What's new

Leak: Melbourne Staff 2011 (LOTS OF IMAGES)

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Were all of these positions defined by LRH? Some of the titles sound 'eclectic' to say the least. Does everyone on staff get a title? What if there are more titles than people? What if there are more people than titles?

Defined by LRH? Mostly.

All staff get a title? Yup.

More titles than staff? Staff member is responsible for all the functions underneath him in that part of the org. So if there are only three people in the org they get to have a lot of titles each. :). The lower posts are all "HFA," meaning "held from above."

More people than titles? Never happens. Although you can have lots of typists of similar rank, say.

Paul

KissMyStats

Patron with Honors
I don't have any personal experience inside Scientology, and although I've done years of exploration, I'm still stunned by the number of job titles that show up in these promo pieces. Were all of these positions defined by LRH? Some of the titles sound 'eclectic' to say the least. Does everyone on staff get a title? What if there are more titles than people? What if there are more people than titles?

Some of the post titles are oldies, but the "Particle Speed Flow Officer" is new to me and I am chuckling about this one. Everyone gets a title. If you sweep for your job you will be the Director of Brooms and so forth. Some of the titles are hysterical. If you have more titles than people, then each person has more than one job and wears all the other jobs from above, which is how it usually goes. It's nuts on staff, truly. I'm just still trying to figure out what a Particle Speed Flow Officer does every day. LOLOLOL :lol:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I'm just still trying to figure out what a Particle Speed Flow Officer does every day. LOLOLOL :lol:

If I remember it right from oh so long ago, does things like sets up comm baskets, empties each divisional out basket, sorts the comm, delivers the comm to each divisional in basket. Does this two or three times a day. Hounds staff members to handle their baskets.

There was once (late 70s) a person at Saint Hill with this post, Marianne Bumberger. She was German, didn't speak English too well, just the person you want sorting despatches with abbreviated scribbled addressees!

Most of the time the post is held from above and kinda low priority. The comm would still get sorted and delivered once a day to the divisional in-baskets at least, but that was about it.

Paul

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
My first thought... Gawd, aren't they all so YOUNG! (Which says interesting things about retention of victims...)

My second thought... I never believed they'd actually go through with those awful ties. But they did! Now there's a uniform that really sets one apart. (Let's be honest, it sets one apart from humanity.)

My third thought... some of those people look REALLY unhealthy. The pasty-white skin, and the fat jowls. A lack of sunlight and a bad diet in Australia... that's quite hard to achieve, unless you're a prisoner or something.

My fourth thought... has some member of Anonymous already 'shooped' these pictures unkindly? They're really not as photogenic as previous Scn pin-ups, body-routers and the like. I mean, I've got nothing against ugly people (I'm no oil painting myself...) but does this indicate that Scientology is scraping the bottom of a much smaller barrel nowadays?

My final thought... Damn, there's a lot of pictures here. I've seen enough. Cult is as cult does. And fails. We get it.

But thanks for sharing.

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
Another Thursday, another lot of staff promo spam.

reason50.jpg

reason10.jpg

jocelyn20kemble.jpg

leroy20mataia.jpg

reason51.jpg

reason86.jpg

reason9.jpg

stuart20kemble.jpg

reason100.jpg

Transcribed names, including previous batches posted (71 Total):

Alex Maloney
Alice Cho
Alley Lester
Ammala Santoro
Annalisa Rinder
Anthony Simpson
Ashleigh McSwan
Brendan Warren
Brian Micallef
Briana Walker
Callum Scollay
Caroline Maloney
Cheryl Wickens
Christie Frank
Cindy Simes
David Beck
Elly-Mae Johnson
Emlyn Lucas
Emme Messina
Erica Lucas
Errol Schmidt
Evan Duffy
Fergus Gartlan
Fraser Duffy
Gabrielle Harper
Geoff Gillard
Geoff Serra
George Georgevski
Gillian Jackson
Gloria Lin
Greg Peart
Hunter Leonard
James Rinder
Jan Lester
Jaquie Salmon
Jocelyn Kemble
Josh Kalab
Julian Bassett
Kane Hooper
Kylie Beck
Leigh Crouch
Leroy Mataia
Liz Grogan
Mark Little
Matt Lucas
Meg Wyly (?)
Naomi Banfield
Nicole Crouch
Nicole Leonard
Nina Fairlie
Norbert Horvath
Pam Frank
Pat Maloney
Paula Bagnato
Raymond Lester
Richard Law
Rien MacDonald
Sarah Little
Scott Rackham
Sinead ???
Sophia De???
Steven Liao
Stuart Kemble
Suzanna Zagon
Tamara Lynch
Thomas Cullen (?)
Tina Law
Tom Carson
Tom Fisher
Tony Wickens
Tracy Tseng

I don't have any personal experience inside Scientology, and although I've done years of exploration, I'm still stunned by the number of job titles that show up in these promo pieces. Were all of these positions defined by LRH? Some of the titles sound 'eclectic' to say the least. Does everyone on staff get a title? What if there are more titles than people? What if there are more people than titles?

