ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Leah Remini out of the cult?

Discussion in 'Tony Ortega' started by Anonycat, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

2. JBWriter

JBWriter Happy Sapien

Here's the Twitter convo referenced in Mr. Ortega's article: [​IMG]

Just read through the numerous comments on Mr. Ortega's blog (great site; great insights, too!) and quite a few posters there seem to think the exchange above indicates Ms. Remini may have left Co$. (There's also a changed "Leah Remini" Wikipedia page which may also have been relied upon by these posters to lead them to this conclusion.)

I'm not sure what to think now, frankly, because my initial 'take' when I read it was that Ms. Remini was merely 'educating' Ms. Wallis that scientologists don't pray to anyone.

Then, I read it again because so many of the comments on the Underground Bunker site understood Ms. Remini's tweets far differently than I had -- and that her typing "(M)y prayers...)" in the first tweet and then "Catholics pray, yes." in the second tweet, when combined, meant that Ms. Remini was 'outing' herself as Catholic...and then, some of the posters made the jump to, 'if she's saying she's Catholic now, it must mean she's no longer a member of Co$'. Maybe so.

Of note, the 'RIP' tweet was dated 19 June --- and it looks as if Ms. Wallis' question was asked/answered on 23 June. My 'take' is that Ms. Remini chose to answer quickly -- and what that means, if anything, I don't know. (<-----I don't know a LOT and my parents will confirm that. Frequently. :yes:)

What say you, ESMB?

JB (I hope Ms. Remini is out and should she choose to speak publicly about the abusive practices within Co$, she'll certainly have my support.)

3. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

"Don't hold your breath whilst waiting!" is my advice. :)

4. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Without really knowing anything about anything re Leah,
    what she did NOT say in her tweet could means lots of things.
    It could mean that she just wanted to swish the question about
    scientology and praying right off the board because it's problematic.
    "You don't pray? Really? But it is a religion isn't it?"........etc.
    Sidestep to what catholics do. If anyone says. But aren't you a scientologist?
    she could give the standard BS. "Just because I'm a scientologist. it doesn't mean I can't be a catholic too."
    So IMO the question about 'Do scientologists pray?' is always a bit loaded and
    will likely lead to having to defend, explain etc.

However, I hope the reason she defaulted to 'Catholic' was to assert NOT being a scientologist. That is a possibility IMO.

5. xianu

xianu Patron

I observed a phenomenon that could explain the lack of reply in this thread, very uncharacteristics of esmb.

Leah has been a scnist, no secret, and can't be a secret as she is OTV. If asked in the past she would say yes, at least will not duck the question publicly. (threaten to sue in private is another matter).

If Leah declares that Miscavige is an SP, and she is still a loyal scnist, everbody here will be happy and enthuaistic about it.

If she doesn't admit that she is a scnist, and hint that she is a Catholic, indies feel bad too. Never cross my mind before.

Why the discussion is whether she is in or she isn't? Not admitting it is already a big PR flop for COS, though I realized that it is also bad for everybody who call themselves scinists, or even the guy who doesn't call himself a scientologist. But does that tell you something, scientologists?

6. Lohan2008

Lohan2008 Gold Meritorious Patron

7. secretiveoldfag

secretiveoldfag Silver Meritorious Patron

If it really matters whether LR is In or Out, one perhaps definitive point is her charitable donations. Some source said she no longer claimed tax-exemption for donations to CoS (as I understand it).

The only time I ever paid any attention to Leah Remini was years ago and had something to do with her making a donation to one or more CoS front groups. At that time she was certainly supporting CoS in a public fashion.

If indeed she has stopped doing this, it is of real significance, and it must also go back a year or two, to her last tax declaration. Or whatever.

Is it possible to get this information from the Web?

8. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

9. JBWriter

JBWriter Happy Sapien

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013