ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

List of Scientology related suicides

Discussion in 'In Memory Of...' started by TrevAnon, Jan 5, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. TrevAnon

TrevAnon Big List researcher

2. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

If a person "causatively drops their body" as Hubbard did, is that considered a suicide? :unsure:

Clay Pigeon likes this.
  3. George Layton

George Layton Silver Meritorious Patron

That was more like running out the back door.

4. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

As someone once said " Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem ".

Known too many that bailed by suicide & only a few that the pain from a terminal illness wasn't endurable to them.

5. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Gold Meritorious Patron

There are two schools of thought on that Pitsy.

People who gain high levels of command over the body can control by will the autonomic muscles so as to stop their heartbeat. This is normal in many esoteric schools.

Traditional Judeochristion thought strictly forbids it.

Gizmo likes this.
  6. Wilbur

Wilbur Patron Meritorious

JustSheila likes this.
  7. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

8. TrevAnon

TrevAnon Big List researcher

Uhm... I didn't create that. It was done by someone on WWP who goes by the name Incredulicide, and - I am not sure - he or she was 'inspired' :D by some other site.

JustSheila likes this.
  9. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Gold Meritorious Patron

Hmmm...

Rather sobering list...

I noted only three entries from before I left in 1974, the earliest being 1968.

The suicide rate appears to go up when Hubbard goes off lines in the early 80's and jumps much higher after his death.