Funniest one I have seen from Melbourne: "Dishwashing I/C"

Seriously.

Kerry

Patron with Honors
It seems to me this latest PR - past year or so, maybe more - is a lot about normalizing and neutralizing Scientology and what it means to be on staff; - as others have pointed out; that you can "have it all," like several of the members in the promo above say they have achieved.

It seems to me to be about making staff Scientologists having the kinds of lives anyone with a job and family outside this organization would have as well as, and including, [/B all their other interests/pursuits. And achieving both.

Those ex-staff I know and many others on ESMB and other sites say this is just not true. Not in any balanced way. You would have had to attend to your children, your talents/hobbies, and fulltime outside paid work in a 'normal' 40 hour work week, and that anything beyond that you owed to the second shift, the fulltime job of working at your staff post. Is this not true?

What a sneaky, deceitful, and manipulative way of sucking vulnerable 'raw meat' in the (now fancy) ideal org door who want those very things too - without realizing that their religious volunteer position is just another fulltime job. I find this one of the truly disgusting, and for many the beginning, of this con.

'Raw meat': what a revolting term for those human beings Scientology wants to recruit; do ex-Scientologists look back on that term and see themselves through that lens while still being devoted to Hubbard?

The_Fixer

Class Clown
With all those people showing their pics of fun after hours activities and hobbies, I'd be willing to bet they haven't done any of that in a while and won't be for even longer.

When I was on staff at the age of 21 as the Director Div. 2. in Auckland foundation my ego was pretty highly inflated. WoW, 21 and the boss:thumbsup::coolwink:. Trouble was, I was the boss of a Division that only had me in it (!) and one other, the registrar, who also happened to be my superior (Doug Casement)...With all the other stuff going on, it didn't take all that long for the brass to be buffed off and start seeing shinier things elsewhere.

I guess these young guys in here are still seeing the shiny brass at this point. Ah, the innocence of youth.

Semper Phi

Patron with Honors
"Joining Scientology staff is a religious commitment and all activities are entirely voluntary."

Riiiiiiight...

Just try telling the Event I/C you'd rather not do your after-event sales assignment -- all activities are entirely voluntary, right? -- and see how far that goes.

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
Another Thursday, another batch of promo crap.

reason5.jpg

reason55.jpg

reason28.jpg

reason63.jpg

newstaffmichael.jpg

reason17.jpg

reason96.jpg

reason27.jpg

Updated Staff list (FOR PROMOS IN THIS THREAD ONLY)

Adam Ali
Alex Maloney
Alice Cho
Alley Lester
Ammala Santoro
Annalisa Rinder
Anthony Simpson
Ashleigh McSwan
Bianca Lowenstein
Brendan Warren
Brian Micallef
Briana Walker
Callum Scollay
Caroline Maloney
Cheryl Wickens
Christie Frank
Cindy Simes
David Beck
Elise Vowels
Elly-Mae Johnson
Emlyn Lucas
Emma Hill
Emme Messina
Erica Lucas
Errol Schmidt
Evan Duffy
Fergus Gartlan
Fraser Duffy
Gabrielle Harper
Geoff Gillard
Geoff Serra
George Georgevski
Gillian Jackson
Gloria Lin
Greg Peart
Hunter Leonard
James Rinder
Jan Lester
Jaquie Salmon
Jocelyn Kemble
Josh Kalab
Julian Bassett
Kane Hooper
Kylie Beck
Leigh Crouch
Leroy Mataia
Liz Grogan
Madeline Simpson
Mark Little
Matt Lucas
Meg Wyly (?)
Michael Foley
Naomi Banfield
Nicole Crouch
Nicole Leonard
Nina Fairlie
Norbert Horvath
Pam Frank
Pat Maloney
Paula Bagnato
Raymond Lester
Richard Law
Rien MacDonald
Sarah Little
Scott Rackham
Sinead ???
Sophia De???
Steven Liao
Stuart Kemble
Suzanna Zagon
Tamara Lynch
Thomas Cullen (?)
Tina Law
Tom Carson
Tom Fisher
Tony Wickens
Tracy Tseng

PS. Emma my PM :bigcry:

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
Reason #63 - You have a great feeling at the end of the day knowing that you've helped people
Reason #28 - It's rewarding because you're helping others
Reason #55 - We have to get ride of the psychs

LOL, love it :thumbsup:

Jump

Operating teatime
Sorted on Lastname:

