ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Featured Leah Remini's 'Scientology and Aftermath' Coming Back for Season Two!

Discussion in 'Breaking and Major News about Scientology' started by Type4_PTS, Mar 15, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

There were a couple of others who knew the cycle, but neither could they prove that it was Thorazine that he was given. Only that he was psychotic, on Babywatch, and being given pills. Whether those pills were Thorazine or Vitamins, would not be provable, I don't think.

Also, it seems more productive to me to show widespread incidents , or long patterns, of abuse. So that it doesn't look like it happened to only one or two people, but in fact, is a common practice in the Cult.

Thanks for the thought , Terrill.

2. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

AFAIK it has been a relatively common or at least not
    unknown practice.

I expect Mike Rinder would know and have details.
    Leah said he's recieving 100s of mails.

3. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

I agree.

Yes, he did.

Check for the last date of publication. (1987? That would indicate the approximate time for the hush deal.)

4. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  5. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

This is great. Congrats Mike

When will Miscavage lose his citizenship?

6. CommunicatorIC

Deadline Hollywood: Leah Remini: Scientology Can “Destroy People’s Lives”

Deadline Hollywood: Leah Remini: Scientology Can “Destroy People’s Lives”; How Revenge & Consequence Drive ‘Six’; ‘UnReal’ EP On First Female Suitor – Contenders Emmys

http://deadline.com/2017/04/leah-remini-scientology-and-the-aftermath-1202066390/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Just renewed by A&E for a second season, Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath explores the underbelly of the Church of Scientology. Remini was a member of the church for 37 years but left in 2013 and became a strong activist for exposing its behind-the-scenes machinations.

“We believed that as Scientologists we had the answers and everybody else was lost,” Remini said at Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys event. “This is about a doctrine that calls to destroy people’s lives when they speak out.”

Remini said her mission in the hourlong show is to “continue to tell these people’s stories until somebody steps in to do something about it.”

She might be close to achieving her objective. Mike Rinder, another ex-Scientologist who also participates in the show, said lawyers were working hard to bring action on the church.

“They’re reviewing all the facts, reviewing the stories of the victims and reviewing the law,” he said. “It’s looking very hopeful.”

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

7. CommunicatorIC

The first season of Scientology and the Aftermath to debut in Singapore. Singapore Straits Times: Leah Remini criticises Scientology in new series

The docuseries Scientology and the Aftermath debuts in Singapore on Sunday, 16 April 2017 on StarHub TV.

In this interview Leah Remini answers eight questions.

Singapore Straits Times: Leah Remini criticises Scientology in new series

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/vocal-critic-of-scientology

By Yip Wai Yee [Mail] [Twitter]

8Q

Hollywood actress and former Scientologist Leah Remini may be one of the most vocal and prominent critics of the Church of Scientology today. But she does not regret having been a member of the controversial group for almost her entire life.

The 46-year-old made headlines when she abruptly left the organisation in 2013 after 34 years as an active member. Her mother, actor husband Angelo Pagan and their 12-year-old daughter Sofia also left Scientology shortly after.

Speaking to The Straits Times in a telephone interview, Remini says: "I don't regret any of it because I wouldn't be here now. I feel that it was supposed to be my path to go through something like this, so that I can do what I love to do, which is to help people.

"So I don't regret it in a certain way because I'm here now, doing what I'm meant to do."

Since she left the organisation, she has made it her mission to expose the controversial rules that Scientology imposes on its members. They include the act of disconnection, which means a Scientologist has to cut all ties with anyone who is antagonistic towards the group, even if that person is a family member or close friend.

Besides writing the best-selling book, Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood And Scientology (2015), Remini has also produced a documentary series, Leah Remini: Scientology And The Aftermath.

Told over seven episodes, the series shows her interviewing other ex-Scientologists about their often harrowing experiences of being in the group. Tales of physical and mental abuse within the organisation are common, according to the show.

When the series premiered in the United States last November, it was a ratings hit for television network A+E, drawing 2.1 million viewers for the first episode - the most for a new show premiere at the network in two years. A second season has been greenlit for production.

In Singapore, the series premieres on Sunday on StarHub TV.

Remini, who is best known for starring in the long-running sitcom The King Of Queens (1997-2008), says: "My greatest achievement from doing a show like this is helping to change the way people view Scientology. It went from people making fun of Scientology, thinking, 'What are these crazy beliefs?', to seeing that it is hurting people and something to be taken seriously.

"Also, the people who have been abused through Scientology are finally receiving the love and comfort from the real world that they are deserving of."

