What's new

Leland's Rantings & Spewings

Leland

Crusader
I added this quote and link to my answer above (it answers both your questions);

"Since Hubbard’s death, Miscavige has been the Sea Org’s only Captain, and no one holds a higher rank."

http://tonyortega.org/2013/09/05/ma...y-leader-david-miscavige-lied-to-texas-court/

Sorry, missed that link. One more, when I was at AOLA, Ivan was "Captain" . Is Captain of an org not necessarily a Captain in rank? Is "Captain" in that case just respectful and honorary? Or were all other Captains demoted at some point?

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
How does promotion to a higher rank work in the SO? Does one study SO materials to pass an exam? Who or what "board" decides who and when one gets promoted? The hierarchy of which org is above which org is rather confusing also. If DM was or is in CMO..... couldn't Author Services boss him around for example....

I realize DM runs the whole show now.....but how? There are so many orgs and different corporate entities....sounds like a lot of work!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Thanks Panda. Are there many SO with the rank of Captain? What is above Captain, Commodore?

There are also honorary CAPTAINS in the Sea Org who work "in the field" putting ethics in (outside of orgs) on the 4th Dynamic. Such as Captain Bill Robertson who, like Ron, also shed his encumbrance to research upper OT levels at "Ron's Org".

Other notable Captains are. . .

Captain Kangaroo

CaptainKangaroo.jpg

Reaching out to salvage
Big Beings in little bodies

CAPTAIN & TENNILLE

revnorlnscover.jpg

Don't let their cover story fool you...
They are doing special Ops to
prepare the planet for the re-release* of
Captain Bill's "Galactic Marching Song"
and Commodore Ron's "Thank You For Listening"
so they will become huge pop hits this time.

* The previous release of these amazing songs did not sell any albums outside of Scientology orgs because the promotion was non-standard and not based on the correct tone level. Now-declared marketing people promoted at "exhilaration" but the correct tone level of people who listened to it was "hate" (1.4) Thus the new promo is going out at 2.4 (monotony) which will bring beings uptone and help them forget how much they hated the music.

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
There are also honorary CAPTAINS in the Sea Org who work "in the field" putting ethics in (outside of orgs) on the 4th Dynamic. Such as Captain Bill Robertson who, like Ron, also shed his encumbrance to research upper OT levels at "Ron's Org".

Other notable Captains are. . .

Captain Kangaroo

CaptainKangaroo.jpg

Reaching out to salvage
Big Beings in little bodies

CAPTAIN & TENNILLE

revnorlnscover.jpg

Don't let their cover story fool you...
They are doing special Ops to
prepare the planet for the re-release* of
Captain Bill's "Galactic Marching Song"
and Captain Ron's "Thank You For Listening"
so they will become huge pop hits this time.

* The previous release of these amazing songs did not sell any albums outside of Scientology orgs because the promotion was non-standard and not based on the correct tone level. Now-declared marketing people promoted at "exhilaration" but the correct tone level of people who listened to it was "hate" (1.4) Thus the new promo is going out at 2.4 (monotony) which will bring beings uptone and help them forget how much they hated the music.

ROFLOL.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'd like to hear more about the culture of the SO. LRH was masterfully in playing both ends against the middle. In some of my dealings with SO personnel, they were disdainful toward me. Perhaps they thought I wasn't doing my share or enough to "clear the planet." I must have heard the words " why aren't you in the sea org" a thousand times. I suppose they thought me a dilitant or thettie weetie? I'd like to hear some info about how the SO and scientology public were set at odds against each other, from a former SO point of view.

Emma, you sounded very angry when you wrote to me that you had to take orders from a 14 year old! I appreciate that info as it starts to bring a tiny bit of focus to my picture of the SO. I'd like to know something about the ranks and chain of command.

Just so former SO here have an idea of what it was like for me as a public person I'll make one statement about it. I worked double shifts, as a waiter, for almost 3 years to pay for OT 1-3. I reframed from movies, bars, and generally wasting money, so I could send in APs to Nicole Sims at AOLA. I lived in an unheated group house in DC. I walked home from work at night. In winter time I walked home through the snow on the streets. My feet got punished so much from the work the I hobbeled in the morning, crippled from the pain and hurt.

Perhaps former SO here at ESMB are waiting for Rathbun to talk about the next secret of being a high ranking former SO exec that he might talk about.

I'm waiting for ANY former SO member here to talk about the culture of the SO. And the unwritten but understood life that SO lived everyday and functioned off of. Those are the secrets I'm interested in.