Sinead ???
Adam Ali
Paula Bagnato
Naomi Banfield
Julian Bassett
David Beck
Kylie Beck
Tom Carson
Alice Cho
Leigh Crouch
Nicole Crouch
Thomas Cullen (?)
Sophia De???
Evan Duffy
Fraser Duffy
Nina Fairlie
Tom Fisher
Michael Foley
Christie Frank
Pam Frank
Fergus Gartlan
George Georgevski
Geoff Gillard
Liz Grogan
Gabrielle Harper
Emma Hill
Kane Hooper
Norbert Horvath
Gillian Jackson
Elly-Mae Johnson
Josh Kalab
Jocelyn Kemble
Stuart Kemble
Richard Law
Tina Law
Hunter Leonard
Nicole Leonard
Alley Lester
Jan Lester
Raymond Lester
Steven Liao
Gloria Lin
Mark Little
Sarah Little
Bianca Lowenstein
Emlyn Lucas
Erica Lucas
Matt Lucas
Tamara Lynch
Rien MacDonald
Alex Maloney
Caroline Maloney
Pat Maloney
Leroy Mataia
Ashleigh McSwan
Emme Messina
Brian Micallef
Greg Peart
Scott Rackham
Annalisa Rinder
James Rinder
Jaquie Salmon
Ammala Santoro
Errol Schmidt
Callum Scollay
Geoff Serra
Cindy Simes
Anthony Simpson
Madeline Simpson
Tracy Tseng
Elise Vowels
Briana Walker
Brendan Warren
Cheryl Wickens
Tony Wickens
Meg Wyly (?)
Suzanna Zagon

R2-45

Silver Meritorious Patron
In the blue-bordered ones, how come they all sign their names like Jack the Ripper?? :O

:lol:

They are so MICROMANAGED. The staff were not allowed to sign their own names!

:hysterical:

And another thing. Are these pictures of actors? I question that they're actual staff because they look almost healthy, like they've been eating well for awhile and getting some sleep. And their clothes aren't all sloppy. And the sad thing is, I bet the nice clothes and jewelry were taken back right after the photo shoot. Except the ties. I bet they were allowed to keep the ties.

Maybe I am too cynical...

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
The photos are fairly representative of the actual people. Maybe there's an airbrush here and there but for the most part they look like themselves on a good day with good lighting. :biggrin:

Semper Phi

Patron with Honors
And another thing. Are these pictures of actors? I question that they're actual staff because they look almost healthy, like they've been eating well for awhile and getting some sleep. And their clothes aren't all sloppy. And the sad thing is, I bet the nice clothes and jewelry were taken back right after the photo shoot. Except the ties. I bet they were allowed to keep the ties.

Maybe I am too cynical...

No, those are the real people--I trained with several of them at Flag.

The uniforms are issued to each staff member as part of the "ideal" org outfitting, so they get to keep those. The initial sets of clothing are free, but the replacements are fairly pricy. The clothes are quite high quality, but the jewelry is crap. The ties are zipper ties--that's how they get that big, fat, uniform knot on every guy.

I know this coz I used to have one myself (from a different org) :coolwink:, until I happily turned it in last year. The only thing I miss is the beautiful cashmere and silk scarf...

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
If I remember it right from oh so long ago, does things like sets up comm baskets, empties each divisional out basket, sorts the comm, delivers the comm to each divisional in basket. Does this two or three times a day. Hounds staff members to handle their baskets.

There was once (late 70s) a person at Saint Hill with this post, Marianne Bumberger. She was German, didn't speak English too well, just the person you want sorting despatches with abbreviated scribbled addressees!

Most of the time the post is held from above and kinda low priority. The comm would still get sorted and delivered once a day to the divisional in-baskets at least, but that was about it.

Paul

Any idea what happened top Marianne the german girl?
I know she married a guy called Alan while I was there, I think he was ex-army?

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Any idea what happened top Marianne the german girl?
I know she married a guy called Alan while I was there, I think he was ex-army?

I usually consider it to be good news when a Scientology victim hasn't shown up in Clearwater. My search on that side of the pond yields no Marianne Bumberger, and only one Baumberger (Age 53, in Massachusetts), so that's something.

There are a few people who are listed as Mitschüler of Marianne on stayfreinds.de who might be able to give you news of her.

She has (or had) a blog at Netlog where you might be able to reach her, and where she lists herself as living in Bavaria. Germany is a good sign, obviously, since it's a country that doesn't generally suck up the Kool-aids. However, on yasni.de she listed herself as an income tax adviser... and auditor.

:banghead:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Is Scott Rackham the kid of Mandy, who used to be at Saint Hill?

If so I probably saw him as a belly bump!

Such a shame there's some people there that look really nice, even human. Hope they come to their senses soon.