What's new

Los Angeles Freezone Convention Oct 2009

Chino Hills Boat Parade, Tues. Dec 23

Does anyone have any interest in being in the (annual) Chino Hills Boat Parade on Tuesday, Dec 23?

Instead of boats floating on water with lights, these are dragged behind SUVs and pick ups with Christmas lights and palm trees. It's a small town slice of life. I love it. We go every year.

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron
Sounds almost interesting...:)

In Chino they also have the annual Basque celebration, now, that is more interesting to me since I am half basque:happydance:

Diana

Sounds almost interesting...:)

In Chino they also have the annual Basque celebration, now, that is more interesting to me since I am half basque:happydance:

Diana

If I'm gonna bask, I'm gonna bask in the sun on warm Waikiki Beach; walk across the street to Cheeseburger in Paradise, or down the way to the Cheesecake Factory.

Do you know that the sand for Waikiki came from Manhattan Beach, CA. in the 1920s?

I'm half - assed, myself. My body is Anglo Saxon, but my thetan is Jewish, American Indian, frog (frog, the amphibian, not a Frenchman), fish, bird, hippy, farmer, child of the 50s, and Parrothead.

What I like about the Boat Parade is that it is a home grown tradition. It is done with enthusiasm, not corporate sponsorship (like the Pasadena Rose Parade), not snobbish elite-ness (like the Newport Boat Parade). It is like sand lot little league - no pretensions, just clean creative fun. I've always appreciated people getting together for the sole purpose of having fun. Not for looking good - for simply being good.

for educational purposes only: this post was created by someone who is buttered all over the universe, coconut butter, that is.

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame, but I think, Hell, it could be my fault.

If you the reader, has duplicated this posting fully, please PM me.

Last edited:
If I'm gonna bask, I'm gonna bask in the sun on warm Waikiki Beach; walk across the street to Cheeseburger in Paradise, or down the way to the Cheesecake Factory.

Do you know that the sand for Waikiki came from Manhattan Beach, CA. in the 1920s?

I'm half - assed, myself. My body is Anglo Saxon, but my thetan is Jewish, American Indian, frog (frog, the amphibian, not a Frenchman), fish, bird, hippy, farmer, child of the 50s, and Parrothead.

What I like about the Boat Parade is that it is a home grown tradition. It is done with enthusiasm, not corporate sponsorship (like the Pasadena Rose Parade), not snobbish elite-ness (like the Newport Boat Parade). It is like sand lot little league - no pretensions, just clean creative fun. I've always appreciated people getting together for the sole purpose of having fun. Not for looking good - for simply being good.

for educational purposes only: this post was created by someone who is buttered all over the universe, coconut butter, that is.

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame, but I think, Hell, it could be my fault.

If you the reader, has duplicated this posting fully, please PM me.

Time to turn over, CO. The sun is baking the brain. :whistling:

By the way, I'm miffed that you invited Diana to the Halloween Party but not me. Of course I had a prior commitment, but you didin't know that. :bigcry:

May Quincy kick sand on your coconut. :p

Mark A. Baker

By the way, I'm miffed that you invited Diana to the Halloween Party but not me. Of course I had a prior commitment, but you didin't know that. :bigcry:

Mark A. Baker

Glendale is a long way from Long Beach, and you didn't intrude on the thread. it was just a party. there will be more.

Do you really want to be invited to the next one?

in answer to your accusation: too much Jimmy Buffett music and Tony Bruno (on the radio).- stream of consciousness / Radio Margaritaville/ AM radio sports talk.

it is all their fault.

To Whom it May Concern

I'm always trying to reach a broad readership ...

read Nancy Many's book.

follow your conscience.

Enjoy life.

The Co$ is opposed to all of that..

Do things that you find to be "fun."

Last edited:

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron

Mark A. Baker

Sunday...party...1-5 PM...you know where :coolwink:
:party:

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
I still kind wish I want but for sure I will be there for the 4th with bells on.

The videos are good.

Barb