Leland good questions.

Check under Forum the STAFF WAR STORIES you will find a lot of running accounts of life on staff both in and out of the Sea Org.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/forumdisplay.php?50-Staff-War-Stories

You can also go to https://sites.google.com/site/xseaorg/ on which there are many categories most of which are SO stories and info.

https://sites.google.com/site/xseaorg/insideintbase

Enjoy your reading.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sorry, missed that link. One more, when I was at AOLA, Ivan was "Captain" . Is Captain of an org not necessarily a Captain in rank? Is "Captain" in that case just respectful and honorary? Or were all other Captains demoted at some point?

In the military, when there is an opening in the TOC that needs to be filled immediately, a lower ranking person will get a temporary or "brevet" rank to that position, because he / she will need to order around people of the same rank or higher who may have longer time in grade. In WWII there was a lot of this. After the war, some were moved permanently into the rank, but many reverted to their lower rank and were discharged as the Armed Forces contracted. Hubbard was well aware of this.

All the non-DM Captains in the SO are brevet ranks, and so, though nominally the same rank, do not equal the Demented Midget's permanent status.

In Hubbard's day the rank above Captain was Commodore - 1 star.

Today, the rank of Commodore has been retired, and the first flag rank is called "Rear Admiral, Lower Half". IIRC, near the end of his life, Hubbard promoted himself to Admiral, which in his mind would have been 2 stars, I guess. Back then that would have been plain old "Rear Admiral", but today would be "Rear Admiral, Upper Half". Or maybe he skipped a few ranks and put on the 4 stars of a full Admiral. I've never seen the uniform and I doubt there was one - no need in the Bluebird.

Brevet ranks are extremely uncommon in the peacetime military.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
As far as I'm aware, someone correct me if I'm mistaken, the head honcho of a Sea Org Org like an AO is called the Captain of that Org (as opposed to ED - Executive Director - for the head of a non-SO Org). It's a Post Title, not a rank. Example; The Captain of AOSH ANZO was a Midshipman (rank) at one point.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
As far as I'm aware, someone correct me if I'm mistaken, the head honcho of a Sea Org Org like an AO is called the Captain of that Org (as opposed to ED - Executive Director - for the head of a non-SO Org). It's a Post Title, not a rank. Example; The Captain of AOSH ANZO was a Midshipman (rank) at one point.

Exactly. Post Titles are brevet ranks. It's not something even military people who served after Vietnam have much experience with. When you have conscription, a whole lotta posts open up and you have to fill them, even if the Regular Army guys look down their noses at them. In an all-volunteer army, there is no need for brevets, because expansions are planned and managed.

Planning and managing are not the Sea Org's strong suits.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

ooh - never that simple Panda

The CO of the SO Service Orgs AOSH EU, ASHO D&F, AOSH UK, AOLA, AOSH ANZO were given the honorary rank of - IIRC, Lieutenant. The CO's of he CLOs were given the honorary rank of Lt Cmdr, CO FSO was also, I believe, Lt Cmdr not sure how t went up from there to FB and Int.

Leland

Crusader
ooh - never that simple Panda

The CO of the SO Service Orgs AOSH EU, ASHO D&F, AOSH UK, AOLA, AOSH ANZO were given the honorary rank of - IIRC, Lieutenant. The CO's of he CLOs were given the honorary rank of Lt Cmdr, CO FSO was also, I believe, Lt Cmdr not sure how t went up from there to FB and Int.

Thanks Mick. This makes more sense to me. As a posts responsibilities broaden and cover a wider territory, the rank should be higher.

Leland

Crusader
I forgot to mention I really don't like Scien "Celebs". They are disgusting. They allow themselves to be used as bait. They are shills. I'd like to hear any info on special treatment. Especially any special auditing. Tom Cruise....hell, the c of s pandered for him.... Disgusting!

:vomit:
edit: couldn't find projectile vomit emoticon. Also would have preferred to use the word hate, but I think there is a law against that?

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
I'd like to hear more about the culture of the SO. LRH was masterfully in playing both ends against the middle. In some of my dealings with SO personnel, they were disdainful toward me. Perhaps they thought I wasn't doing my share or enough to "clear the planet."

When I was in, there was a general attitude amongst SO that certain affluent public were dilettantes. There was some resentment toward certain public who were flippant or arrogant about the low pay and poor conditions of SO members and treated us like servants or in a patronising way.

