law of torts upon anyone.
However in the last few decades the legal system has lost its community sense of justice and become turned from a balanced scale to a tool yielding inequities.
Although the congress and the judicial system have available to them the lessons of history from 1793 until the present to correct the error of not explicitly tying the free exercise to beiselree from other torts in the 'religious' clause, which precipitated untold injustices, I doubt there is enough true sense of reason or will to legally end Scientology torts. I would love to be proven wrong about such method of the desired income.
I really think it will by a jury by trail that will yield what is needed.

And the jury will not sit in a courtroom of a lost house of justice nor in the house of representatives, but in the communities them selves.
As to the recompense I don't know. Perhaps something along the lines of those remaining Scientology members and I believe there are many who entered Scientology with the merits, at least in their loving hearts and conscience, if not of the far better education of the founding fathers, could do their best to rectify the past and close up the shop which is full of corrupt ideas that it is doomed.

aurabass

Patron
Hey aurabass,

I saw that list on THE UNDERGROUND BUNKER and I agree with you - DM has done an exceptional job of damaging the church.
The damage he has done has led to GOING CLEAR and AFTERMATH - the most effective anti-SCN publicity yet given the millions exposed to the Truth.
At some point - and this may be that point - DM may have done enough damage to open the door to his removal and the destruction of the cult.
If he were smart he would be preparing for an escape with a significant percentage of the wealth accumulated by the 'church'.

As seems to be the case DM has exhibited some exceptional abilities not the least of which was realizing he could assume power without opposition or use of any legitimate method.
But DM has also exhibited extreme weakness in the field of management. He could have strengthened both the cult and his position if he were not a raging paranoid.
His treatment of people who would have offered continued support - due in large part to having nowhere else to go - made enemies of potential supporters. That is what has made GOING CLEAR and AFTERMATH so powerful.
We know that DM seized power without authority by assuming power. How vulnerable does that make his position?

I would love to see him lose everything - his power and all the $$$ and assets because it seems to me those assets rightly belong to the victims.
At some point, will there be a method available to replace him and to wrest the assets from his grasp? It seems to me that point is 2017 if/when the second season of AFTERMATH is approved.
Could AFTERMATH promote the vehicle of DM's demise and result in the transfer of the assets to a leadership that can return them to the people from whom they were stolen?

I think I see a way that could be done because a critical mass has been achieved. The opposition fed by defection is now greater than the active strength of the 'faithful'. DM's damage has destroyed the foundation.
The only question is how the end game will play out. Will DM escape with the assets or will the assets be returned to the victims? Either way, the cult will die or be radically transformed into something benign.
3 billion will either extend the damage and slow the death eventually ending up in DM's pocket (what's left of it) - OR it will be taken out of the control of the little Hitler and returned to those from whom it was stolen?

Perhaps a plan to replace DM with a leadership devoted to ending disconnection and redistribution of the bilked funds to victims while disassembling the cult can be devised, publicized by AFTERMATH, and put into effect.
Can the illegitimate leader of the cult be deposed and replaced? Are the implements of his destruction at hand? Is this the time to drive a stake into the black heart of the worst cult in the World?

JustSheila

Crusader

As seems to be the case DM has exhibited some exceptional abilities not the least of which was realizing he could assume power without opposition or use of any legitimate method.
But DM has also exhibited extreme weakness in the field of management. He could have strengthened both the cult and his position if he were not a raging paranoid.
His treatment of people who would have offered continued support - due in large part to having nowhere else to go - made enemies of potential supporters. That is what has made GOING CLEAR and AFTERMATH so powerful.
We know that DM seized power without authority by assuming power. How vulnerable does that make his position?

I would love to see him lose everything - his power and all the $$$ and assets because it seems to me those assets rightly belong to the victims.
At some point, will there be a method available to replace him and to wrest the assets from his grasp?

Hi Aurabass,

You are making an incorrect assumption that DM seized power without opposition. He had plenty of opposition but through lying, stealing, stealth, deception, violence and liberal use of the Scientology's internal prison (the RPF) he eliminated his opposition. It took years. He planned this and achieved his power-driven, insane goals by every disgusting means he could.

He currently has those who are bank signatories and other signatories, the actual managers of scn, imprisoned in The Hole and he uses them to sign checks for whatever he wants. There is also the mind control aspect, because they've been in there for years (we have eyewitnesses) and have probably long since been convinced it is a punishment they deserve. The sickness and evil abuse of the concept of "religion" is much worse than you think.