What's new

Leah Remini and family try group therapy after Scientology. Scientology responds.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Leah Remini and family try group therapy after Scientology. Scientology responds.

With It's All Relative starting its second season, there was a lot of Leah Remini news today. I didn't see any recent posts, so I thought start a new thread and post some news.

First:

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/leah-remini-its-all-relative/tv-schedule/

attachment.php

Second, today there were number of articles with excerpts from upcoming episodes, etc. Before we get to them in subsequent posts, I want to note the following. (And, yes, I know this is non sequitur from the above. So write a fucking KR.) Demonstrating the religious compassion for which the Church of Scientology is so well known, the Church of Scientology responded as follows:

The Hollywood Reporter: A Church of Scientology representative responds to Remini's comments.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/leah-remini-scientology-all-relative-808800

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

Leah Remini and a group of former Scientologists discuss how difficult it is to leave the religion in a new promotional video for her TLC show Leah Remini: It's All Relative.

In the video released on People.com, Remini talked about how leaving quietly has fewer consequences than being vocal about breaking away from the church. Remini has been the latter, having talked openly about her decision to leave in 2013.

"If you make a stink in the public world, they call you a suppressive person, which means the church has put a stamp on you that said you are bad," said Remini. "They then go to all your family and friends and say you have to disconnect from this suppressive person."

She has said in the past that the the birth of her daughter, Sofia, helped her begin thinking of leaving Scientology.

"I decided I didn't want to raise my daughter in the church because from what I've experienced and what I saw, the church becomes your everything," said Remini. "It becomes your mother, your father, your everything. You are dependent on the church."

"If you're raised in it as a child, you really don't have loyalty to your family," she said, while sitting next to her mother. "The church does come first to you, and that is what we would be teaching Sofia."

The group chatted about how they were all in Scientology from when they were children, and were taught it was difficult to leave. "There are pretty hard repercussions to leaving," said Remini. She added that she didn't want Sofia to be taught to disconnect from her if she decided to leave when Sofia was older.

"It comes as no surprise that someone as self-absorbed as Leah Remini with an insatiable craving for attention would exploit her former religion as a publicity stunt in a pathetic attempt to get ratings for her cable show and seem relevant again," a Church of Scientology representative told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement. "She is rewriting history and omits that she was participating in a program to remain a Scientologist by her own choice, as she was on the verge of being expelled for her and her husband’s ethical lapses."

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

CommunicatorIC

Daily Mail: Leah Remini reveals the 'hard repercussions' of leaving Scientology in new season of her TLC reality series

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...cientology-new-season-TLC-reality-series.html

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Leah Remini left the Church Of Scientology two years ago.

While one of the most vocal and high profile apostates to renounce the organization, Leah, 45, claims she is still feeling the 'hard repercussions' of leaving the religion she was raised in.

In a preview clip for the season premiere of her TLC show Leah Remini: It's All Relative, the actress opens up about her experience of leaving the church.

Scroll down for video

Recalling the past: In a preview clip for the season premiere of her TLC show Leah Remini: It's All Relative, the actress opens up about her experience of leaving the church

Recalling the past: In a preview clip for the season premiere of her TLC show Leah Remini: It's All Relative, the actress opens up about her experience of leaving the church

'When you leave, you can leave quietly,' Leah said in the teaser. 'But If you make a stink in the public world, they call you a Suppressive Person, which means the church has put a stamp on you that says you are bad.

'They then go to all your family and friends and say you have to disconnect from this Suppressive Person.'

Leah went on to describe why she felt the need to leave the religion her own mother had raised her in.

'I decided I didn't want to raise my daughter in the church because from what I've experienced and what I saw, the church becomes your everything. It becomes your mother, your father, your everything. You are dependent on the church.'

Leah Remini details nanny Trish's battle with breast cancer

'Hard repercussions': 'When you leave, you can leave quietly,' Leah said in the teaser. 'But If you make a stink in the public world, they call you a Suppressive Person'

Leah also claims in the short video that those raised in the church don't 'have loyalty' to their own family members as the church itself 'comes first.'

The Church Of Scientology gave the following statement to DailyMail.com: 'It comes as no surprise that someone as self-absorbed as Leah Remini with an insatiable craving for attention would exploit her former religion as a publicity stunt in a pathetic attempt to get ratings for her cable show and seem relevant again.'

'She is rewriting history and omits that she was participating in a program to remain a Scientologist by her own choice, as she was on the verge of being expelled for her and her husband’s ethical lapses.'

