Lucia Ribisi ditches Scientology and says of famous dad Giovanni: 'He's questioned it

Discussion in 'Scientology Celebrities' started by CommunicatorIC, Apr 6, 2016.

View Users: View Users
  1. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

Lucia Ribisi ditches Scientology and says of famous dad Giovanni: 'He's questioned it.'

Tony Ortega: Lucia Ribisi ditches Scientology and says of famous dad Giovanni: 'He's questioned it'

http://tonyortega.org/2016/04/06/lu...us-dad-giovanni-hes-questioned-it/#more-29886

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Scientology has been battered and bruised by numerous high-profile defections in recent years, including the loss of some its coveted celebrities. But one defection occurred recently in such a quiet manner — and yet in plain sight — that it went by without making any news of any kind. Until now.

Last May, Lucia Santina Ribisi, the daughter of Avatar actor Giovanni Ribisi, talked openly about what it was like to become disaffected and leave Scientology, even though she grew up in one of the most well known, loyal Scientology families in the entire organization.

But that very public announcement went without notice because Lucia made it during a segment on the Los Angeles radio station KCRW while using a pseudonym to protect her identity. Dubbed “Carole” by KCRW reporter Madeleine Brand, Lucia talked at length about her father’s history of changing involvement in Scientology, and how she became so fed up with the church she sought an intervention at her school.

Several weeks after the radio show aired last year, we got a tip from an anonymous reader that “Carole” was, in fact, Lucia Ribisi. We didn’t take that tip at face value, but instead began working to develop sources who could tell us about the Ribisi clan and the radio show.

As a result of that work, today we have five independent sources — including two in the Ribisi family itself — who tell us that it was Lucia who was heard on KCRW and who has, in fact, left the church.

And that’s put her family in a precarious place, our sources tell us.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

2. CommunicatorIC

Carmen Llywelyn: Young Me & Scientology Or What Lucia Ribisi Taught Me

Carmen Llywelyn: Young Me & Scientology Or What Lucia Ribisi Taught Me.

https://carmenllywelyn.wordpress.com/2016/04/07/young-me-scientology-or-what-lucia-ribisi-taught-me/

I shook my head when I remembered the celebrity back entrance Lucia Ribisi talks about in the recent KCRW interview on her life & Scientology. Remembering the off limit places like the Presidents Office for anyone who isnt famous or the family of a celebrity helped remind me of that mindset Lucia explains so well.

It’s so new to see how well Lucia’s representing herself despite how tricky all this Scientology/leaving Scientology stuff can be to navigate. I was very close with the Ribisi family & I’ve written a little about it here before. They were like family until I was disconnected from.

It’s refreshing to see someone so young have the awareness she does of life’s not so positive side while knowing that her own life could be considered privileged.

3. CommunicatorIC

Re: Lucia Ribisi ditches Scientology and says of famous dad Giovanni: 'He's questione

It appears somebody reads The Underground Bunker and/or ESMB and/or WWP.... or knows something Tony didn't know.

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2016/04/blind-item-3-1191.html

Apparently this short lived, not a good idea marriage between a model and a B+ list mostly movie actor did produce one good thing

A child of the actor escaped the very controlling part of her life thanks to her step-mom.

Guess: Agyness Deyn, Giovanni Ribisi, Lucia Ribisi.

Which, if correct, tells more of the story that we didn't know: "thanks to her step-mom."