What's new

Looking for scientologists to interview

YungM

Hi,

I'm a student writing my dissertation on Scientology. If your willing to carry out an interview with me about your experiences with the organisation please contact me via skype. My username is maaria_azhar. Thanks!

Maaria

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Hello Maaria and welcom on ESMB, :)

May I suggets you the follwing:

Since this board is (on a permanent basis) monitored by the (OSA) police of $cientology , to grab the coordinates of ex-scientologists who speak out in order to ''coerce'' them in shutting off...

If I would be someone well intented in interviewing willing people, and not related in any way to $cientology organization, I would provide them with my complete profile and coordinate, that may be verified, in order to get response.

The following may be provided:
Your complete name
University
School and degree
Thesis subject
Director of thesis

I wish you good luck and great success with your thesis. ;)

Last edited:

YungM

Hello Maaaria and welcom on ESMB, :)

May I suggets you the follwing:

Since this board is on apermanent basis, monitored by The (OSA) police of $cientology , in order to grapb the coordinates of ex-scientologists who speak out in order to ''coerce'' them in shutting off...

If I would be someone well intented in interviewing willing people, and not related in any way to $cientology organization, I would provide them with my complete profile and coordinate, that may be verified, in order to get response.

The following may be provided:
Your name
University
School and degree
Thesis subject
Director of thesis

I wish you good luck and great success with your thesis. ;)
Thanks for your response! Yes thats why I put my skype name so if anyone wants any further information they can message me directly :)

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Thanks for your response! Yes thats why I put my skype name so if anyone wants any further information they can message me directly :)

I doubt you'll get any responses to your skype at all Maaria ... but if you do some research on some of the threads on this board and then ask direct questions (here) on anything that interests you, you almost certainly will.

:welcome:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi,

I'm a student writing my dissertation on Scientology. If your willing to carry out an interview with me about your experiences with the organisation please contact me via skype. My username is maaria_azhar. Thanks!

Maaria
Welcome Maaria.

I have a suggestion regarding what you might want to include in your dissertation. As is already indicated by preceding posts by others there is definitely a degree of reluctance, fear or terror that Scientology has precipitated and or directly caused. I wonder if it would be an aspect that you might want to research and elucidate in part of your paper. You could discuss with psychologists, sociologists, law students, police and even judges as well as with the UN commission on human rights(which is itself infiltrated and manipulated by the cult of scientology). Even the US State department became a 'useful idiot' in attempting to condone scientology's efforts to penetrate the German Government and continues to do so today by running candidates for political positions.
It is the oppression by scientology of free speech and oppression through noisy investigations and vexatious litigation of liberties throughout the world that I would like to see more papers on.
There is a huge amount of material directly on this and related to it already available but I would like to see some papers that could be used in amicus curiae for court cases. Perhaps the latter is beyond or an aside to your dissertation but it might be a good idea to discuss for any of your fellow students who are studying in the area of jurisprudence.

Do you have a specific focus for your dissertation that you could tell us about and for which we might provide some information on?

Last edited:

RogerB

Crusader
Maaria,

Actually, the info you need is already extant on this form . . . . all you have to do is search through threads like - "Staff War Stories" . . . . and just go to "Home" then, "Forums" and look at what is already here.

There is also a thread concerning an academic in Canada (a Prof of Religion) who did a big thing and dissertation of "Scientology" . . . with lots of videos . . . interviews etc.

Check it out . . . it will give you a real, really real basis upon which to base your work and from which to proceed . . . also look up the threads to do with our participation in the Australian Senate Inquiry into the Cult and its charitable status . . . search for Senator Xenophone in the box at top right . . . lots there!!!!

Also google for the "Anderson report on the inquiry into Scientology as commissioned by the Parliament of the state of Victoria, Australia" . . . . and hang onto your hat while reading it.

Also, pay attention to Karen#1 posts here relating to "Surviving Scientology" . . . extensive # of videos of her being interviewed.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Hi Maaria,

:welcome2:

Given the nature of the Church of Scientology which acts more like an organized crime outfit than a church, and their history or using tactics from the intelligence community to infiltrate groups as well as spying on individuals, most former members would probably want further information before they message you directly.

Also, as others have noted, there are extensive resources already on the web to extract information from as well.

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
Also, as others have noted, there are extensive resources already on the web to extract information from as well.
It's kinda funny.

The forum is called "welcome media people and researchers, ask here for help".

And then when someone shows up we tell 'm to go google scientology, look up the forum with staff stories or show the link to the big list. :D

Oh well, that's also helping people. ;)

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
It's kinda funny.

And then when someone show up we tell 'm to go google scientology, look up the forum with staff stories or show the link to the big list. :D

I've helped out with actual interviews in the past, but just super busy at the moment.

I did a in person interview with a PhD student at a local university (in Florida) several years ago.