CommunicatorIC

Today Show: Leah Remini on leaving Scientology for her daughter's sake

http://www.today.com/popculture/leah-remini-talks-scientology-complications-leaving-t32356

"I decided I didn't want to raise my daughter in the church because from what I've experienced and what I saw, the church becomes your everything," she says in the video alongside Vicki Marshall, her mother. "It becomes your mother, your father, your everything. You are dependent on the church."

She worried that one day she'd be cut off from her daughter Sofia, who was born in 2004, if down the line, she made the decision to leave Scientology. Through the teachings of the religion, those who leave are deemed "suppressive [people]."

"If you make a stink in the public world, they'll call you a suppressive person, which means the church has put a stamp on you that said you are bad," she said. "They then go to all your family and friends and say you have to disconnect from this suppressive person."

But the church has a different perspective on Remini's decision to separate herself.

In a comment to People, the church said, "It comes as no surprise that someone as self-absorbed as Leah Remini continues to rewrite history and exploit her former religion in a pathetic attempt to get ratings for her cable show and seem relevant again."

CommunicatorIC

Washington Post: Leah Remini talks about why she left Scientology

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-remini-talks-about-why-she-left-scientology/

In the clip provided to People, Remini says that Scientology treated former members like necrotic limbs that required amputation lest they infect the rest of its flock.

“If you make a stink in the public world, they call you a ‘suppressive person’ which means the church put a stamp on you that said ‘you are bad,'” Remini said. “They then go to all your family and friends and say, ‘you have to disconnect from the suppressive person.'”

Remini said that if you’re in the church and you refuse to stop communicating, you’re also considered suppressive, which is basically Scientology terminology for “excommunicated.”

“I didn’t want [Sofia] to be raised that way,” Remini said. “Let’s say in 10 years, if I didn’t want to be connected with the church anymore, my own daughter would be taught to disconnect from me.”

When People reached out to the church for a response to Remini’s assertions, a spokesman told the magazine, “It comes as no surprise that someone as self-absorbed as Leah Remini continues to rewrite history and exploit her former religion in a pathetic attempt to get ratings for her cable show and seem relevant again.”

CommunicatorIC

Entertainment Weekly: Leah Remini opens up about the 'repercussions' of leaving Scientology in It's All Relative

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/15/leah-remini-scientology-its-all-relative

In the clip, Remini says that her friend was declared an SP for not disconnecting from another SP.

When reached for comment, the church told EW: “It comes as no surprise that someone as self-absorbed as Leah Remini with an insatiable craving for attention would exploit her former religion as a publicity stunt in a pathetic attempt to get ratings for her cable show and seem relevant again. She is rewriting history and omits that she was participating in a program to remain a Scientologist by her own choice, as she was on the verge of being expelled for her and her husband’s ethical lapses.”

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
Love how they keep trash talking celebrities it helps ensure more don't fall for their tricks and provides hard evidence of how rude and untrustworthy they are

Like beghe said, would you be friends with someone that acts like this church does? They're so overtly two faced

I'll say it again, Leah needs to do another interview with Sweeney and this time answer the zenu question honestly without Tommy answering for her, face the music

Can't wait to watch her show that group therapy might help me undo some brainwashing too

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
I just read an article stating Leah was an OT V . If true she can expose the insane OT levels . Having what many people think is an honest recognizable person say "yeah , Xenu is in the secret hidden super expensive upper levels ". No amount of press releases with unadulterated bullshit and provable bullshit is going to fool anybody .

Likely everybody at ESMB has long known but normal people don't know if Xenu is real , like Santa Claus or total bullshit. Having Leah and a line of other exes confirm it will piss DM off as he has to keep lying and denying .

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I don't think anyone in the general public really doubts what has been exposed about scientology's Upper Levels. I've never seen anything posted on the net where DM personally lies about or denies the Xenu story. Have you?

Xenu is real... but only to Upper Level scientologists. :)

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
I just read an article stating Leah was an OT V . If true she can expose the insane OT levels . Having what many people think is an honest recognizable person say "yeah , Xenu is in the secret hidden super expensive upper levels ". No amount of press releases with unadulterated bullshit and provable bullshit is going to fool anybody .

Likely everybody at ESMB has long known but normal people don't know if Xenu is real , like Santa Claus or total bullshit. Having Leah and a line of other exes confirm it will piss DM off as he has to keep lying and denying .
This is an excellent point.

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron
I've never seen anything posted on the net where DM personally lies about or denies the Xenu story

Juliette Lewis is one I can think of that has publicly handled the Xenu question by saying that people confuse Hubbards teachings with his science fiction writing (but I don't think she's fooling anyone many).

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
---snipped---

"It comes as no surprise that someone as self-absorbed as Leah Remini with an insatiable craving for attention would exploit her former religion as a publicity stunt in a pathetic attempt to get ratings for her cable show and seem relevant again," a Church of Scientology representative told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement. "She is rewriting history and omits that she was participating in a program to remain a Scientologist by her own choice, as she was on the verge of being expelled for her and her husband’s ethical lapses."

That's quite a response by the COS (Crimewave of Scientology). I wonder what Ron's tech has to say about all that?

1. Vicious nattering about Leah = COS has vicious overts/withholds vs her. (example: subjecting Leah to months of brutal metered interrogations because she asked the church leader where her friend, COB's wife Shelly, was. Then charging Leah $300,000 for the psychological terrorism of those sessions, under the banner of "spiritual improvement").

2. Publicly vilifying an artist/actress for acting/performing in a TV show = Only an SP attacks actresses because "artists are the visionaries who dream of a better future". In this case, the "better future" is a world without Scientology, the insane cult which simultaneously praises and attacks artists.

3. Engaging in character assassination against a Clear and OT VII = A "High Crime" and "Suppressive Act". Leah is, after all, a lifelong Scientologist that achieved the state of Clear and OT. But the COS now promotes that she is supremely abberated, unethical and evil liar. (examples: "self-absorbed", "insatiable craving for attention", "pathetic", "rewriting history", "ethical lapses", et al).

Conclusion: The harder and more desperately the cult attacks former members in the media, the more they admit that they are sociopathically vindictive, petty and fully incapable of evidencing any of the lofty spiritual states they charge their members a half million dollars (or more) for. After reading virtually any COS press release about anything, what sane person would even consider paying them vast fortunes to become like them? LOL

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
Their response just shows how out of touch with reality they are. Most people find that type of response very unprofessional and Leah has probably a fair amount of trauma to work through. Good on her for getting her family into therapy.

I can't believe I used to defend Hubbard and his tech, even after the horrors of Scientology and even the sicko that promotes tech now on these boards. How can someone be so warped? I feel that Hubbard was a very sick man who used vast amounts of data from others and without it there would have been no Scientology. The Pauline Cooper case just shows the level of psychopathy involved. I start my own therapy on Sunday and I'll bring up Scio first. They hate therapists because they don't want the abuse they put people through to be exposed.

Last edited:

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ah yes, scientology showing it's ass once again by blasting a former member who was a pillar of the cult and and showered with 'love'.

But scientology is a cult of revenge. It is Hubbard shouting from the grave, spewing his paranoia.

It is a cult of vindictiveness.

It is a cult of hatred.

It is a cult of spite.

How hypocritical that they expound "the way to happiness" out of one side of their mouths and disconnection out of the other. Seems they left out how vengeance is an important factor on TWTH.

By their deeds ye shall know them.

prosecco

Patron Meritorious
In a comment to People, the church said, "It comes as no surprise that someone as self-absorbed as Leah Remini continues to rewrite history and exploit her former religion in a pathetic attempt to get ratings for her cable show and seem relevant again."

Wow. Just shocking comment. For this reason alone they should lose any tax exempt status as it's behaviour well below the expected standard of a religious organisation.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

At some point it would be good to create a thread of all vicious media attacks that Scientology makes against actors, musicians, writers, directors, dancers and other performers and artists who dare to leave the cult.

When all the crazed attacks (e.g. Paul Haggis, Jason Beghe, Leah Remini...) are compiled one day, the link to that thread should be sent to every Hollywood agent, manager, entertainment lawyer, producer, director, writer, filmmaker, musician, composer, dancer, singer et al.

The headline should be very, very simple. Something like this. . .

THIS IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU IF
YOU EVER RISK YOUR ENTIRE CAREER
BY TRYING SCIENTOLOGY AND THEN
DARE TO TRY TO ESCAPE FROM THE CULT.

The thing that has always stuck in my mind, like a blaring siren with blinding flashing lights is the extreme measures that Scientology will undertake to try to destroy an artists career and reputation. I immediately think of the published attacks Scientology made agains multiple Oscar winner Paul Haggis, denigrating the quality of his writing/directing! Mocking the low box-office performance of one of his movies as thought it proves he has "no talent". What kind of church (or anyone else for that matter) pays for advertising and other published attacks against an artist and tries to kill their reputation so they can't find work?

But that's exactly what Scientology is trying to do to former member's successful artistic careers. Destroy it! After the person has left Scientology and wants nothing more to do with it. For no other reason than vengeance and to create terrorist fear in the world about disagreeing with Hubbard's insane religion or his fanatic followers.