What's new

"Long strings of psychotics"

Veda

Sponsor

There has been much fuss by the Scientology cult and its apologists denying responsibility for causing bad behavior, whether that bad behavior be homicide, suicide, child abuse, fraud, or insanity.

With the examination of documents such as the two below, written by L. Ron Hubbard himself, there is revealed a disturbing pattern of outrageous falsehood and cover up.

This is so strange that it's easy to gloss over, yet it's key.

L. Ron Hubbard claimed that, in 1955 and earlier, psychiatrists were giving LSD to people and sending them into Scientology organizations.

He also claimed that psychiatrists were using "pain-drug-hypnosis" on people and sending them into Scientology organizations.

Lots of them. "Long strings" of them.

All to make Scientology look bad.

As proof that this was occurring, he presented a mysterious booklet which he claimed was a secret Russian Communist document. The mysterious document featured multiple denunciations of Dianetics as a patriotic force for freedom and sanity that must be stopped.

The booklet has long been shown to be a hoax, and Hubbard has been shown to be an inveterate liar.

However, the question remains, "Why the fabrications? What was Hubbard, as early as the 1950s, attempting to conceal?"

"Long strings of psychotics" were Hubbard's words describing people and events in his own organizations, and then he provided the "explanations" to put Scientologists at ease.

To what was he referring?

Has Scientology been driving people insane since its inception? and then covering it up?

It would appear that Scientology has had problems with people going crazy under its "Hubbard Guidance" since virtually its inception.

One might assume that Scientologists would notice this, but Scientologists would regard such things as "unthinkable." The thought would simply not occur. Anyone going insane as a result of "Hubbard Guidance" would be dismissed as a degraded being, or worse.

L. Ron Hubbard, in the 'Professional Auditors Bulletin' of 30 September 1955, "explained":

"I could tell you about long strings of psychotics run in on the Foundation and the Association, sent in to us by psychiatrists who then, using LSD and pain-drug-hypnosis, spun them and told everyone that Dianetics and Scientology drove people insane. I could tell you about the strange politics and ambitions of psychiatry, so well covered in the book Psychopolitics [Note: that refers to Hubbard's hoax Russian textbook, which he had just secretly authored, and was soon to have privately published], and give you a proper riddle as to why we, a small group, the only ANGLO-SAXON DEVELOPMENT IN THE FIELD OF THE MIND AND SPIRIT [sic], have been subjected to so much attack and finance... But I am not telling you stories or being dramatic. I am inviting your cooperation in your own future security..."

As for dealing with those whose behavior became erratic or an embarrassment after Scientology processing, Hubbard wrote, in the same 'PAB':

"You'll find the family physician or psychiatrist was called in midway in processing... You'll find there is a vested interest somewhere in the insanity of the person. An so testify that you suspect it. We will have on hand lots of literature on LSD..."

Sixteen years later, Hubbard wrote a confidential policy regarding any "case or upset in Scientology." It got right to the point.

It has the simple title 'Confidential', and is dated 29 June 1971:

"Policy is that we assign any case or upset in Scientology to past damage and interference with the person by medicine or psychiatry. They were sent into us after medicine or psychiatry had already destroyed them. We cannot be blamed for psychiatric or medical failures."

More cover up.

Does Scientology create insanity?

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
I never saw anyone go insane at a lower org from getting auditing.

There are stories of people going insane on OT III. I can see that the idea of having disincarnate beings all over and around you that influence you could make a person go nuts.

Veda

Sponsor
I never saw anyone go insane at a lower org from getting auditing.

There are stories of people going insane on OT III. I can see that the idea of having disincarnate beings all over and around you that influence you could make a person go nuts.
I saw it several times, and quickly made myself forget it.

Not just auditing, but also as the result of interaction with Scientology in many forms: Ethics Officers, Registrars, Supervisors, etc., plus "SPs" being audited on "reverse processes."

What do you make of the two Hubbard pieces? What was he writing about?

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hubbard probably was doing what he was so good at doing: inventing shit. There may well have been some people that had mental issues that came in (or brought in by relatives) thinking they might get help.

Clearly he wanted to shift the blame away from his tech. We know there were people that went "type III".

Lisa McPherson is the most publicized example. Susan Meister's 'suicide' is another that has never been satisfactorily answered. There are many others.

Veda, what is your opinion on the McClaughtry's (sp?) web-site where they put forward the idea that Hubbard was working with the gov't on MK-Ultra-like projects back in the early 50's?

Veda

Sponsor
Hubbard probably was doing what he was so good at doing: inventing shit. There may well have been some people that had mental issues that came in (or brought in by relatives) thinking they might get help.

Clearly he wanted to shift the blame away from his tech. We know there were people that went "type III".

Lisa McPherson is the most publicized example. Susan Meister's 'suicide' is another that has never been satisfactorily answered. There are many others.

Veda, what is your opinion on the McClaughtry's (sp?) web-site where they put forward the idea that Hubbard was working with the gov't on MK-Ultra-like projects back in the early 50's?
I have no opinion of MacClaughry MK-Ultra speculation.

Hubbard went through a lot of trouble to hide something having to so with "strings of psychotics."

The pattern(s) of deceit are used by the Scientology cult to this day.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Speculation: dozen's of hours or running "book & bottle" or "look at that wall... walk over to that wall.. touch that wall... turn around" could drive a person nuts :) I mean look at poor Freddy in the movie "The Master" :eek:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I don't see how you couldn't go a bit mad on OT III+ auditing the souls of dead space aliens that have infested your belly button.

Can't see any particular reason someone would go mad on "Recall a time you were ......"

RogerB

Crusader
Hey Emma . . . what happened to the avatar smile of yours we so loved?

Has the return of the Armadillo's affect on our play pen wiped the original away and inverted it?:D

This new one you are wearing is quite fearsome :eek:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I saw it several times, and quickly made myself forget it.

Not just auditing, but also as the result of interaction with Scientology in many forms: Ethics Officers, Registrars, Supervisors, etc., plus "SPs" being audited on "reverse processes."

What do you make of the two Hubbard pieces? What was he writing about?
There are some people who are mentally fragile, who cannot handle stressful situations well. And Scientology can be VERY stressful at times, particularly "ethics handlings" and "crush reg cycles" and recruiting cycles.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hey Emma . . . what happened to the avatar smile of yours we so loved?

Has the return of the Armadillo's affect on our play pen wiped the original away and inverted it?:D

This new one you are wearing is quite fearsome :eek:
My previous avatar was a picture of a pivotal moment in season 7 where Daenerys decided to fight with fire.

This avatar is a similar pivotal moment in season 8.

RogerB

Crusader
My previous avatar was a picture of a pivotal moment in season 7 where Daenerys decided to fight with fire.

This avatar is a similar pivotal moment in season 8.
:) I don't even know if the TV show with Daenerys as a character in it is on TV here, whatever the shows title is . . . in truth, my evenings are spent in research with my team on another time zone.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
:) I don't even know if the TV show with Daenerys as a character in it is on TV here, whatever the shows title is . . . in truth, my evenings are spent in research with my team on another time zone.
It's a Game of Thrones thing. I really need to get over it.

vain_shields217

Patron with Honors

There has been much fuss by the Scientology cult and its apologists denying responsibility for causing bad behavior, whether that bad behavior be homicide, suicide, child abuse, fraud, or insanity.

With the examination of documents such as the two below, written by L. Ron Hubbard himself, there is revealed a disturbing pattern of outrageous falsehood and cover up.

L. Ron Hubbard claimed that, in 1955 and earlier, psychiatrists were giving LSD to people and sending them into Scientology organizations.

He also claimed that psychiatrists were using "pain-drug-hypnosis" on people and sending them into Scientology organizations.

As proof that this was occurring, he presented a mysterious booklet which he claimed was a secret Russian Communist document. The mysterious document featured multiple denunciations of Dianetics as a patriotic force for freedom and sanity that must be stopped.

The booklet has long been shown to be a hoax, and Hubbard has been shown to be an inveterate liar.

However, the question remains, "Why the fabrications? What was Hubbard, as early as the 1950s, attempting to conceal?"

"Long strings of psychotics" were Hubbard's words describing people and events in his own organizations, and then he provided the "explanations" to put Scientologists at ease.

Has Scientology been driving people insane since its inception? and then covering it up?

It would appear that Scientology has had problems with people going crazy under its "Hubbard Guidance" since virtually its inception.

One might assume that Scientologists would notice this, but Scientologists would regard such things as "unthinkable." The thought would simply not occur. Anyone going insane as a result of "Hubbard Guidance" would be dismissed as a degraded being, or worse.

L. Ron Hubbard, in the 'Professional Auditors Bulletin' of 30 September 1955, "explained":

"I could tell you about long strings of psychotics run in on the Foundation and the Association, sent in to us by psychiatrists who then, using LSD and pain-drug-hypnosis, spun them and told everyone that Dianetics and Scientology drove people insane. I could tell you about the strange politics and ambitions of psychiatry, so well covered in the book Psychopolitics [Note: that refers to Hubbard's hoax Russian textbook, which he had just secretly authored, and was soon to have privately published], and give you a proper riddle as to why we, a small group, the only ANGLO-SAXON DEVELOPMENT IN THE FIELD OF THE MIND AND SPIRIT [sic], have been subjected to so much attack and finance... But I am not telling you stories or being dramatic. I am inviting your cooperation in your own future security..."

As for dealing with those whose behavior became erratic or an embarrassment after Scientology processing, Hubbard wrote, in the same 'PAB':

"You'll find the family physician or psychiatrist was called in midway in processing... You'll find there is a vested interest somewhere in the insanity of the person. An so testify that you suspect it. We will have on hand lots of literature on LSD..."

Sixteen years later, Hubbard wrote a confidential policy regarding any "case or upset in Scientology." It got right to the point.

"Policy is that we assign any case or upset in Scientology to past damage and interference with the person by medicine or psychiatry. They were sent into us after medicine or psychiatry had already destroyed them. We cannot be blamed for psychiatric or medical failures."

More cover up.

the US government was experimenting on mental patients during the 20 years of the MK-ULTRA programme

RogerB

Crusader
You're far too civilized for GOT, Rog.

Paul
Ain't that a fact!:p

But my favorite of all time avatar and real life pic of our Emma is that one with the lovely, cocky smile and nicotine stick erected out of the corner of her mouth :D

Hey, Emms, your adoring fans want, demand, deserve real pics of you!!!!:cool:

If Paul and I can do it . . . :D

Actually while I'm posting to friends, I have to report I'll be spending less time on ESMB . . . the drill is, I am about to get involved in the creation of of an on-line course which will involve me doing a series of video taped lecture/presentation plus an array of written materials.

And a time demand is involved :eek:

guanoloco

As-Wased
There's a footnote in Science of Survival about a highly regarded staff member/auditor who was married to a 1.1 and how he was cautioned to divorce but stubbornly staid loyal and was shot and killed while processing her.

On the other side of that he claimed Self Analysis could drive one mad and Excalibur had driven more than one mad but these were marketing gimmicks.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Best way to hide is in a crowd. I'm guessing L Ron Hubbard was nuts himself, and he knew it, so one of his techniques to draw attention away from his own mental state was to assume the authority of someone who could tell when others were crazy. He didn't always do a good job of it . . .

But, yeah, I'm guessing Scientology did appear a good solution to many troubled people who would probably have become mentally ill regardless of what other treatment option they chose, only not as ill as they became in and because of Scientology. Especially if they had a few quid in their "bank" which needed "clearing" out.

Leland

Crusader

More cover up.

Well posted Veda. I don't know what Hubbard had in mind. My own experience was that the various "Rules" of Scientology....put one on guard....and introverted. Also things like being Regged for the SO or Money all the time, over and over for more than 25 years. Yes, that was difficult.

I know what you mean by Scientology driving one crazy. Most Public were completely sold on the Cult....and slaved away their lives....to pay for it. That is kinda crazy, IMO. I know since I left....I have suffered major mental and spiritual problems...

Certainly things like the Introspection RD and Sec Checking....could drive one crazy....or were designed to.

Funny story, back in 1973 or so...at FCDC, I got about 200 hours of Auditing. I had read about the Introspection Rd....and thought it might be something that would help me. When I said this...I was looked at like I was crazy.
(was it just for crazy people...or to drive one crazy...?)

Just as a question, was the Introspection Rd ever delivered as a solution or as "help." Has anyone done it....or know of anyone that was C/Sed to do this action?

Not as a dispute of your post....but as added information here is a article about LSD use in Hollywood. This article states that over 40,000 LSD trips were conducted between 1950 and 1965. This was before and not related to the Hippie movement or Timothy Leary.

Cary Grant a huge movie star at the time....took 100 LSD trips. From 1958 to 1961 in Beverly Hills.

You know Hubbard's fascination with Movie Stars and Hollywood....

Plus, Hubbard talks about putting a towel around his head and promoting himself as a Swami in Hollywood.

So....what's to say what the hell he all did back then.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...in-tinseltown-changed-my-life-lsd-documentary

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
J. A. Winter, in "A Doctor's Report on Dianetics":

It was called to my attention that two individuals had developed acute psychoses subsequent to dianetic "processing." Both of these people had apparently been sane prior to this time; they were neurotic and unhappy, but yet adapted to society sufficiently well so that their conduct fell within the bounds of social acceptability. One, a woman, developed an acute manic psychosis, characterized by the usual increased psycho-motor activity, disorientation, delusions and deterioration. It became necessary to institutionalize her, as any further attempts at dianetic therapy were ineffectual. [...]
http://www.xenu.net/archive/fifties/e510000.htm

Perry Chapdelaine, talking about his time at the HDRF, Elizabeth, NJ:

Of those who started the foundation: Winter, Roger, Campbell and Hubbard, Roger was there toward the end. A PhD in chemistry who was very unstable broke down. Roger asked me to take care of him until they could haul him off to an asylum a long way away the next morning. I stayed with the guy on the third floor of an empty house. He would not sleep, but constantly dramatized his engrams with physical motions. We hauled him off. That’s the last time I saw Rogers.
http://scientolipedia.org/info/Perry_Chapdelaine

PC being audited, 1950:
Dian2-e1494036910354.png

(More pictures at article.)
https://tonyortega.org/2017/05/06/ah-the-reveries-of-1950-when-dianetics-was-in-full-bloom/

Last edited: