What's new

Looking for Info on Cal Cole

JD Cole

I was never a staff member--I was involved with the church at a very young age (I was auditing at 10) through my dad, who was raised in the Cadet Org at LAO. I very quickly dissociated from the church, and now that I hear so much about it I'm glad I never got too involved. Many of you will know my grandpa, the recent captain of AOLA, Cal Cole. He was so involved with the church that I hardly ever saw him growing up, and now that he has been transferred to Clearwater, my only contact is a letter here and there.

Now, I've done some digging, and found Cal's name on documents as far back as the 1970s and his is the only name singled out on the official documentation of the U.S. v. Church of Scientology Western U.S. court case for the tax exemption back in 1992. I knew that he had some prose in the world of Scientology, but from what little mention I can find he seems to be a bit higher up than I knew. Does anybody know anything about how much sway he has in the church? His rank, position, etc. Anything helps.

This is just for the sake of my own curiosity, him being family and all. Thank you in advance :)

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I knew Cal well when I was in. Really nice guy. So nice I was always surprised he survived so long as an exec, since you pretty much have to be a raging asshole to do that.

I kind of remember Cal's son, who I assume must be your dad. (I only remember him having one kid. Am I wrong about that?) Never got the idea he was too with the program. Good for him. Good for you for not getting involved.

JD Cole

I knew Cal well when I was in. Really nice guy. So nice I was always surprised he survived so long as an exec, since you pretty much have to be a raging asshole to do that.

I kind of remember Cal's son, who I assume must be your dad. (I only remember him having one kid. Am I wrong about that?) Never got the idea he was too with the program. Good for him. Good for you for not getting involved.
Yes, I'm very glad I never did. My dad had a little brother also, neither of them were really into the church but both still identify as Scientologists (my dad was offended when I first told him I wasn't one).

Yea, my grandpa was always great when I saw him (once a year on Christmas morning, though he left by noon for roll--can't remember what it's called but I always thought it sounded like mustard). Do you know anything specific about him? I don't mean to pry, I'm just curious about how high up he really is...and of course I want to know if he's peeked into the 'briefcase' yet, which from what I understands happens at OT 3.

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious
I don't know his current situation. I heard he was busted from AOLA and went to Int for a while (not verified).
I'd suggest posting in Mike Rinder's blog. Lot's of ex'es read that blog.
Cal was married to Chris if I remember right. He sometimes was called 'Calamoose'!