1 What led you to leave Scientology?

[SNIP]

•Leah Remini: Scientology And The Aftermath premieres on Crime + Investigation (StarHub TV Channel 403) on Sunday at 9pm.

A version of this article appeared in the print edition of The Straits Times on April 10, 2017, with the headline 'Vocal critic of Scientology'.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  8. CommunicatorIC

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  9. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

10. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

Seems like the sun is shining everywhere today... even the moon was full and bright at 5PM here.

11. CommunicatorIC

April 16, 2017 - The first season of Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath debuts in the Philippines.

Philippine Daily Inquirer: Leah RemIni on Scientology: It’s not a religion, it’s a cult

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/221925/leah-remini-scientology-not-religion-cult

By: Oliver M. Pulumbarit - Writing Editor / @InqEnt

Philippine Daily Inquirer / 12:45 AM April 13, 2017

Actress Leah Remini recently expressed glee that her new documentary series, “Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath” has been renewed for a second season. “I’m happy that the series and I get to continue revealing the abuses of this organization,” Remini said in a phone interview with the Inquirer.

Remini is known for her nine-season stint in “The King of Queens,” as well as her controversial split in 2013 with the Church of Scientology, whose members include fellow celebrities like Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Kirstie Alley. She was straightforward about leaving the group that she was part of since she was a child.

“It’s a cult,” she said without hesitation. “Everything in Scientology is written down in thousands of pages of policies that you have to follow; you’re not allowed to think for yourself … There’s no questioning.”

Remini, 46, spoke with a number of ex-members, who related experiences of abuse, for the new show (airing on cable channel CI, 9 p.m., starting April 16). She still has friends in the organization, who are kept from communicating with her: “They’re literally not allowed to talk to me. I’ve seen friends, my godchildren walking down the streets … and they turn the other way. But, again, that’s the policy of Scientology … this is a mind-controlling cult. Any organization that dictates who you can and cannot speak to, including your own mother [or] children, is not a religion. I don’t compare cults to religions.”

The actress, who also appeared in “Cheers” and “Saved by the Bell,” wrote a book about her exodus, “Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology,” in 2015.

The Inquirer contacted the Philippine chapter of the group for comment on the show’s airing, but had yet to receive a reply at press time.

The docu series’ original channel, A&E, showed disclaimers onscreen during airings of “Scientology and the Aftermath,” brief statements by the church that contest some of the allegations of Remini’s interviewees.

Excerpts from the chat:

What exactly was your reason for leaving Scientology?

12. CommunicatorIC

April 16, 2017 - Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath debuts in TAIWAN at 21:00 - 21:55 on MOD Channel 109:

http://mod.cht.com.tw/channelrw/epginfo.php?id=109&w=&p=1'

莉亞萊米妮:山達基教與劫後餘生-分離(1)【普】

Bing translator gives the better result of: "Lialemini: Scientology and Aftermath-separation (1) "Pu""

Google translator gives the less satisfactory result of: "Liya Lemini: mountain base teaching and aftermath - separation (1) [general]"

For information on the Crime and Investigation Network in South East Asia, see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_&_Investigation_Network_(South_East_Asia)

/

13. CommunicatorIC

14. CommunicatorIC

Because of the way the calendar moves, the correct link for the Taiwan listing is now:

http://mod.cht.com.tw/channelrw/epginfo.php?id=109&w=&p=0

Look for 21:00 - 21:55. As indicated above, use Bing / Microsoft Translator for best results.

15. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

16. Type4_PTS

TWO-HOUR MEMORIAL DAY SPECIAL!

From deep within the Underground Bunker this morning...

17. CommunicatorIC

VIDEO: Leah Remini Explains Scientology's Scam (Full Interview) | Chelsea | Netflix

[video=youtube;oM-FrI5Hqto]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM-FrI5Hqto[/video]

* * * * * BEGIN INTRODUCTION * * * * *

Chelsea

Published on May 21, 2017

Former Scientologist and "Aftermath" author, Leah Remini, describes the internal workings of the controversial religion.

* * * * * END INTRODUCTION * * * * *

18. Type4_PTS

19. Type4_PTS

Here's something from Tony O I should of included in the last post...

20. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

As the Scientology brand continues to become increasingly toxic, I expect a greater and greater number of "front groups" with benign sounding names like "Youth for Human Rights" will be created for the purpose of entrapping and recruiting the naive and unwary into the machinery of the cult. Note that the word "Scientology" is absent from these group's names.

Leah and Mike are educating millions of people about this profoundly destructive organization, and every single voice that is raised in opposition to the broken lives and shattered families that Scientology creates needs to be loud and clear.

Thanks to all at ESMB who do this.