ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

List Of All Ex Scientologists Who Have Spoken Out

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Recovering Scientologist, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

I'm in favour of this initiative. The IFA website found on all my success story posts lists quite a few who are openly and publically in the FZ. The
    success stories I've posted often name the auditors with training levels and with their permission. This is all in the public domain.

I shall ask on my FZ forum if anyone wishes there name added. You can add mine for what its worth.

2. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

Name (IN details; OUT details)

Vinay Agarwala (SO 1971 -1983 Flagship Apollo, Flag Ft. Harrison, Clearwater. Posting 2007-9 on ESMB as "Vinaire")

3. MAX YOUR CREDIT

MAX YOUR CREDIT Patron with Honors

4. Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily Gold Meritorious Patron

It would be great if this were in the form of a sortable or searchable database so that people could search by Org or post as well as by name. It would help them find familiar names faster (this list is getting Sooooo looooong that it's getting unwieldy! :coolwink: )

-TL

5. byte301

byte301 Crusader

It's early days so it might be searchable by org in the end.

There's also talk of making a video of it.

6. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

7. Rae

Rae Patron with Honors

3 more come to mind:
    Kenny Wasserman - sued and won
    Kelly Wasserman - one of Ken's daughters. Story on Ex-SciKids (I'm almost postive it's Kelly that's out and the other daughter Jamie who's in. co
    Skip Press - exScio a journalist.

8. Thanks. Kelly and Skip are on list. Do you have any more info on Kenny? How long he was in, info about the lawsuit, etc? That would be helpful.

9. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

The actual number of 'exes' is in the thousands and tens of thousands. Almost certainly multiples of 'current' Scientologists. However, the number of *publicly* out Scientologists is smaller. Still, it's far more than the current list, so, it's wise to point to its incompletion.

Zinj

10. My first False Report Report since leaving the church.

I didn't make the list but I believe in it and think it serves a great function. To show all the people who have left Scientology proper and are now getting on with their lives in whatever form. It's also early in the lists development and things can be changed/modified easily. Such as adding "freezoner" to the name or a link to a story which explains the person is practicing whatever form of belief they want to. And modifying the title "ALL THESE PEOPLE ARE SAYING THE SAME THING...SCIENTOLOGY DOESN'T WORK".

But I personally believe those things are of secondary importance right now. They become more important as the list become refined and more complete. Right now it's to get as many names and stories on the list as possible.

But that is just my opinion.

11. A lot of you who posted here have now made it onto the list!

I couldn't update my original post (maybe the option goes away after a week or something) so I'll post the updated list here. Close to 350 names now.

Edit: Oh a lot of the names have links to people's stories, but the links fail with a copy-paste from WWP. If you are interested in seeing the links just take a cruise over there.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  12. And your point is......?

This isn't a list of exes, it's a list of exes who have spoken out. If you want to start making a list of all exes, go for it.

13. Zinjifar

My point would be that it's not even a list of publicly 'ex church' Scientologists, but instead a list of those easily found. I'm not saying it's not a good start, but, this 'poll' type listing has implications to being 'here it is'. No; it's the start of a list that is incomplete and will need constant updating. It's not a reflection on the 'list' itself, but on the implication that it could even possibly be an exhaustive list.

Zinj

14. I still don't get what your point is. In a magical world, yes, we would know all ex-scientologists instantly and have a complete story on each written by the best authors. But Rainbow Bright isn't president and pigs don't fly.

No, the list has to start somewhere so why are you shooting it down already? No one said it's complete or even close to it. A lot of people who left Scientology and spoke out did it prior to ESMB, ClamBake, etc. So their names and stories are not easily found and requires work. Which we are doing and you are complaining about.

If you think they were all easily found maybe you should read the whole thread on WWP that was started over two weeks ago. I've posted here, on ExScnKids and over there collecting names and stories. I've put a few hours of work into it just myself and others have done more than me I'm sure.

Maybe instead of complaining about it you could do a little research and add a name or two? Hmmmm? Or would that be too much work?

By the way, there have been at least three exes who posted their full names for the first time over on WWP, BECAUSE OF THIS LIST. I'm proud to be part of that.

15. Zinjifar

Not All

My objection is *this*:

List Of All Ex Scientologists Who Have Spoken Out

Words have meanings and, I don't object to the List, but, the implication of the 'title' of the list is actually counter productive. Because it's *not*

Zinj

16. :eyeroll:

Ok Mr Symantics. It's not going before congress to be put into law just yet. It's simply a list, in-progress, on a thread. You can post your complaint over at WWP if you want or send a PM to RightOn who started the list. He/she is very nice and would give you due attention.

But it's kind of like seeing someone trying to put out a fire and instead of helping you say, "You're doing it wrong."

17. byte301

byte301 Crusader

Zinj,

That won't be the name of the list in the end. They are taking a vote on the name later.

We may never get the names of all exes who've spoken out but we can give it a try.:)

18. cybersurf

cybersurf Patron with Honors

Testing to post.

19. clamicide

clamicide Gold Meritorious Patron

I'd have tweaked by now....

Hell...I'm quite impressed that all your posts haven't been simply tons of:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: after how this thread went down. It's all good...well, IMHO, but I don't count for that much when it comes down to it:D

20. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

Hey, for the record, I cringed when I saw the title of the list.

I would have pefered to see "List of some Exes who have spoken out". It perturbed me enough, to want to stay off the list (I thought if I stayed off it, at least the ANZOites sitting on the fence and seeing it would realise that the list was incomplete). Later I changed my mind, but I still don't feel comfortable about it.

I don't think it's just about symantics. If anything, that title works against us, and I for one would like to see it changed. It gives ammo to OSA, to those zealots still in, and it gives an incorrect picture to fence sitters looking for info.

Here are some more names that can be added:

Tim Underwood - Sydney staff member 79-86, and ED HCA Sydney in '90's
    Greg Williams - Sydney staff member and major contributor '79 - '08
    Peta O'Brien - SO member at CLO and AOSH ANZO, and field contributor
    Aaron Judge - Cadet and SO member in Sydney for 15 years
    Dean Detheridge - ED ACT (Australian Capital Territory) (staff member for 20 years)
    Ana Deatheridge - 13 years on staff in ACT and Sydney

I know of about 15 more who may add their names - they've been contacted about it, and it'll be up to them.

I also know of another 35 or so, who have spoken out about Scn. However, in this country just about everyone googles the name of potential business associates these days, and because of this, many who have spoken out wouldn't want their names on the list - They don't want to be seen as having any association with the CofS by potential business associates.

In addition to these guys, I know or know of another 400 or so who have become exes in the last nine months, but they aren't up to letting it be known that they are out yet, mostly because of jobs or family at stake. They are speaking out though, to the public and to friends still "in" - Where they stand and their "speaking out" (despite being in the ranks of the "underground") counts for much but can't be promoted at this time. :)