ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Liberation

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Emma, Feb 10, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Colleen K. Peltomaa

Colleen K. Peltomaa Silver Meritorious Patron

Exactly the evolution that Hubby and I are going through right now, bless you.

2. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Scientologist Arrested for Assault Against Anon Protester

From WhiteTrashMessiah on OCMB:

3. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

As my Texas relations would say: "Good on Yew!"

Mark A. Baker

4. riptide

riptide Patron with Honors

Cheers to you Emma, I know exactly how you feel. Kinda like doing a contact assist huh?

I agree with all the other sentiments in response to you post.

As economy of words sometimes is as effective, I echo what was said early.

Fuck 'em.

I agree that this most recent upheaval as promulgated by Anonymous has probably helped many of us Ex Scientologists to draw strength from our increasing numbers and our combined conviction will continue to give us the strength and drive to eventually make an impact.

I believe we can. I believe we will. I believe we have the right on our side and we will eventually bring down the goliath just as in Toms Cruises film War of the World where the alien invaders were brought down by the earths most tiny life forms.

Good will prevail. This is just the start of a new wave that will signal the eventual tsunami.

Scientology, note this date in your records. The war has come to your doorstep and pay backs a bitch.

5. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Good for YOU, Emma.

We are on that road, too.

We drove by our local Mission.....we took pics, noted how many protesters were there....

We weren't quite ready to join them, tho....yet they probably saw our faces in the car watching them....

Wisened One

6. lionheart

lionheart Gold Meritorious Patron

Well done Emma!

I laughed and cried on my Picket.

Laughed, when passers by spontaneously applauded us.

Laughed, when afterwards in the pub, one anonymous was trying to explain about R6 and implants. The other misunderstood and thought he was talking about some modern-day gizmo and the first said "no, it was when they all went into the cinemas." I laughed out loud at the ridiculousness of the words, at the fact the words, I never thought would be spoken, were being said with such incredulous naivity. It was wonderfully liberating!

I cried on the way home, that I was the only ex-scn there, I cried for all the abused and frightened and apathetic.

I cried, that at last Hubbard's evil game was maybe coming to an end.

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

7. neiljung

neiljung Patron with Honors

Yeah. Thanks Emma for making this space, and massive respect for stepping out. Big hugs to you for having a win of that magnitude. You were already a big being, but now you've filled your boots.

DM is shaking in his elevated italian hand-made platform shoes as I type.

8. pomfritz

pomfritz Patron with Honors

We drove by in LA not really planning on stopping. I wanted to but my wife said she didn't. After driving past and honking she said she wanted to stop and say hi to them. :)

So we did. We hung out with them for awhile. We didn't have masks on, got filmed by the off-duty cops hired by the cult.

It was very liberating to just be there, not worried about hiding or any crap like that. We are even in some of the videos popping up on Youtube.

Sundays always have a little special meaning to me. That was CSP time and allowed us as a family to spend a few hours together, have breakfast at Eat Well in Glendale and then to Trader Joe's, (major replenishment center for culties). But always rushing to be back by 1:00pm muster. No more of that BS!

So after we left we headed down to Huntington Beach to stroll around. It was a beautiful, warm day. Tons of people relaxing, drummers keeping the beat in the background, the sound of the waves. Both of us were just grooving on the whole thing and thinking about our time trapped in the cult. Later we drove to Laguna Beach took off our shores and walked along the shore for some time, later had a casual dinner at Greeter's Corner on the deck and watched the sun set. It was an absolutely wonderful day, in so many ways.

I am so glad to be out.

9. lionheart

lionheart Gold Meritorious Patron

Fantastic Pomfritz! Well done! :happydance:

10. Colleen K. Peltomaa

Colleen K. Peltomaa Silver Meritorious Patron

Oh, you make me nostalgic for LA! Hubbie and I drove down Yonge Street in Toronto, spoke with some protestestors, honked our horn and took some pictures. Protestors were very polite and really wanted to get info from me when I told them I am an ex-scientologist. I think I got a little emotional, so I hope they don't put me on YouTube.

11. OHTEEATE

OHTEEATE Silver Meritorious Patron

EMMA

The stats must be off the chart and up the wall today! We were able to see the CW protest in progress, and take some pics. The unethical backlash is hitting the CofS hard. Books, articles, worldwide protests. What was promoted as the hope of man has angered many people by failing, and creating something else entirely. It goes to show what failed help can create.
    I think some staff who can still think need to form a concept of an amnesty, and reach out with proposals to reform the Church, and quick. DM must go, with full comm ev, all particulars known, full criminal prosecution for assaults within statute of limitations, any theft or misappropriation of funds. Disconnection cancelled forever, and families reuinted. Anything less and all staff are for it, and will wind up in new jobs anyway when the Church goes down. It will go down as who in their right mind would go into a test center NOW?
    Emma, Merry Christmas, honey. You ROCK!

12. Nona

Nona Patron

I'm really glad to see that we've helped you somehow, Emma, and everyone here. I hope that this does something for the cause.