I did not enjoy browning up to the rich ones, but those that were friendly and compassionate or helpful were treated the same way. I thought the AOLA staff were pretty friendly to public, overall.

Just so former SO here have an idea of what it was like for me as a public person I'll make one statement about it. I worked double shifts, as a waiter, for almost 3 years to pay for OT 1-3. I reframed from movies, bars, and generally wasting money, so I could send in APs to Nicole Sims at AOLA. I lived in an unheated group house in DC. I walked home from work at night. In winter time I walked home through the snow on the streets. My feet got punished so much from the work the I hobbeled in the morning, crippled from the pain and hurt.

Perhaps former SO here at ESMB are waiting for Rathbun to talk about the next secret of being a high ranking former SO exec that he might talk about.

I'm waiting for ANY former SO member here to talk about the culture of the SO. And the unwritten but understood life that SO lived everyday and functioned off of. Those are the secrets I'm interested in.
Thanks, Leland. I'm sorry you went through all that. :heartflower:

What is there to say about SO life, really? You live, breathe and work to get your stats up every day, chronically short of sleep. There is so little personal life, so little money for most, that just going for a cake and cappuccino once a week is a real treat. Most SO members couldn't afford the insurance for a car and even bus fare more than once a week so walk to the doctor's or anywhere else.

Sea Org staff are often punished for crimes real or imagined. They are so abused that they respond in the only way they can -- by abusing the public at the drop of a hat

The first part is true, the second part is not. That is your assumption and conjecture and completely untrue. You were never in the SO, and I doubt you've had more than a few personal dealings with SO members.

They didn't target me that way,

So what you wrote wasn't even based on your personal experience, just hearsay?

When I would finish a service, I would get to the "see the recruiter" part of the routing form and draw a downward arrow through it, as if to say, skip this and just go on to the next step. They never questioned it.

Helena

Cool. When I worked as a recruiter, I hated seeing public on the routing forms, but it was required. Usually the down arrow meant "illegal pc" or otherwise unqualified.

Isme

Patron with Honors
How does promotion to a higher rank work in the SO? Does one study SO materials to pass an exam? Who or what "board" decides who and when one gets promoted? The hierarchy of which org is above which org is rather confusing also. If DM was or is in CMO..... couldn't Author Services boss him around for example....

I realize DM runs the whole show now.....but how? There are so many orgs and different corporate entities....sounds like a lot of work!

Sea Orgs "ranks" as in the chains and shoulder boards they wear are not ranks that have anything to do with post titles. It's MUCH preferred that a Commanding Officer and other post titles such as Supercargo, Chief Officer, and Public Officer ALSO hold high SO rank for what they call "ethics presence" however I don't remember if it's actually a requirement, at least I saw some SO Exec Staff without high ranks and some without any rank.

Sea Org ranks are Sea Org ONLY. Which is sort of difficult to understand since there are the "post titles" as well.

I could pull out the Admin Dictionary (only source I have) but it's boxed up and I'm lazy today.

When I was in I made it to Petty Officer 3rd class, rather low on the totem pole there. We were "responsible" for ethics, etc., of SEA ORG members, NOT post functions. We could call for Justice actions for SEA ORG violations, and perhaps recommend for post violations.

As an example I was made Chairman (correct title?) of a Comm Ev on a Missionaire who had "gone out-2D" for kissing an org staffer while on mission. There were Mission regs against it yadda-yadda, however the poor dude was NOT Mission trained, was NOT on Mission (no Msn 2nd or Insurance Missionaire (ethics). He was really on a PROJECT, but was being raked over the coals for because he reported himself and this cause the project to be recalled.

I cited his seniors and recommended THEY be Comm-Ev'ed. I had him go to EPF part B (I think that's what it's called) and advised that he only be sent out once trained in Mission tech. It went to IJC and "somehow" got staledated (didn't arrive within the required days) uh-huh, yeah right. Luckily the senior directly over him took my recommendations to heart and put him on the EPF part B and thanked me for my honest handling. She was the exception to the rule.

At any rate, to try to illustrate this further, we had a staffer in our org who had two gold bars (I don't remember the rank) who was always trying to boss people on their posts and when challenged would point to their bars. I mentioned this to that officer and showed them the issue. Also mentioned it to the Supercargo who did nothing until that "officer" bother them on their post. Then the Supercargo came to ME to find the Sea Org reference that SO rank was ONLY SO and that they couldn't order org staff around solely based on their SO rank. Hah! she finally got handled as the Supercargo was also a Class V or VI auditor who word-cleared the officer on that issue.

So there is SUPPOSED to be a separate-ness, at least it's written that there is, however with Davy-boy squirreling anything he gets his hands on, probably no longer.

As far as DM running the show? I disbelieve the entire party-line (no matter who spouts it) that he was named successor. I think he grabbed control with the help of some bully-boys and folks who thought they could control him better than those who were named. Guess they got their comeuppance, eh?

Isme

Patron with Honors
I'd like to hear more about the culture of the SO. LRH was masterfully in playing both ends against the middle. In some of my dealings with SO personnel, they were disdainful toward me. Perhaps they thought I wasn't doing my share or enough to "clear the planet." I must have heard the words " why aren't you in the sea org" a thousand times. I suppose they thought me a dilitant or thettie weetie? I'd like to hear some info about how the SO and scientology public were set at odds against each other, from a former SO point of view.

Yes, there is that attitude among some of the SO. On the other hand, once I was out and visited Flag for the 1st time as a public I saw public treating SO as servants. Mainly these were wealthier public from other countries, so maybe that had something to do with it - idk.

As far as SO, yes some are nasty bits. I remember a senior calling me about a woman that was unqualled (not meeting qualifications) for staff, I knew she was unqualled for staff but someone else had put her name forth. This woman had, when orphaned at 16 done what some 16 year olds often do to survive outside of the system that's rife with abuses, she sold sex. At this time she is 38, had been out of that life since 19 having put herself through school, met and married a great guy and had children. This senior immediately stated once I said hello, "[Name] is a whore and not qualled for staff". I was literally floored by this cavalier, AND crude, attitude towards someone who acted out of necessity and reformed herself BEFORE ever running into Scientology. (Now I realize that the DM mentality was even then filtering down)

Emma, you sounded very angry when you wrote to me that you had to take orders from a 14 year old! I appreciate that info as it starts to bring a tiny bit of focus to my picture of the SO. I'd like to know something about the ranks and chain of command.

I don't know what Emma's experience was, but I too had to take orders from children who were in the Commodore's Messenger Org. The idea is that anything a messenger has to say is to be taken as though it came from Ron himself. The children, for the most part, are used as runners with messages and very often there are adults back at "home office" who originated the orders.

I am very sorry that this was what happened. It's really sick how things are handled (regardless of whether you think it works or not). There seem to be many, many people in the SO right now who have thrown in totally with being sadists and are enjoying it. They suck, you're right. If they hadn't thrown in with the nastiness (mutual out-ruds) then they would be either leaving or trying to change things.

It's hard to change things. The stone walls that get thrown up are quite solid and if you persist the threats start.

Maybe, maybe not. Some may still feel the weight of the non-disclosure agreements, etc., but I feel that perhaps it's a case of the Sea Org compartmentalization being effective. One hand DOESN'T know what the other is doing. Even in the same org.

I'm trying to understand the "secrets" you think there are that aren't already being spoken of here. There are Flag Orders (FOs) that are operated off of that the general public NEVER see. They contain much about how to run orgs, rank and respect data, how to wash cars, water plants, plus some organizational info that wouldn't apply anywhere but the SO. From my experience there have been some Flag Orders that have been made into green on white policy, not many, but some.

Then there's the Orders Of the Day (OODs) that are orders LRH handed down apparently daily. These are sometimes referred to by the SO in relation to how things get down in the Sea Org. OODs and FOs often times are included for study on post checksheets.

OSA and GO stuff apparently has a lot that is super secret stuff that only OSA and the GO could see. Anything marked "Not BPI" (Not Broad Public Issue) won't be seen by the general public although much has been leaked and posted over the Internet. This Not BPI is not only for tech, but organizational and SO references as well.

There are the programs, orders and daily battle plans that no general public will have unrestricted access to. Some public that are working off of those have been required to sign non-disclosures, etc.

Anyone remember anything else?

Is this along the lines you were thinking Leland?

Leland

Crusader
At 1/2 a mil per bridge, that's 11.5 million dollars to get them all up the grade chart or just a few bit coins! Congrats!:nervous::dancer:

LoL, thanks. I had a giant yellow and black grasshopper in my back yard last summer. One day I noticed it staying on the ground for quite some time. I thought it might be laying eggs. I built a protective cage around the area . And this morning they have arrived!!!!!

Last edited: