ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Letter Back to the Church

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by svonhatten, Jul 25, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. svonhatten

svonhatten Patron with Honors

For a while now, I've been receiving letters from the Mission in Salt Lake with LRH quotes. About 3 this month alone. So, I decided to write my own letter back.

Here's the LRH quote I used:

"Since we can now handle all types of cases disconnection as a condition is cancelled." --LRH, 15 November 1968, HCO Policy Letter

The response should be interesting...

2. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Cool....then you can use "We have long since passed the point of having workable technology." Put that on the letter telling them you won't be buying the new books...:eyeroll:

3. Little Bear Victor

Little Bear Victor Silver Meritorious Patron

Policies for every situation

LRH policy has the unique quality of being so self-contradictory that you can justify anything by at least some policy. He has changed his viewpoint or modified his policies (like he did with tech) so many times that you can find "yes" or "no" for almost any situation.

This has the obvious advantage (to executives) that they can use the fact that "LRH said" to back up any order, no matter how insane, or no matter how contrary to the order they gave yesterday, with AUTHORITY. No one (inside the church) will argue with LRH policy (And if they do, you send them to cramming via ethics).

4. svonhatten

I'd like to think that policies like disconnection are made without force from the "church" and are left up to the individual to decide whether they are incapable of "handling" the individual or if they want to be a loser and quit on it. Alas, that isn't the case.

5. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

:goodposting:

Welcome to the board, LBV!

Good to have you here!

6. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

AS far as I know, nobody has ever been FORCED to disconnect. They are just persuaded, by being shown the policy on it.

Actually my mother never did disconnect from me. I just assumed. I'll probably get some disconnection letter from her soon, cause I sent her something, and she'll be dragged down to ethics, if she doesnt walk down there herself. She'll write a KR on me that I will never see, and send me an official disconnection letter.

7. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

The word 'forced' is kind of iffy. Like a robber doesn't 'force' his victim to haul out the cash; he just holds a gun to the head of her child.

Read narrowly, 'forcing' someone to do something would require holding their hand and 'forcing' it and 'moving their fingers' and legs etc. Whatever it takes to directly 'force' someone.

In any *other* sense, Disconnection is 'forced' on people, by threatening to 'take away their Bridge' or 'force' everyone *else* to disconnect from them (thus taking away their family, employment, etc.)

And, 'Disconnection Letters' are few and far between nowdays, since they end up getting published and cause no end of 'PR Flaps'.

So, don't count on getting one :)

Zinj

8. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

Don't worry, you will be seeing your mother soon enough. She is old enough that she'll be having trouble with 16 -18 hour days with 15 minute meal breaks to scoff down her beans and rice. She will be out of there whether she likes it or not, with her $500 severence pay for 30 odd years of service. Sorry if this sounds totally negative, but that is what will happen.

Just make sure she's able to find you. She will be in need of some support and understanding. There is an upside. You will both regain family ties.

9. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

This may not be an accurate statement. SO members too old are sent to nursing homes, in Florida mostly I gather, and denied materials and meters
    and I believe asked to end cycle. They may be able to access the internet.

So Bea you may have to put your real name on the net, and maybe make your own website. Its unlikely that COS will attack you. They leave me alone for example.

Maybe others can tell you alternate ways to track your mum.

10. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

Well, I've spoken of my father alot here. But my mother? She is way deep in the S.o. She has been there for 27 years without moving an inch on the Bridge. She has been through some pretty bad times in the SO and survived them. It would totally suprise me if she woke up and decided she'd had enough. If she ever does wake up, she is welcome in my home.

However, she has her own money. She would not just be clutching that $500.00 from the church.

I have ways of finding out how she is doing. She is alright. She is remarried now (after her last husband passed away from cancer).

If she wanted, she could very easily locate me. She is not lost from me. There are plenty of ways for her to locate and contact me.

My dad is the tough one. Only cause I have not yet confirmed by conversation. I have gotten close. And it will happen. Just takes time.

I may put up a website for him to try to find me. That is a good idea. Thank you Kookaburra and Terril. :yes:

11. pomfritz

pomfritz Patron with Honors

I hope she does wake up BK. And it may not be as remote as you think. The old-timers must've thought the job would progress at at least a noticable amount in all these years. Even the most deluded has got to assess the progress at some point and see the outpoints. I ran across a write-up by a long timer who was asking himself these very same things, where was the progress, both 4th dynamic and the 1st. Very much the stuff you and I probably asked ourselves many times, I sure did. And what I found on leaving was that I was not alone in my doubts. You probably ran across these doubts in others often in your post, (C/S right?). Keep that room open.

12. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

Bea, I think there comes a point in everyone's life when they sit back and re-evaluate. People who have been in and dedicated loyal staff for longer than your mother do come out. And what stories to tell! It is good she has some money. That is a big help while in and for when she leaves.

Another thing. CoS has recently been offloading older staff members. She may come out even before she's ready. It's happened to quite a few.

People do come out of the SO, many of whom are the ones you would never have suspected.

You'll be seeing your mother, too. :yes:

13. svonhatten

He he... I just may. I'll have that one lined up along with, another. It's in my sig line.

"Scientology has opened the gates to a better World. It is not a psycho-therapy nor a religion." -L. Ron Hubbard, page 251, Creation of Human Ability (c) 1954 by L. Ron Hubbard

Still no word back from the church.