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi,

Maaria
Why not do an open interview via this board? If your willing to use the user names of people here and have multiple people answering some of your questions you could make a thread out of it. You can get multiple views on those questions all at once and maybe get a chance to see the conflict that continues even after leaving scientology behind.

RogerB

Crusader
It's kinda funny.

And then when someone shows up we tell 'm to go google scientology, look up the forum with staff stories or show the link to the big list. :D

So, ummm, what's the beef? Don't you think that giving the girl specific threads and links to investigate helped shorten her search???

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
So, ummm, what's the beef? Don't you think that giving the girl specific threads and links to investigate helped shorten her search???
Sometimes you remind of lonestar's granddad, and other times you remind me of L. Ron Hubbard. (the caps are for you).

YungM

Thanks for all your responses! So my dissertation question is about why Scientology membership has been declining. Because I study history it cant solely be on secrecy or oppression, it has to have an element of change or continuity over time. I've got a lot of secondary research, and people stories from these secondary sources, but I was hoping to carry some personal interviews so I had extensive primary accounts to supplement the secondary material, and show how it has affected real peoples lives. Honestly I'm not from Scientology, I just need interviews so I can get a better grade :D

FoTi

Crusader
Thanks for all your responses! So my dissertation question is about why Scientology membership has been declining. Because I study history it cant solely be on secrecy or oppression, it has to have an element of change or continuity over time. I've got a lot of secondary research, and people stories from these secondary sources, but I was hoping to carry some personal interviews so I had extensive primary accounts to supplement the secondary material, and show how it has affected real peoples lives. Honestly I'm not from Scientology, I just need interviews so I can get a better grade :D
So....ask away....we are real people, we do have real lives and we can answer you personally right here.

What are your questions?

YungM

So....ask away....we are real people, we do have real lives and we can answer you personally right here.

What are your questions?
So my main enquiries are;
- What people believe to be the key reasons for the decline in membership
- Peoples personal reasons for leaving- what was the breaking point
- What initially attracted you to Scientology

But I also have many other questions which would differ depending on the persons personal experience/ how far they rose etc., so if anyone wants to skype, again my username is maaria_azhar :)

FoTi

Crusader
Go back to the homepage and scroll down to "Stories from inside Scientology". There is a ton of info from people who have posted their stories there.

Go on Youtube....a lot of Scientologists have posted videos of their experiences there.

Decline in membership?

People find out that what they thought Scientology was about and what they thought they might achieve with it just isn't so. L Ron Hubbard was a big fat liar. So they leave.

They are abused financially or physically or spiritually or mentally, or all of these .... so they leave....some escape.....some write books about it.....some go on TV shows and talk about it.....people watch the shows and know to stay away from it.

People run out of money and can't continue with it, so they walk away. If one doesn't have $500.000.00 to spend on their Bridge to Total Freedom, they will never make it to the top to find out that it was just a scam anyway.

Now that we have the internet, people who leave, post on line about their experiences. People who have never been in Scientology read those posts and avoid ever getting involved. The Church of Scientology can't attract new members when the truth is being put out on the net. So, they lose old members and can't get new members, no matter how much money they spend on dissemination, so the membership declines. There is no deep dark secret as to why people leave and why the membership is declining.

The breaking point is where people have had enough shit from this organization and the people in it, and decide it's time to leave, so they go. No mystery there.

What attracts people is different for different people. I know one fellow who was attracted because he thought he could become superhuman and make lots of money. I was attracted because what was promoted to me was everything positive.....a world with out illness, insanity or war, where an able being could prosper and have a wonderful life.....I thought this was a super great goal for myself and for planet earth and the people who live here....that was back in 1973, before the internet.

You can read my story from beginning to end if you click on the link below.....MY STORY INSIDE SCIENTOLOGY

Good Luck with your thesis....:hattip:

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think the best source for you would be this guy:
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/

BTW, do you want to interview (active) "Scientologists" or EX-Scientologists ?
I think you won't find a single one of the first group here and I doubt that any active Scientologist will be available for an interview - they are paranoid of being interviewed because their guru EL Con Hubbard was.... since he was caught by lying:

Unfortunately there was no youtube in the 70's and 80's. I think if people could have seen this video (from 1967) it would have saved them a lot of time and money.

Last edited:

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
BTW, in short:
When Scientology was successful, it was basically a "hippie-cult" (love, peace, freedom, better world....) a little bit anarchistic, with their own ship etc.:

Hubbard_Apollo2.jpg

https://tonyortega.org/2018/04/19/s...k-closer-at-xenu-in-all-his-glory/#more-47025

Today it has become the playground of criminals and (wannabe)-psychopaths like Grant Cardone and his wife Elena:

Would YOU want to become like them ?

Thats the answer to your question why Scientology is declining....

Last edited: