What's new

Material for Tone 40

guRl

Patron with Honors
Hi guys, a tiny question-
Where can I find the different texts where Hubbard has written about Tone 40?
I couldn’t really find it in “Science of Survival” (I did find Tone 4.0, and if it’s the same thing, well, I’m a moron).
I’m doing a small private project (some of which includes debunking alluring Scientology concepts), and I wanted to read through Hubbard’s Tone 40 “philosophy”.
I’ll be eternally grateful for references, even though I am a believer in Verbal Tech :biggrin:

JustSheila

Crusader
guRI, just Google ''Scientology Tone 40." There's heaps online.

Btw, since we're on the subject, that is probably related to the ONLY piece of scn tek I still use.

The drill where we had to channel the volume and or/pitch of our voice to call someone far away without yelling randomly and loudly.

I still use it to call my dog without waking up the whole neighborhood. It doesn't always work. She ignores me sometimes, but she hears me, that's for sure.

That's all there is to Tone 40, IMO. It was a mildly useful drill, but I'm sure ventriloquists can do it far better. Nothing OhTee about it; it's about how sound works and focusing the sound of your voice, that's all. I'm sure the neighbors appreciate it, lol.

http://www.explainthatstuff.com/sound.html

Last edited:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Some of us ex scios called it Tone 40 antagonism in regards to when scio execs used it to psychotically scream out their orders.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Btw, since we're on the subject, that is probably related to the ONLY piece of scn tek I still use.

The drill where we had to channel the volume and or/pitch of our voice to call someone far away without yelling randomly and loudly.

Hubbard refers to something not covered by mainstream science. He repeats it several times in the issue, but it's still easy to misinterpret what he is saying. I believe it's the same phenomenon referred to by some people who do internet auditing as "sharing the same space". For what it's worth, here's Flag Order 1756 VOICE that describes it. Take it or leave it. :)

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/sea-org-voice-drill.114640/

I was never any good at doing it, but it seems like a nice idea.

Paul

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I remember doing TRs at 50 yards (or whatever length it was) on the roof of Big Blue , it seems like 100 years ago.

Ah....good times (NOT).

All I could think about was how weird it must have been for any of the neighbors in the area who had to listen to it.

phenomanon

Canyon
I couldn’t really find it in “Science of Survival” (I did find Tone 4.0, and if it’s the same thing, well, I’m a moron).
I’m doing a small private project (some of which includes debunking alluring Scientology concepts), and I wanted to read through Hubbard’s Tone 40 “philosophy”.
I’ll be eternally grateful for references, even though I am a believer in Verbal Tech :biggrin:

Tone 40 is not on the Tone Scale, i.e. Tone 40 is not an "emotional" tone. Tonw 40 has to do with the voume of voice required to project an intention. That 'volume' is Tone 40.

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tone 40 is not on the Tone Scale, i.e. Tone 40 is not an "emotional" tone. Tone 40 has to do with the volume of voice required to project an intention. That 'volume' is Tone 40.
I strongly disagree - real Tone 40 has nothing to do with 'volume'. "Intention is effortless":

TONE 40, 1. defined as “giving a command and just knowing that it will be executed despite any contrary appearances.” Tone 40 is positive postulating. (PAB 133) 2. a positive postulate with no counter-thought expected, anticipated or anything else; that is, total control. (PAB 152) 3. an execution of intention. (HCOB 23 Aug 65) ....

TONE 40 COMMAND, intention without reservation. (HCOB 1 Dec 65)

INTENTION, 1. intention is the command factor as much as anything else. If you intend something to happen it happens if you intend it to happen. Verbalization is not the intention. The intention is the carrier wave which takes the verbalization along with it. (Abil 270) .....

and:

P.A.B. No. 152
PROFESSIONAL AUDITOR’S BULLETIN

15 January 1959
THE FIVE LEVELS OF INDOCTRINATION
The next level of Indoctrination is Tone 40 on an Object. .....In this Tone 40 on an Object you can have a number of commands and variations of one kind or another, but the one we use is this: You take an object - a small doll, ashtray, Coke bottle - and the auditor tells it to “Sit down in that chair” or “Sit on the table” and thanks it. Then he tells it to “Stand up,” and thanks it. “Sit down on the chair” or “Sit on the table” - then the auditor moves it with his own hands. He does all this while the coach is just standing there heckling him, and he has to do it so that his intention is so good that he gets perpetually surprised that the thing, the object, didn’t sit down in the chair or sit on the table, or didn’t stand up. The furthermost extremity of this would be that the object would do so without any further contact with the auditor than his intention. That point may be reachable - I must tell you that.

A person does this until his tone in giving the commands is Tone 40. There are many little drills that come into this. One is to make him put the intention into it and squeak and not say a word at the same time, but put the intention into it and alter his voice all over the place until he finds out that his intention doesn’t have anything to do with his voice or tone. He will eventually discover what Tone 40 is. Tone 40 is a positive postulate with no counter-thought - expected, anticipated, or anything else; that is, total control. Actually, today we use the word “control” very loosely. What we really mean is “positive postulation”; what the world means by control is, if he doesn’t do it, shoot him. Not Tone 40, but Tone .4.

As you can see, those hysterically shouting Co$-idiots have a big misunderstanding about "intention" and "Tone 40".

Here is an example what real "Tone 40" is:

Ages ago I worked in a shop for electronic stuff. One day a man with two women came in. The man was about 80 years and couldn't even walk alone. One of the females was his ~60 year old wife the other one his ~50 year old daughter. The man sat down on a chair and the women started to babble why the came and what the old man allegedely wanted.

After two or three minutes the old man moved his right hand horizontally. Only his right hand, not his whole arm. He also didn't say or shout: "Shut up, blabbermouthes !". No, he only moved his right hand horizontally .... and immediately there was silence in the room so that he could explain to me what he really wanted.

This was "Tone 40" in its purity - 'an execution of intention' (HCOB 23 Aug 65) ..... with the movement of the right hand only.

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
Hubbard refers to something not covered by mainstream science. He repeats it several times in the issue, but it's still easy to misinterpret what he is saying. I believe it's the same phenomenon referred to by some people who do internet auditing as "sharing the same space". For what it's worth, here's Flag Order 1756 VOICE that describes it. Take it or leave it. :)

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/sea-org-voice-drill.114640/

I was never any good at doing it, but it seems like a nice idea.

Paul

Interesting reading that Flag Order. Here Hubbard gives instructions on how to use voice to be "OT". I wonder were Hubbard got that tech from?

I've been to many social party's and have observed people talking loud to others around them to get them to listen to them and have also observed a person speaking softly but yet he has a crowd around him listening.

One should note Hubbard mentioned in the Flag Order "authority" and "those who have good voice control give off an atmosphere of command and assurance".

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
Interesting reading that Flag Order. Here Hubbard gives instructions on how to use voice to be "OT". I wonder were Hubbard got that tech from?

I've been to many social party's and have observed people talking loud to others around them to get them to listen to them and have also observed a person speaking softly but yet he has a crowd around him listening.

One should note Hubbard mentioned in the Flag Order "authority" and "those who have good voice control give off an atmosphere of command and assurance".

It's part of hynotism training.

http://hypnosistrainingacademy.com/hypnotic-voice/

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

If you are willing to dig through 5 years of shit piled upon my LRH books and lectures at the City Dump - I think you will find something there....but I am thinking some racoon's have smeared pooped all over the pages....:wink2::p Those racoons are so naughty!! LOL Everyone knows how suppressive City Dump racoons can be.

It's all free too!!

Go for it!

JustSheila

Crusader
I don't think Hubbard did that training?

Hubbard was an accomplished hypnotist before scientology. Check this out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_and_hypnosis

Have you seen Veda's clips where Hubbard demonstrated hypnotizing others in front of an audience?

Voice control is a huge part of hypnotism and hypnotism has been around since 1841. I wouldn't be surprised if that Tone 40 drill was just one more thing he copied from someone else and adapted and twisted with scn terms.

guRl

Patron with Honors
Thank you so much Uncover, and thanks everybody!

guRI, just Google ''Scientology Tone 40." There's heaps online.

Oh I did google, I couldn't find the actual full quotes though. Maybe Google is also tired of the BS :melodramatic:
But yeah, I can see how this kind of drill could come in handy in certain situations.

If you are willing to dig through 5 years of shit piled upon my LRH books and lectures at the City Dump - I think you will find something there....but I am thinking some racoon's have smeared pooped all over the pages....:wink2::p Those racoons are so naughty!! LOL Everyone knows how suppressive City Dump racoons can be.

It's all free too!!

Go for it!

Oh gosh darn it, you KNOW I have the power to shutter raccoon suppression!.. pfff :coolwink:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
P.A.B. No. 152
PROFESSIONAL AUDITOR’S BULLETIN
15 January 1959
THE FIVE LEVELS OF INDOCTRINATION
The next level of Indoctrination is Tone 40 on an Object. .....In this Tone 40 on an Object you can have a number of commands and variations of one kind or another, but the one we use is this: You take an object - a small doll, ashtray, Coke bottle - and the auditor tells it to “Sit down in that chair” or “Sit on the table” and thanks it. Then he tells it to “Stand up,” and thanks it. “Sit down on the chair” or “Sit on the table” - then the auditor moves it with his own hands. He does all this while the coach is just standing there heckling him, and he has to do it so that his intention is so good that he gets perpetually surprised that the thing, the object, didn’t sit down in the chair or sit on the table, or didn’t stand up. The furthermost extremity of this would be that the object would do so without any further contact with the auditor than his intention. That point may be reachable - I must tell you that.

A person does this until his tone in giving the commands is Tone 40. There are many little drills that come into this. One is to make him put the intention into it and squeak and not say a word at the same time, but put the intention into it and alter his voice all over the place until he finds out that his intention doesn’t have anything to do with his voice or tone. He will eventually discover what Tone 40 is. Tone 40 is a positive postulate with no counter-thought - expected, anticipated, or anything else; that is, total control. Actually, today we use the word “control” very loosely. What we really mean is “positive postulation”; what the world means by control is, if he doesn’t do it, shoot him. Not Tone 40, but Tone .4.

The above would have been a nice adjunct to the TR8 info in our course packs last century. I never saw this until now. It helps clarifies what Tone 40 is all about.

But I basically don't care now or have any use for hubbard's crap since he can't be trusted.

Isn't Tone 40 at the top of the expanded tone scale labeled Serenity of Beingness?

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

There is a tone 40 on the LRH expanded emotional tone scale

Tone_Scale.jpg

This expanded tone scale was printed on any posters for sale and to be put on walls in orgs (course room)

I just cognited that $cientologists are quite high up on the tone scale:

8.0 Exhilaration (glee club)

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
The basic meaning of Tone 40 is Serenity Of Beingness, the highest point on LRH's Tone Scale, where you can do anything you want, effortlessly and without failure.

But it also means commanding someone in such a way that you have total expectation that they will do as you say. This expectation comes across and actually goads the person into complying. This is a way to get what you want, but usually at the other person's expense.

Oh, and Glee is -26 on the Awareness Characteristics Scale, in the middle of the Grade Chart.

Helena

Leland

Crusader
Can anyone tell me what happens when 2 or more....."tone 40" individuals....are not in agreement?

What happens when "tone 40" individuals disagree?

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
Can anyone tell me what happens when 2 or more....."tone 40" individuals....are not in agreement?

Can one tone 40, full oatee infinity plus one true static..... Oh, whatever. Do pink unicorns fly? Do paisley megalodons swim? All equally plausible in the post-modern dystopia I suppose.

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
Can one tone 40, full oatee infinity plus one true static..... Oh, whatever. Do pink unicorns fly? Do paisley megalodons swim? All equally plausible in the post-modern dystopia I suppose.

40 is pretty low on the Tone Scale. It goes up way farther than that.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

ANSWER:

* Metered word clearing is employed to find the MU behind the disagreement, because MUs are "...the only reason behind every disagreement".

* Failing that, a third-party investigation is conducted to spot the WHO, because "...the only reason behind every disagreement or dispute can be be traced to an unsuspected and hidden third party promoting it."

* If neither of the above 100% workable tech tools resolve the dispute, the next action is to announce/release an unprecedented magnitude new technical discovery and rundown (based on wholetrack research) that reveals and handles "...the only reason two beings, organizations or nations have a disagreement, dispute or war."​

IMPORTANT NOTE: This P/L does not cancel any policy on the treatment or handling of a disagreement nor many other technical tools that detect and handle the only reason behind disagreements, including but not limited to HCOB STANDARD OVERBOARDING EP, HCOB QUICKIE ATTESTS ON RPF AND THE HOLE and HCOB A NEW TRIANGLE: AFFINITY, REALITY AND CHAINLOCKERS,